TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

So, Who's Going To Buy Their 1st TNA PPV?

Will the first time viewers of the board actually go out of their way to purchase this PPV?

Is there a buzz for this PPV?

What do you think that the buyrate will be for the event.

Since TNA has hit record numbers of viewers in the last few weeks, its almost a given that their buyrate will go up. I believe it was averaging to be about 25,000 buys a PPV lately.

Dames

I have my stable of guys (NoCalMike, Darthtiki, Ced, myself, others) who are chipping in for this show. We decided to forsake No Mercy for BFG since No Mercy had quite possibly the shittiest build for a show in recent memory and most of the crew hasn't even been watching the shows, so they aren't exactly juiced about throwing away scrilla for a lame show. (and by most accounts, the show sucked ass) I believe it will be the first live TNA show for them, it'll be my second one live (Sacrifice was my first live, the other shows I watched later after acquiring them on video or DVD)

Realistically I don't think it'll touch WWE's numbers, but should exceed TNA's normal buyrate numbers.

If it doesn't, they're in trouble out of the gate because they don't get ad revenue from the Spike deal, so that means they've got to make money off ppv revenue. Since it appears hardly any of the video outlets and stores except a few Walmarts have even heard of TNA DVD's, I'm certain DVD revenue isn't doing very well.

Well I ordered two TNA ppvs, during the weekly ppv days, but I wouldn't count those as buying my first TNA ppv since it was just paying $10 for their weekly show. I got Week 2 with Cheekz and Week ? feat. Tony Schiavone's return. I'm definitly getting Bound for Glory, and I've got quite a few mark friends I've gotten attached to the product since it debuted on Spike TV. Everyone loves the X-Division, and for some reason we all have an obsession with Nash's ridiculous theme music, and loop it from TNAwrestling.com at parties frequently. In that regard, we are even hyped for Jarret/Nash because we mark for Nash due to his music. I also passed up No Mercy for this. I'm a Smackdown! brand fan over RAW, but after I bought RAW's Unforgiven and after attending the Great American Bash live, I've definitly given up on brand-exclusive ppvs, so hopefully TNA will offer their better ppv cards in the months where it's against a RAW or Smackdown! ppv.

I would buy this if I had the money, but unfortunately I don't.

Anyways, I don't think it'll get a very good number, maybe a little bit more than their average. They've only been on TV for three weeks and I don't think what they've shown in these three weeks will be enough to get a massive surge of new buyers. I think they'll see an increase in PPV buyers next month for Genesis or the PPV after that.

Guest Amy Ace

I would love to get it, but don't think I will cuz there's a Pride PPV the next day, and getting both would be too expensive.

Until TNA decides to ink another Australian PPV deal, I'll be using TEH INTRAWEB~! for my weekly and monthly TNA goodness.

I'll definately be getting it with a few friends, to save a few bucks overall. I would imagine the ppv will probably pull its best buyrate to date, though, with the well expanded audience watching Impact on Spike. Over a million viewers a week v. only about 200,000-300,000 on FSN is a big difference and should translate to something probably not groundbreaking but decent enough.

I'm getting it. Last one I ordered was Raven vs Abyss, don't remember what the show title was.

Guest Prodigy

Trying to rally some friends into chipping in for this. If all goes well, this will be the first TNA PPV I've ordered. I'm glad it gets to be this one.

Guest *KNK*

This will be my second PPV i brought outright live on PPV for TNA since they went to the 3 hour monthy ppv set-up. I got Sacrifice and now BFG.

BFG, Has perhaps the best mainstream show line up (sans the main event) in quite some time.

I'm seriously considering it, Styles/Daniels, Joe/Liger, the 4-way is bound to be a clusterfuck trainwreck, Ultimate X

Is it the same price as WWE PPV (34.95) or is it around 29.95

Guest *KNK*
I'm seriously considering it, Styles/Daniels, Joe/Liger, the 4-way is bound to be a clusterfuck trainwreck, Ultimate X

Is it the same price as WWE PPV (34.95) or is it around 29.95

The latter.

Joe/Liger is worth the $30 bucks alone. The rest is gravy.

Just wondering but in the actual buyrate number what would 50,000 buys mean? I know ECW's PPVs used to do something between .20 and .26 or so.

I'll probably get this PPV and invite some people over.

I may order it. I convinced a few friends to give the first 30 free minutes a try and see if we like it. I'm guessing the 4 way is gonna open the show. Joe/Liger will make or break this show for me.