TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

BREAKING NEWS - KEVIN NASH IN HOSPITAL IN ORLANDO

From TNA's Fanfest Report:

Highlights of the Question and Answer portion included:

- The Alpha Male issued an open challenge to Jeff Jarrett to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against him

- Christopher Daniels allowed fans to say hello to his wife via cellphone, who gave birth to the couple's newborn, their second child, last night in California. Shortly after welcoming their healthy baby boy to the world, Daniels was on a plane heading to Orlando for the fanfest. TNAwrestling.com would like to congratulate the Daniels family on their newest addition.

- Jeff Jarrett discussed his thoughts on the growth of TNA from 2002 to today, touching on other subjects including Bret Hart, Sting, his favorite guitar shots in his career and much more.

- Samoa Joe discussed his reign in Ring of Honor as well as his recent transition to TNA Wrestling and his match on the Pay-Per-View against Jushin Liger.

- AJ Styles fielded questions from fans on a variety of subjects, including his World Title reigns, thoughts on the X Division and his Ironman Match against Daniels. In addition, AJ shared his "candid" thoughts on some recent remarks made about him in an online interview by Batista.

They could just follow up on that and have Monty go twice in one night. Not that it makes much sense booking-wise but they gotta deliver here and offer some sort of match.

They've been having Monty challenge Jarrett for a title shot since they started on Spike. He challenged him on last night's iMPACT!. It's the long term plan; they're not going to blow that without any proper build.

Guest *KNK*

- The Alpha Male issued an open challenge to Jeff Jarrett to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title against him

- Christopher Daniels allowed fans to say hello to his wife via cellphone, who gave birth to the couple's newborn, their second child, last night in California. Shortly after welcoming their healthy baby boy to the world, Daniels was on a plane heading to Orlando for the fanfest. TNAwrestling.com would like to congratulate the Daniels family on their newest addition.

- Jeff Jarrett discussed his thoughts on the growth of TNA from 2002 to today, touching on other subjects including Bret Hart, Sting, his favorite guitar shots in his career and much more.

- Samoa Joe discussed his reign in Ring of Honor as well as his recent transition to TNA Wrestling and his match on the Pay-Per-View against Jushin Liger.

- AJ Styles fielded questions from fans on a variety of subjects, including his World Title reigns, thoughts on the X Division and his Ironman Match against Daniels. In addition, AJ shared his "candid" thoughts on some recent remarks made about him in an online interview by Batista.

They could just follow up on that and have Monty go twice in one night. Not that it makes much sense booking-wise but they gotta deliver here and offer some sort of match.

Does the concept of business not make any sense to anyone anymore? Hot-shotting a match/angle for the sake of doing so is a tried and failed concept of WCW.

Nash wasn't going over anyways and it shouldn't alter the booking plans ONE BIT.

Jarrett cuts a promo saying that he got rid of Nash quicker then he expected, gets good heel heat and they do the hot brawl with him and Raven. No match is given away, no bookihg plans are altered. It's not rocket science.

Does the concept of business not make any sense to anyone anymore? Hot-shotting a match/angle for the sake of doing so is a tried and failed concept of WCW.

Nash wasn't going over anyways and it shouldn't alter the booking plans ONE BIT.

Jarrett cuts a promo saying that he got rid of Nash quicker then he expected, gets good heel heat and they do the hot brawl with him and Raven. No match is given away, no bookihg plans are altered. It's not rocket science.

You're ignoring that Jarrett will want a match on "TNA's Wrestlemania", that they advertised an NWA title match and oh, they're paying Tito Ortiz the big bucks to be the special referee.

If Nash can't go I can almost guarentee Raven fills in. It's an easy one to book. The annoucners at the top of the 30 minutes free period say Nash went to the hospital, they throw to Zybysko who has to make a decision and Raven barges in doing his thing and because he's in a bind Larry reluctantly gives him the title shot.

This isn't hurting any plans to have Raven and Jarrett headline next month. They can easily come back with another match next month, especially if it has a gimmick like no holds barred or whatever behind it.

If Raven isn't going to win, they shouldn't give away Raven vs Jarrett II with zero build. If Jarrett is retaining, put Waltman in there if you can. He and Jarrett will have a good match, no booking gets messed with, and everyone goes home happy.

If Raven isn't going to win, they shouldn't give away Raven vs Jarrett II with zero build. If Jarrett is retaining, put Waltman in there if you can. He and Jarrett will have a good match, no booking gets messed with, and everyone goes home happy.

That's a possibility too but Raven is going to be at the show with no match while Waltman is still on the outs with the company. Hell, if Raven doesn't win, it's all the more reason to still be able to do another match. Hell, the finish I'd book would be Jarrett cheats, AMW interfere whatever, and Tito calls for the DQ. Then they can attack him and Ortiz can make his big comeback on them all. It doesn't hurt anything.

Hell, if Raven doesn't win, it's all the more reason to still be able to do another match. Hell, the finish I'd book would be Jarrett cheats, AMW interfere whatever, and Tito calls for the DQ. Then they can attack him and Ortiz can make his big comeback on them all. It doesn't hurt anything.

Remember the atmosphere and emotion during Raven vs. Jarrett way back at Destiny a few years ago? Do you really think it would have been like that had they given the match away three weeks prior with no build just to get themselves out of a jam, and then gone back to it again at Destiny? TNA MUST NOT PANIC BOOK. The first Raven vs. Jarrett rematch on PPV is where you get the most juice, not the second, no matter how well it might get built up.

Hell, if Raven doesn't win, it's all the more reason to still be able to do another match. Hell, the finish I'd book would be Jarrett cheats, AMW interfere whatever, and Tito calls for the DQ. Then they can attack him and Ortiz can make his big comeback on them all. It doesn't hurt anything.

Remember the atmosphere and emotion during Raven vs. Jarrett way back at Destiny a few years ago? Do you really think it would have been like that had they given the match away three weeks prior with no build just to get themselves out of a jam, and then gone back to it again at Destiny? TNA MUST NOT PANIC BOOK. The first Raven vs. Jarrett rematch on PPV is where you get the most juice, not the second, no matter how well it might get built up.

I hate to tell you, but TNA can never replicate that atmosphere for that match. They have no long term plans to book Raven vs. Jarrett as a major feud, this I know. At most, Raven will be a fill in for Jarrett to beat on one of the months on the way to Monty Brown who is the chosen one. Remember, Raven won the title in a match he wasn't even advertised for. We can argue back and forth all night but Raven is the most likely substitution if one needs to be made.

I hate to tell you, but TNA can never replicate that atmosphere for that match. They have no long term plans to book Raven vs. Jarrett as a major feud, this I know. At most, Raven will be a fill in for Jarrett to beat on one of the months on the way to Monty Brown who is the chosen one. Remember, Raven won the title in a match he wasn't even advertised for. We can argue back and forth all night but Raven is the most likely substitution if one needs to be made.

It doesn't matter if they can replicate that atmosphere again. The point is that the best atmosphere and the best return they can get on Raven vs Jarrett II is from building it up for a few months and then delivering it. They are clearly saving Raven vs Jarrett for some point down the line. If they give it away with zero build on PPV, not will they get no buys from it, if they go back to it a month later, like you want, whatever atmosphere and emotion they get won't be anywhere near to what it could be, because the people just saw it the month before with no build. They will be throwing away PPV revenue by giving Raven vs Jarrett II away with no build.

Whatever. I don't think Raven/Jarrett has much buyrate potential anyway since Raven already won the title and everyone knows he isn't winning it back from Jarrett. I also stand firm in my opinion that TNA has no interest in building that match up beyond a one month place holder before they go with Monty Brown. I also know that TNA is potentially out of a title challenger when they've advertised an NWA title match, have Tito Ortiz there to be a special referree and Jeff Jarrett wanting his big main event. So you tell me what else makes sense.

Whatever. I don't think Raven/Jarrett has much buyrate potential anyway since Raven already won the title and everyone knows he isn't winning it back from Jarrett. I also stand firm in my opinion that TNA has no interest in building that match up beyond a one month place holder before they go with Monty Brown. I also know that TNA is potentially out of a title challenger when they've advertised an NWA title match, have Tito Ortiz there to be a special referree and Jeff Jarrett wanting his big main event. So you tell me what else makes sense.

Whatever.

Wow. You sure told me.

I don't think Raven/Jarrett has much buyrate potential anyway since Raven already won the title and everyone knows he isn't winning it back from Jarrett.

Raven vs Jarrett II is the biggest PPV match they have on tap right now. Jarrett against Brown could draw big, but that needs to be built to. Same with Jarrett against Styles or Abyss (playing off of their past dealings). Whether people think Raven will win the title isn't the point. That they want to see the match at all, and will PAY TO SEE IT, is.

I also stand firm in my opinion that TNA has no interest in building that match up beyond a one month place holder before they go with Monty Brown.

If they give the match away with zero build and Jarrett wins, then not only does it cement the idea you think the fans have that Raven isn't getting the belt back, but why would people be happy with having to see the match again one month later? They've already seen it with zero build and didn't get the outcome they want. If the match is being thought of as just a way to kill time before Jarrett vs. Brown, what sense does it make sense to give it away with zero build and then try to make people accept it again the next month?

I also know that TNA is potentially out of a title challenger when they've advertised an NWA title match, have Tito Ortiz there to be a special referree and Jeff Jarrett wanting his big main event. So you tell me what else makes sense.

If he is there, go with Waltman. The live crowd go nuts for him. He and Jarrett can have a hot match. They can even tease problems with Waltman and Oritz off of Waltman's martial arts background, which is something they can't do with Raven. Waltman and Oritz can play off of each other better. Jarrett vs Waltman also has the benefit of being something they arent saving, aren't building to down the line, and something they can go back where the momentum and atmosphere won't be affected if they give it away with zero build.

a) Nash having "chest pain" before what is likely his last big match really reminds me of what happened to Austin before Mania 19. If this is legit, it wouldn't really surprise me, for a guy with Nash's habits and health pushing himself too hard for what he thinks may be his last shot at fading glory. The body knows when it's being taxed and will react accordingly.

b) the skeptic in me thinks this is a work. the booker in me thinks it's a SMART work, as it gets everyone on the net talking about TNA the night before/day of the show, and makes everyone more anxious to see how it all plays out. With Nash's history, the Raven storyline, the story about him being taken off the show because he dissed the fan fest (which I didn't buy for a SECOND), the core potential audience not sold on Nash, it makes perfect sense.

using Waltman would be stupid. They already brought him back once after he fucked them over, rewarded him with a push, then he fucked them over AGAIN. They've made the same mistake with Jeff Hardy, and it's almost a lock that he'll fuck them over again at some point. What kind of message does that send to the locker room? Waltman, if he's brought back, needs to PROVE himself, not be hot-shotted into a PPV world title match.

HTQ- I'm really not trying to pick a fight, I guess we have difference of opinions that's all. I already said they could book a shmoz ending and let Tito Ortiz beat up all the heels, that leaves the situation open. I'd be fine with Sean Waltman too, I'm just saying he's still on the outs with the company and if he couldn't get there when advertised for weeks, who knows if he can make it on a day's notice.

TNA should have never put Nash into a *PPV* event after the track record he's had for missing matches and doing jobs. This is something TNA should have seen coming really. The Panda company deserves what they get for not trying to elevate younger and healthier talent other than heatless wonders Nash and JJ.

With that said, I hope Kevin Nash is okay. Seriously.

Got to think it's Raven vs. Jarrett with Ortiz reffing now. Raven sure knows when to keep himself off the card at opputune times.

It's really pointless to do an actual match right now, a simple hot brawl to build up to Jarrett/Raven III (@ TP) is better move business wise.

Tito Ortiz doesn't work for free.

Hall and Waltman signed WWE Legends deals. I'm pretty sure those deals have a nice clause that makes them "unavailable" for TNA to use.

1. I actually really hope that Nash is Ok. TNA doesn't have the history of working us for their beneift...and as misguided as they are...I firmly believe that Nash vs. JJ is what they wanted on their big show.

2. If they do plan on Brown beating JJ down the road...then they should NOT put the title on someone else just because today.

3. I think this ppv will be the biggest in TNA history...and I can't think that Nash would fake out of that.

4. And I'm ashamed to say this (if Nash is really hurting) but this just makes the show better. Everything else (outside of the Diamonds in the Rough crap) is gold...and now the main event is a ?.

I take KNK and HTQ's points about not panicking and saving the money matches but I can't believe that they'd just have a brawl with Raven. It seems too anti-climatic for their champion to do on their Biggest Show Ever.

Either way, does anyone know if TNA will actually state before the show starts whether Jarrett/Nash is going ahead or will the PPV now be billed as Jeff Jarrett vs ?

Are there any reports on how Nash is doing?

We should have more and with the latest change in the card, this could change, but the decision had been made to put Jarrett vs. Nash in the main event slot ahead of the A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels Iron man Match, The show will open at 7:30 p.m. with a four-way with Sonjay Dutt vs. Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong vs. Alex Shelley which will air free only one the live show, not on the taped replay showings. Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Liger airs promptly at 8 p.m. - Observer

Joe-Liger to open the show??? Fucking better get more than 10 mins.

Wow, I don't know whether Joe/Liger opening is a good or a bad move. If it gets 20-25, its a good move. If they waste it, bad bad bad. But with the way the've been building it as a huge match, it should get good time, maybe 20 minutes. If this is true, then I guess it would probably be the best PPV opener ever, unless I'm forgetting something awesome.

Techincally, it's not opening. They consider the 30 minutes part of the show (and it's part of the replays), so the four-way is the opening match. Joe-Liger is just going on second, which means (I assume) we'll see the six-man placed somewhere for a cool-down match later in the card.

Guest Coffey

Eh, the more I think about it, the more sense it'd make to build to Monty/Jarrett than Raven/Jarrett. Raven just wants the title. His "destiny." Brown, though, he wants the title and TNA have been teasing him going after Jarrett.

So let Jarrett lose to Brown and build to Raven/Brown. It seems like it'd make more sense.

As far as a replacement for Nash tonight? Eh, I dunno. Tito is there, so something is going to go down.

Also, am I the only one that actually wouldn't have been disappointed to see Nash win the title? I know it wasn't going to happen, but still.

Is anyone else remembering Nash's chest pains/heart attack/whatever right before Starrcade 97? He was supposed to job to the Giant on that show and got out of that. And bear in mind that was WCW's biggest PPV ever.

Well, they _should_ have Jarrett defend against someone. They have Tito Ortiz booked for the show, and not having him work as a ref would be dumb. They've advertised an NWA Title match, and not having one on such short notice would be dumb and probably piss off some fans. (Believe it or not, a lot of people are Kevin Nash marks.)

I would have Raven show up and challenge Jarrett, since they've already announced that Raven will be at Bound For Glory, and obviously he still has storyline issues with Jarrett. Larry Z or someone then makes the match official, and Raven goes over Jarrett to win the title with Ortiz somehow factoring into the finish. Then build up to a big three way match of Raven vs Jarrett vs Monty Brown.

Guest Coffey

Eh, then that plays into giving away the match with no build-up that HTQ, etc. were alluding too. I think it'd be better if they have Tito Ortiz come out as the special ref. Then have Jarrett come out, so that it looks like the match is going as planned. Then Raven comes out instead of Nash. Gets a mic, says he took out Nash and wants his shot. He charges the ring and Ortiz seperates the two. They really shouldn't give the match away.

Maybe have Monty & Abyss both come out too since they don't think it's fair that Raven moves into the slot with Nash sidelined and Ortiz can play peacemaker between all four. Then they can play the "my God, what's going to happen on iMPACT!?" card.

I actually like the Waltman idea suggested earlier only I don't really think he deserves to get a title shot. Even if he'll just be Jarrett fodder. Yeah, it'd be a better match but it wouldn't make sense and it'd be seen as unfair to a lot of the other workers, even in the storylines sense.

Yeah, I do kind of agree that giving away Jarrett vs Raven is a bad business move, but I'm under the impression they want this show to get raves reviews, get a lot of hype and all that...and just blowing off a World Title match seems like something that would piss off a good portion of the audience.

Bringing in Waltman wouldn't be bad. They could play it off as Jarrett having some of his thugs take out Nash, and then Waltman shows up to get revenge. He doesn't really _deserve_ to get a spot like that, but it wouldn't be a terrible option.

Guest Coffey

As previously mentioned though, can Waltman even work for TNA after signing the WWE Legends contract?

I think that the majority of the fans would be forgiving of the Heavyweight title shenanigans if the rest of the card delivers. A strong Liger/Joe match, a decent Ultimate X match and the 30 min. Iron Man to close the show should make them forget about it. Unless, of course, they're the aforementioned Nash marks.