TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nudist with a Bomb

Will the titles split?

Guest Nudist with a Bomb

What if before WM Hogan challenges Y2J for the WCW title only and wins (cheating).  Then we have Autin vs. Hogan for the WCW Title (sorry ... World Title) and HHH vs. Y2J for the WWF Title at WM.

Y2J will also remain the only undisputed champion eeeeeeeeeeeveeerrrr!

Guest Kagato Otaku

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure how they're planning on divvying the belts. When the split was planned for 1/7/02, I thought it'd go something like this:

WWF #1

WWF Title

WWF Tag Titles

Intercontinental Title

Hardcore Title

Women's Title

WWF #2

WCW(?) Title

WCW(?) Tag Titles

United States Title

European Title

Cruiserweight Title

But now, I'm not sure if they're going to leave the titles united or not. At this point, I'd say they probably will and they'll create a new batch of titles.

Guest Tony149

I think they're going to use the WCW belts for the split on fed instead of making new belts. I think they might let the U.S. Title be the #1 title for one fed.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

My bet is that they'll split the championship, that may be the reason that Jericho still carries two belts when everyone else ditched the WCW ones after Survivor Series

Guest Tony149

You know, they could have the second fed's main title be the U.S. Title, then bring back the U.S. Tag Titles. One fed has the World titles, while the other has the U.S. Titles.

The U.S./World idea is possible, but it would not work if the WWF want to portray the two feds as equal.

Guest Tony149

Would they be portrayed as equals if one fed does better than the other ie. If "Flair's fed" does better?

Guest mastermind

Well, I think the wwf should split the titles. If the wwf raw magazine has any bearing whatsoever, I believe they gave us the answer. There was a past article about the history of the sport trying to have a unified undisputed champion from way back and basically it said that the titles never really stay unified for too long. I think Jericho has both belts for a reason. I wonder with that other thread that the wwf won't split before WrestleMania, but actually come into execution the night after. I can't see how they can splt the night of RAW with half the roster having a "non-televised" event. I must say the wwf has done a good job of keeping this top secret.

As for the championships I think the wwf should just keep what they got.

WWF 1 (RAW)--which goes to NWO/WWF/Vince

*might explain why you don't see any NWO guys on the other non-televised shows

Anyways, here:

"WWF Title" Vince Mcmahon will want control of his title that traces back to his father's days in 1963

Intercontinental Title

Second most important title in wwf history/second longest history as well

WWF Woman's Title

You know RAW is T&A, so it will have to do with woman

WWF Tag Team Title

This was the traditional wwf anyways

WWF 2(NITRO)

I would have predicted the wwf to bring back the wcw titles, but Flair hasn't really been talking about their history.

World Title

The big gold belt what can we say

WWF European Championship

It will make the title's prestige skyrocket as it can become the secondary title

WWF Hardcore Title

WWF Cruiserweight Title

This way each division has four championships and each division is distinct with certain divisions.

Now if some rumours are true than the NWO will jump from one division to the next with successfully "poisoning and dividing" the wwf. Let's hope the wwf plays this out good.

Guest Loss4Words

I hope they have different writers for each show because maybe they will feel the need to compete with each other to put on better shows.

The feds would at least have to be portrayed as equal if they want the ratings to hold up for both shows rather than people just watching the A show because they know it will be better.

Guest Tony149

I'm with L4W. I HOPE that have different writers writing the shows. The current WWF creative team has trouble booking 2 shows. If they have to write another set of storylines, then it will go downhill. I say let Heyman book the other fed.

Guest hockeytown9321

I would keep the World Title unified, and have him appear on both shows.  It would make the World title seem special, and you could go back to having the IC and U.S champs be the #1 conteders in each promotion.  The champ would come in and work a program with the IC champ, while in the other promotion the main feud is over who will get the next shot.