TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

Albert was a great example of how many smarks could be blinded by booking, look, and gimmick into thinking a good wrestler was a bad one. He had perfectly fine matches with a wide variety of people, everyone from Mysterio to Benoit to Lazy No-Selling Bikertaker, and don't forget those miracles he had with Kane. But because he was a 300 pound guy who was mostly stuck in midcard tag matches with crappy partners and shit gimmicks, the entire IWC seemed to bury the guy and completely ignore his very real ability.

Well, its ironic TNA booked his character as a tweener who was extremely playing the "disgruntled at TNA management" card lately and then he jumps to WWE......classic shit there.....unintentional humor

I guess hes going directly to the show as well, not to development. According to gerweck.

RE: Gail Kim's supposed injury

Friday, January 11, 2008

FINALLY! A MYSPACE PAGE IM ACTUALLY USING!

So i decided to finally do this... man I suck with computers. so now everyone can check in with me here or through my website www.thegailkim.com Just wanted to write a little something since everyone is emailing me concerned about my "injury". I really wish everyone would stop believing what they read on the internet. I guess it comes with the territory but some people wrote me saying my leg was injured. nope. I did get a minor concussion at Monday nights Impact tapings but Im completely fine now. I have to be honest though...I did feel like I got hit by a truck this past week...and that truck would be Awesome Kong! Yes...she took that title from me...but I promise that I will get it back... she probably had the slight advantage going into it since we wrestled the night before. and by the way, she really should not have had a chance to get that title since I beat her at Final Resolution, but I never back down from a challenge!

Hope everyone enjoyed the shows this week...TNA KNOCKOUTS KICK ASS!!!

love Gail

8:26 PM - 10 Comments - 12 Kudos - Add Comment

Oh sweet jesus monkey fuck, when will TNA do anything right?

Granted, Angle-Nagata is the one match I wanted to see the most. But it must be some kind of blasphemy for an American company to go to Japan, the country where workrate and actual wrestling matches matter more than anywhere else, and STILL come home with exactly one match and a whole shitload of skits to make up the majority of the program. Every time they do something right, and this TNA/NJPW feud had lots of potential, TNA finds a way to fuck itself in the ass and then wonder why it didn't get a reach-around. GODDAMNIT this company sucks.

Remember when WWE or ROH did Japan shows? They didn't need to have constant skits of wrestlers being tourists, they showcased wrestling (the comparison isn't equal but I think you get what I'm saying). Skits like tourist travelin' is fine for DVD extras or intro pieces before matches but to devote the actual show itself around it and restrict the fanbase to just one match that will likely to be edited down is another level of bone headed stupidity.

I need to rewatch Angle vs Nagata because I kept falling asleep the first time. The ending was really good but I don't remember much else.

Is it just me or did Angle call him Eugene in the prematch segment?

I need to rewatch Angle vs Nagata because I kept falling asleep the first time. The ending was really good but I don't remember much else.

Is it just me or did Angle call him Eugene in the prematch segment?

Yes, he did indeed call him Eugene.

Personally, I loved the Angle/Nagata match and am looking forward to watching it again.

I'll play devils advocate here...

The opening 6 man was fun and all...

but in TNA storylines AJ and Christian can't be working the same side.

And Tomko working against TNA makes no sense...

And the 3D match was not very good...

And Daniels in storyline doesn't work for the company...

What are they supposed to be able to show?

The opening 6 man was fun and all...

I don't think they should have had a problem showing the main-event unless they just wanted TNA wrestlers featured on the show.

Could be that they are going to put together a DVD and only want to give the fans a taste of the show. Plus like Hail said most of the other matches won't make sense according to the storylines.

Guest LuckyLopez
I don't think they should have had a problem showing the main-event unless they just wanted TNA wrestlers featured on the show.

I don't think it makes much sense for TNA to air a match with 2 guys who aren't theirs for a title that isn't theirs (and isn't terribly easy to explain with Angle's). I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the match but I never expected TNA to air one of the full NJPW matches.

I did expect them to air at least 1 other match and I was guessing the tag title match given all 4 are familiar Americans. And I actually thought Tomko teaming with a 2nd partner for a 2nd tag title for a 2nd company could be used to further his character as basically being strong willed and independent guy. But I'm not going to kill TNA until I see what "skits" means.

Nagata/Angle is listed at 18:29 so if TNA makes the uncharacteristic decision to not cut the match for commercials that's basically half of their show anyway. Seems like if you include entrances, interviews, and hype packages (highlights of Angle winning the title vs Brock, package on Nagata or the belt's history) you can easily get another 10 minutes out of that match. Then maybe some packages on the other TNA matches, some general stupid tourist or respect stuff, and some comedy with the appropriate players. I could see the hour being good. If its an edited down match with 25 minutes of Don West yelling stuff and stupid comedy and empty self hype then it could be a complete waste.

Fair enough, since I often do that just to amuse myself. However, in this case, TNA could've easily made up some bullshit reasons to make it all work.

Just say that AJ and Christian have been forced to work together, and have been explicitly ordered to play nice and cooperate or else they'll be punished or something. You could have the announcers explain it on commentary, or the wrestlers do it in a promo, or Jim Cornette makes a ruling, or whatever.

Two possible excuses for that one. 1: Tomko is "his own man" and refuses to take part in the TNA stable wars. 2: Tomko still hates the Steiners from their feud a couple months back.

How is that different from anything they do on Impact?

Say he's fulfilling his last TNA commitment, since he was already booked on the show and Japan insisted he still had to show up. Since Daniels lost the match, they could say that he's depressed over being wished the best in his future endeavours and he's not his normal self.

Anything but MORE fucking "comedic" skits. Could even the Abyss match. Since he jobbed, say he's distracted and off his game because he just found out that Paul Bearer is his father.

From Puroresufan.com (cross-posted to the Puro comments thread as well):

New Japan also announced that Nakamura will head to TNA shortly to confront Kurt Angle and build up their unification match. Goto also showed interest in going to TNA and launching a RISE invasion, similar to CTU's from a couple of years ago. Nakamura will wrestle on the 1/21 and 1/22 tapings in Florida.

I just purchased my TNA tickets to their Webster Hall show on Feb. 21. I get a free autograph session and DVD, and stage seats. Looking forward to that.

I don't think it makes much sense for TNA to air a match with 2 guys who aren't theirs for a title that isn't theirs (and isn't terribly easy to explain with Angle's)

They should at least air clips of it, and put it into context, given how Angle is facing one of them, Nakamura, in title unification match next month and that Nakamura is going to show up on Impact to build the match. Common sense dictates they get the build going as soon as possible.

If Angle vs. Nagata is the only complete match they show, fine. But even for TNA it would be stupid not to show at least clips of the main event, considering the upcoming Angle vs. Nakamura match, and, time allowing, clips of the other matches too.

TNA makes business deal with UFC

TNA has made a business deal with UFC regarding promotion of UFC's 2/2 PPV show, and in particular the Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir match.

Details aren't known, but it is expected there will be heavy advertising of the next UFC during the TNA shows over the next two weeks. In addition, during the body of the shows will be hype packages to build up the match.

Next week's Impact will include a Brock Lesnar training package, as well as a Kurt Angle interview, where he breaks down the Lesnar vs. Mir match.

Could be that they are going to put together a DVD and only want to give the fans a taste of the show. Plus like Hail said most of the other matches won't make sense according to the storylines.

Yep, I was correct about that one. I can't wait to get that DVD. Should be really good since it will be all 6 full matches. The extras should be fun as well.

Albert was a great example of how many smarks could be blinded by booking, look, and gimmick into thinking a good wrestler was a bad one. He had perfectly fine matches with a wide variety of people, everyone from Mysterio to Benoit to Lazy No-Selling Bikertaker, and don't forget those miracles he had with Kane. But because he was a 300 pound guy who was mostly stuck in midcard tag matches with crappy partners and shit gimmicks, the entire IWC seemed to bury the guy and completely ignore his very real ability.

Agreed completely. He was one of the best hoss workers in WWE. He sold fine, moved around the ring well and executed his moves crisply, and they weren't generic hoss moves either, he actually had a pretty unique moveset in WWE. Judging by the popular views on the IWC, it's easy to see why WWE thinks wrestling fans have a short attention span because a lot of the IWC obviously didn't pay much attention to A-Train's WWE matches.

Courtesy of the Observer site...

Destination X will be on March 9 in Norfolk at the Scope Arena.

They will be passing out fliers on Monday at Raw.

Good to see there will be likely three TNA ppvs in a row on the road - Orlando is so dull, at least for a ppv setting.

Courtesy of the Observer site...

Destination X will be on March 9 in Norfolk at the Scope Arena.

They will be passing out fliers on Monday at Raw.

Good to see there will be likely three TNA ppvs in a row on the road - Orlando is so dull, at least for a ppv setting.

Agreed. If they do regular TV from Orlando, they don't need to do the PPV's from there as well. I know it cuts down on costs, but taking the live product to other markets is what they need to be doing.

TNA makes business deal with UFC

TNA has made a business deal with UFC regarding promotion of UFC's 2/2 PPV show, and in particular the Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir match.

Details aren't known, but it is expected there will be heavy advertising of the next UFC during the TNA shows over the next two weeks. In addition, during the body of the shows will be hype packages to build up the match.

Next week's Impact will include a Brock Lesnar training package, as well as a Kurt Angle interview, where he breaks down the Lesnar vs. Mir match.

What does TNA get out of this deal?

It's all Spike synergy anyway.

It makes sense that UFC would want to catch the eye of the million or so people that are watching wresting on their own station to pimp Brock's fight. Having his greatest wrestling rival on the payroll to talk about it helps.