TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Sting should win and Job to Angle on Impact. I would say there's no way Angle wins but knowing this is TNA and he's in Dixie's ear, he'll probably win.

What I want to know about the PPV Sunday is if Banderas shows up. He's been appearing on AAA shows the past couple weeks in a non wrestling role. I wonder if they dropped the angle with him and Abyss?

Never watch TNA with headphones on, you can hear every breath Don West takes between sentences, it makes me want to strangle the bastard. Well, I'm not sure about every iMPACT, but the 2hour debut 10.04, the match between Black Reign and Rhino, his inhales were horrible.

Fireworks are expected today in Atlanta at the Bound For Glory PPV behind the scenes as a contingent of top wrestlers are planning to confront Dixie Carter about the current creative and management structure. The target of their complaints is expected to focus on Jeff Jarrett. The contingent that is upset is led by Kurt Angle, but includes Samoa Joe, Team 3D, and Christian Cage. While Jarrett has a long-running business relationship that developed into a friendship with Jeff, Kurt's wife Karen and Dixie have become friends, and Kurt and Dixie's husband have also hit it off.

Sometimes there is "talk" of this type of thing, but by the time everyone assembles, tempers or frustrations may subside and other priorities may take precedence.

There is, though, frustration within TNA over the booking, manifesting with some of the decisions made for the first two two-hour versions of TNA Impact. Jarrett remains the person who sets the creative agenda that Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo follow.

pwtorch.com

God I hope this will FINALLY be a wakeup call for Dixie.

Fireworks are expected today in Atlanta at the Bound For Glory PPV behind the scenes as a contingent of top wrestlers are planning to confront Dixie Carter about the current creative and management structure. The target of their complaints is expected to focus on Jeff Jarrett. The contingent that is upset is led by Kurt Angle, but includes Samoa Joe, Team 3D, and Christian Cage. While Jarrett has a long-running business relationship that developed into a friendship with Jeff, Kurt's wife Karen and Dixie have become friends, and Kurt and Dixie's husband have also hit it off.

Sometimes there is "talk" of this type of thing, but by the time everyone assembles, tempers or frustrations may subside and other priorities may take precedence.

There is, though, frustration within TNA over the booking, manifesting with some of the decisions made for the first two two-hour versions of TNA Impact. Jarrett remains the person who sets the creative agenda that Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo follow.

pwtorch.com

God I hope this will FINALLY be a wakeup call for Dixie.

Whoever wrote that needs to look at it, and rethink their sentence structure.

However, if this is true, then I hope it turns out for the best.

Why do this the day of what is supposed to be the biggest show of the year? What is Kurt Angle upset about?

If reports are right, probably the idea of a lot of unclean finishes in TNA. He was supposedly a supporter of more clean finishes in TNA and probably is upset that there are people undermining what he wants to do (he got pissed that he had Lethal beat him clean then had him go out and be a jobber to Samoa Joe). Stuff like that, probably.

From PWI:

From the "good news, bad news" department, it appears that last night's Bound For Glory Pay-per-view has resulted in a ton of traffic to TNA's website, TNAWrestling.com. Unfortunately, the site crashed following the PPV and as of this posting has yet to get back online

Yeah the site is still down, crashed out last night after the ppv I think.

On a side note, Meltzer originally had on the Observer site, right after the show, that there is going to be a Sting/Angle rematch at either tonight or tomorrows Impact tapings. For some reason, that was taken down soon after it was posted.

ok, the site is still down. last night, before the show, Jeremy asked how many people were at their first TNA event and nearly everyone cheered. Then he told them to go to the website, but anyone who took him up on that can't. Got to love it!

Just wondering here, has an TNA wrestler or personality written a book? Dusty Rhodes would sort of count, but I mean a book exclusively about their TNA career or backstage workings.

Jerry Jarrett actually wrote a diary-type book detailing the entire first year of putting TNA together. However, it was published and sold in a pretty homemade fashion, so copies are rare. The only other TNA "talent" I can think of with a book out there is Russo.

the NEW TNA Women's Title:

1tna.jpg

dont dig the white really at all.

Could do without the white - maybe red instead?

The plated are cool, though. I like that it's a non-standard (well by today's standards) looking title.

Jerry Jarrett actually wrote a diary-type book detailing the entire first year of putting TNA together. However, it was published and sold in a pretty homemade fashion, so copies are rare. The only other TNA "talent" I can think of with a book out there is Russo.

That Jarrett book is great, it was journal entries accounting how TNA got off the ground too, I think starting back in 01 and then finishing off end of 02 or so. I remember Highspots selling it way back when for cheap ($20) with Jarrett's autograph in it, had to pick that up.

Russo's book is mostly religious fodder than anything. His shoot w/ Wade Keller is interesting though.

I thought it was the TNA Knockout Championship rather than Womens Championship? Either way, I kinda like the belt.

I kind of like the new belt. It has an old school vibe to it that is kind of refreshing. At least they're calling it a "Women's Championship" to at least portray it as semi-serious.

Meltzer says Booker T (and Sharmell) were officially released by the E today. Anybody think one or both might eventually end up in TNA? I'm definitely not the "sign everyone who ever worked Raw type of guy," but I could go for a Booker TNA run. He could be very entertaining and can keep up with the top guys they have in the ring.

Booker might to go over if TNA would agree sends talent to his promotion in Houston. I would hope Booker stays away. I assume he would have to change his name, right? I'm not an expert on the name issues that plague many released WWE workers.

Hard to say if Booker could use his name somewhere else, but considering he had used it long before WWE, it may be possible.

I'm all for Booker in TNA for sure.

I thought it was Robert Huffman?

According to imdb.com (we know how reliable they are) his real name is Robert Booker Tio Huffman.

I just noticed on the TNA live events page, they have location to be announced (which they normally list for road shows) for Turning Point, but Final Resolution is listed as has happening in Orlando. I guess they're going to go ahead a pick up the PPV touring schedule. I could see them going every other month next year with Turning Point, Against All Odds, LockDown, Slammiversary, Hard Justice and Bound For Glory on the road. Other than Hard Justice, those are all usually big shows. I wonder if they'll give TP to Chicago since they moved BFG?

The rumor mill for the Mexico house shows sure is running crazy these days. Here it goes, take it for what it`s worth:

Lucha Libre ESTO is reporting Perros del Mal (The Dogs of Evil) members and 2/3 of the CMLL World Trios Tag Team Champions, Mr. Aguila (former TNA Americas X Cup Champion) & Perro Aguayo Jr. are scheduled to be apart of the December 14th TNA Live Event in Monterrey, Mexico at the Arena Monterrey! Lucha Libre ESTO is also reporting newest TNA Wrestling superstar Judas Mesias will also take part in TNA Wrestling’s return to Mexico.

SuperLuchas says Dr. Wagner Jr. is signed to work TNA's 12/14 Arena Monterrey show, and Silver King will likely sign on if/when he returns from Japan. This is a one-shot appearance right now, as neither are scheduled to even work the 12/15 show at Toreo de Cuatro Caminos. Super Luchas report says rumors of others participating (Perro, Aguila, Santo, etc) are just rumors at this point, even if they've said more in interviews.

This has been eating at me everytime I see him wrestle lately. Does anyone else think Tomko bares a resemblance to Kratos from God of War on ps2.