TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

It's a revamped version of an old Memphis gimmick called a "trick or treat match", where there would be a box in every corner and a couple would have weapons while others would have just random objects. I think WCW did one too on Nitro in 2000.

It's a revamped version of an old Memphis gimmick called a "trick or treat match", where there would be a box in every corner and a couple would have weapons while others would have just random objects. I think WCW did one too on Nitro in 2000.

Ah yes, The San Francisco 49er match between Booker T and Jeff Jarrett. That match is one of my favorite guilty pleasure matches of all time. It's just so bizarre I couldn't help but enjoy it. I remember they found a blowup doll and a framed picture of Scott Hall in the boxes. And Beetlejuice of Howard Stern Show minor fame did a run in after the match and got pummeled by Scott Steiner and put in the Steiner Recliner. Ah latter day WCW.

Is it just me or is Greenville,SC a pretty odd place to go to for the next PPV? I mean IIRC it was somewhat of a WCW stronghold (and earlier on a JCP stronghold) but I could think of several places off the top of my head that probably deserve it more but what do I know? Maybe our old friend Mike From SC will be there heh

Mike at a TNA show? Heh. Doubt it. He tends to hate everything but the WWE, and only barely tolerates them.

Yes, Greenville is an old NWA/WCW stronghold town. IIRC, it's also the where that one Flair vs. HHH match from 2003 took place, so it can still draw today.

CITIES FOR FIRST 2008 TNA PPVS, NEW MATCH FOR TURNING POINT PPV AND MORE

by Mike Johnson

I've heard TNA has opened negotiations with a pretty big internationally known name about coming in for a regular role with the company but until I confirm who it is, I'll refrain from mentioning more.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's Brock Lesner.

No, he signed with UFC, and Dana White is absolutely against letting any of his fighters do pro wrestling.

Why do these "journalist" douchebags do that anyway? "I'm so privileged that I know something is going to happen because I'm an INZIDER, but I'm not going to actually tell you what it is, I'm just going to brag that I know something you don't, kneel before Zod, mwahahaaaaa!" There's absolutely no good reason whatsoever for someone who claims to be a reporter to post a stupid tease like that. Do you see that kind of shit in newspapers? "Congress is probably going to vote on something tomorrow, but we're not gonna say anything else because it might not happen."

Internationally known = The Great Muta.

Just a guess, but internationally known tends to have me leaning towards the person being non-American. I can't think of many other guys who fit the bill of being a pretty big international name.

I dont know why, but I'm going with Bob Sapp possibly, as weird as that sounds. I know they wanted him a few other times and with Angle having some pull, well....

I think TNA even wanted to help put together a shootfight with Sapp and Angle IIRC.

I'm gonna say if its someone from Mexico either Dr Wagner, Silver King, or Mistico if its Japan I'm gonna say Liger or Tanahashi

Muta might make sense since they brought him in for that ppv, but it's been months since then.

No, he signed with UFC, and Dana White is absolutely against letting any of his fighters do pro wrestling.

Why do these "journalist" douchebags do that anyway? "I'm so privileged that I know something is going to happen because I'm an INZIDER, but I'm not going to actually tell you what it is, I'm just going to brag that I know something you don't, kneel before Zod, mwahahaaaaa!" There's absolutely no good reason whatsoever for someone who claims to be a reporter to post a stupid tease like that. Do you see that kind of shit in newspapers? "Congress is probably going to vote on something tomorrow, but we're not gonna say anything else because it might not happen."

It's a insider sugarcoating way of saying "Umm well so and so told me this...so I'm going to believe it's true even though I really have no idea if so and so was telling me the truth or not or if so and so actually knows what he or she is talking about...but when it really happens, meaning after it already happen at the tapings, then I'll be able to you I knew it way before anyone else did!"

then it sugercoats suckers into buying a newsletter or being able to access "news" on their website when 75% of what that newsletter or site says is compete and total bullshit.

It's a insider sugarcoating way of saying "Umm well so and so told me this...so I'm going to believe it's true even though I really have no idea if so and so was telling me the truth or not or if so and so actually knows what he or she is talking about...but when it really happens, meaning after it already happen at the tapings, then I'll be able to you I knew it way before anyone else did!"

then it sugercoats suckers into buying a newsletter or being able to access "news" on their website when 75% of what that newsletter or site says is compete and total bullshit.

Tajiri and Super Crazy to jump from ECW to one of the Big Two as tag team! CLICK HERE!

[[[PHOTOS OF TRISH STRATUS NAKED INSIDE----->]]]]CLICK!

I just got a text from TNA mobile that said

TNA in negotiations with international film and TV star know as "The Beast."

BobSapp1.jpg

Say hello to Christian's latest bodyguard!

Oh wow Dan Severn.. oh wait, yeah Bob Sapp

Dammi,t you stole the joke I was gonna use.

Truthfully though, that brings up a point: why did TNA never bring in Severn? Especially during the first few months, when they had a beautiful feud set up. When TNA started, they basically just stole the NWA title belt to use for themselves. The last independent NWA world champion was none other than... Dan Severn, who got stripped of the belt. And then who wins the belt? That's right, the man Severn hates more than any other, Ken Scamrock. They should've brought Severn in as a heel (his legit-but-boring mat-based pro style would work better that way), stuck him with a manager who could talk for him, and hey presto, they might've drawn some money. Or, rather, lost less money.

That's funny to see Severn's name brought up. I'm going to train at his Wrestling school in a few weeks. He doesn't really train the pro-wrestlers though, Josh Abercrombie does.

AN OPEN LETTER FROM "THE PHENOMENAL" AJ STYLES TO "THE INSTANT CLASSIC" CHRISTIAN CAGE

Late Friday night, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles contacted TNAwrestling.com with a statement regarding his former mentor, "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage.

According to Styles, he has attempted to contact Cage since Thursday's "IMPACT!" broadcast. However, "The Instant Classic" is apparently ignoring AJ's calls. As a result, Styles has asked us to post this statement in the hopes that Cage will read it before Thursday's broadcast:

Dear Boss,

I'm pretty sure you're upset with me. I tried to get in touch with you all day on Friday, but you won't return my calls or text messages. You blocked me on AOL Instant Messenger and won't reply to my Facebook pokes. Heck, I even tried sending you a game invite when I saw you playing Halo 3 online, but you ignored that too. I would have let you frag me with sticky grenades as much as you wanted if it made you feel better. You know, just like old times!Now, I can understand why you're mad at me after what happened on "iMPACT!" (you know, me accidentally winning the match when you had Jay Lethal beat). But hey, I paid for it in the end, right? I was the one who had to put on that ridiculous turkey outfit. Plus, I'm not sure if you're mad at me for not inviting you to Kurt's Thanksgiving dinner, but I made him promise me that he sent you an invitation. I'm not sure if it got lost or not, but I guess I should have just invited you in person.

I'm also really starting to get the feeling that you're mad at me for supposedly turning my back on you and joining Kurt Angle. But please believe me when I tell you it's all been a huge misunderstanding. When you made me the Captain of the Coalition, I knew I had to do all I could to help our team. That's why I talked to Karen Angle and figured out a way that BOTH sides could work together as an unstoppable unit. Can you imagine me, Tomko, you and Kurt as a team? Who could beat us? Tomko seems to think there's some heat between you and Kurt, but I'm not buying it. I even asked Kurt about it and he just rolled his eyes and walked away, so I know it can't be true!

Christian - I still consider you my close friend. My teacher. My mentor. I would never try to ruin that for anything. So this Thursday night on "iMPACT!", I have a plan that will put all these hard feelings behind us. I've requested interview time on Thursday to explain my idea - all I ask if that you hear me out and give it a chance. I think after Thursday, we'll all be one big happy family again!

I didn't want to post this on the internet for everyone to read, but it's the only way I knew to get my message to you.

See you on Thursday night, Boss. I'll have my cell phone close by in case you want to talk.

Your friend

AJ

PS - Please accept my Halo 3 invite next time you're online. I miss having you on my team and Tomko sucks at it...he keeps killing me with friendly fire - most of the time I think he's doing it on purpose

That my friends is pure comedy, AJ Styles is awsome.

Severn couldn't make the debut PPV, so the NWA stripped him of the belt to allow TNA's tournament to run as well as to eliminate the whole "Why is that guy the champion while all those guys have to fight for contendership?" debate.