TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

BREAKING NEWS - KEVIN NASH IN HOSPITAL IN ORLANDO

BREAKING NEWS - KEVIN NASH IN HOSPITAL IN ORLANDO

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Kevin Nash was taken to an Orlando hospital on Saturday.

TNA management has been in constant contact with Nash, who placed a call to 911 from his hotel room after falling ill shortly before the fanfest on Saturday afternoon.

According to TNA officials, doctors are running a series of test to determine the exact source of the problem.

TNAwrestling.com will post an update on this breaking situation as soon as more information is available.

-----

TNA employee Bill Banks is on the TNA message board saying that this true and not an angle

I'm too jaded of a wrestling fan to believe this right now. I too am skeptical.

However, if this is true, what does TNA do if Nash can't work tomorrow night? Cancel the match or stick someone else in his spot?

My guess is that Raven will take his spot, unless of course it's a work which just serves to make the match more believable when it ends in less than 10 minutes. I think TNA realize that this match has the potential to be the worst of the whole show, but is also the most significant in terms of what's on the line and they're leaving themselves an excuse if it does end up bombing.

Guest *KNK*

It's a work because Nash has done this act many times in his carrer. It'll offer the drama of "What will happen now?!?" and potentially even sucker in those digusted Raven fans protesting the PPV because they will of course jump to conclusions that Raven will repeat history.

They might just be adding heat to this heatless program by making it a big "mystery".

TNA's Bound for Glory main event in jeopardy

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

Kevin Nash was rushed to the hospital about two hours ago in Orlando. We don't have any details other than he was feeling bad after the fan fest and called 911. At this point it is not clear what the problem is but the feeling at the moment is that it is likely he won't be able to appear for tomorrow's show.

At this point the company is working on a subtitute main event plan. The plan at this point is still not finalized both for Jeff Jarrett's new opponent or what to do with the match.

Guest *KNK*

Well, it's legit now.

This is easy. Just have the explanation that Nash was "attacked" but the footage was too gruesome to show and that the local authorities seized the footage for an investigation.

Jeff Jarrett cuts one of those cheesy off the wall over the top "sad" promos where he laments the "lost" of Kevin Nash and that he's too emotionally unstable to compete that night.

Obviously, this should slot the Iron-Man match into the official main event spot.

The only question should be, Do they bother having a World title match? Because they can't just give away Raven/Jarrett III or Monty/Jarrett.

I'd just have a crazy ass brawl with Raven and Jarrett that will lead up to their title match at Turning Point, where Raven takes the title and they start the build for Raven/Brown at the FEB. Show.

If this is true, I seriously hope that Nash will be ok. He's one of those guys who I just can't hate no matter how much I should.

This goes right along with what I posted in the other thread though:

"With any luck though, the main event will get switched up somehow, just like we saw in WCW every now and then (Booker T winning his first world title for example)."

Jeff Jarrett cuts one of those cheesy off the wall over the top "sad" promos where he laments the "lost" of Kevin Nash and that he's too emotionally unstable to compete that night.

Yep, the main event will now be the "funeral" of Kevin Nash.

Bryan Alvarez on his member's board just said it's not a work. He has the same contacts as Dave Meltzer. TNA doesn't have a history of working their fans on the website anyway (the Matt Hardy situation comes to mind). Hope the big guy is ok.

Well there you go:

TNA's Bound for Glory main event in jeopardy

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

Kevin Nash was rushed to the hospital about two hours ago in Orlando. We don't have any details other than he was feeling bad after the fan fest and called 911. At this point it is not clear what the problem is but the feeling at the moment is that it is likely he won't be able to appear for tomorrow's show.

At this point the company is working on a subtitute main event plan. The plan at this point is still not finalized both for Jeff Jarrett's new opponent or what to do with the match.

Guest *KNK*

Yep, the main event will now be the "funeral" of Kevin Nash.

This isn't WWE. They won't insult their fanbase by doing that. Styles/Daniels is main eventing now...unless they got a hot segment set up involving Jarrett. Styles is the ace in the hole...they won't hesitate pushing that match into the main event, although I think it was already going to main event regardless.

The question here is...What do you do with Ortiz?

Guest *KNK*
Got to think it's Raven vs. Jarrett with Ortiz reffing now. Raven sure knows when to keep himself off the card at opputune times.

It's really pointless to do an actual match right now, a simple hot brawl to build up to Jarrett/Raven III (@ TP) is better move business wise.

Ok, maybe not the main event, but if they don't have JJ wrestle someone and they just have a segment with him putting down Nash, it wouldn't surprise me for them to have the "funeral" at some point during the show.

Ok, maybe not the main event, but if they don't have JJ wrestle someone and they just have a segment with him putting down Nash, it wouldn't surprise me for them to have the "funeral" at some point during the show.

Unlike WWE, TNA actually has some class. If the man is truly having chest pains, you don't start joking around about it. After he's cleared from the hospital? Oh yeah, but not when his health is in jeapordy.

Guest *KNK*
Well if they don't want to hotshot Raven.....I'm thinking Shawn Waltman can thank his buddy for getting him back into TNA.

Sean Waltman, is about as likely to show up and work against Jarrett for the title as Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage showing up @ Taboo Tuesday and goin over Cena and Michaels.

There's plently of in-house options for TNA to do before resorting to such tactics. I could see them using it as a vehicle to piss off the fans and give Jarrett heat, setting up the raven/jarrett brawl.

Well, accoriding to the Torch it looks like we're dealing with "cardiac problems" here.

Same sort of thing Nash was 'suffering' with before Starrcade in 1997. Of course, that turned out to be heartburn.

It's not unlikely that a 6'10" guy who's 46 and has used steroids may have some heart problems.

Well, accoriding to the Torch it looks like we're dealing with "cardiac problems" here.

Same sort of thing Nash was 'suffering' with before Starrcade in 1997. Of course, that turned out to be heartburn.

It's not unlikely that a 6'10" guy who's 46 and has used steroids may have some heart problems.

Seriously, Nash has NOTHING to gain here by working anyone. In '97 he was in a totally different place in all aspects. He's been a good trooper throughout his run in TNA, he knows what his job is and hes not going to throw away his last source of a wrestling paycheck by pissing off his boss by ruining the PPV main event they were going to have.

From TNA's Fanfest Report:

Highlights of the Question and Answer portion included:

- The Alpha Male issued an open challenge to Jeff Jarrett to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against him

- Christopher Daniels allowed fans to say hello to his wife via cellphone, who gave birth to the couple's newborn, their second child, last night in California. Shortly after welcoming their healthy baby boy to the world, Daniels was on a plane heading to Orlando for the fanfest. TNAwrestling.com would like to congratulate the Daniels family on their newest addition.

- Jeff Jarrett discussed his thoughts on the growth of TNA from 2002 to today, touching on other subjects including Bret Hart, Sting, his favorite guitar shots in his career and much more.

- Samoa Joe discussed his reign in Ring of Honor as well as his recent transition to TNA Wrestling and his match on the Pay-Per-View against Jushin Liger.

- AJ Styles fielded questions from fans on a variety of subjects, including his World Title reigns, thoughts on the X Division and his Ironman Match against Daniels. In addition, AJ shared his "candid" thoughts on some recent remarks made about him in an online interview by Batista.

They could just follow up on that and have Monty go twice in one night. Not that it makes much sense booking-wise but they gotta deliver here and offer some sort of match.