TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

BREAKING NEWS - KEVIN NASH IN HOSPITAL IN ORLANDO

I'll give Nash the benefit of the doubt as far as Starrcade '97 goes. He felt like he was having a heart attack, and his dad died of a heart attack at a young age, so he was afraid.

However, his heart attack scare came from a day spent eating weed brownies, drinking beer and taking muscle relaxers, so he doesn't get too much sympathy from me.

While I'm not too sad about the prospect of Nash not main-eventing (although I do hope he gets better), it's quite unfortunate for TNA that they won't be able to deliver the main event of the first PPV that their new Spike TV audience will be able to see.

Guest *KNK*

The Ortiz factor isn't that major of a issue, he wasn't neccesarily involved in the "story" itself. Smart bookers will figure out where to use him, even if it's something as simple as moving him to another match or giving him a confrontation with Jarrett.

I can't believe people here are openly calling for Raven or Brown to take the title tonight. Raven/Jarrett III is clearly the match they are building to, in addition Brown/Jarrett and subsequently Brown/Raven.

I don't know about Sean Waltman and his past is just that, the past. The workers are smart enough to know business is business. They will have to check their insecurities @ the door.

Does anyone know if Tito wants to wrestle? The easiest thing would be for Double J to tick him off and have Ortiz light him up, slam him, then apply the rear naked choke or armbar. then you can have Monty work toward the face turn and they can do a thing where Raven has to work his way back to a title shot while Ortiz and Jarrett feud and you could see if Ken Shamrock wants to play along as part of it. I should add I hope Nash is okay.

Edited by Masked Man of Mystery

That is news to me that Waltman and Hall signed WWE legends deals. TNA is still in talks with Waltman even as early as last week about returning at some point actually.

Like most, I can't lie when I say this news only generates MORE interest in the card for me. That match was the only glaring mistake I felt TNA made with the card for the most part. Maybe its the wrestling gods telling them something?! ;)

Its been mentioned already, but I think if he's not in that bad of shape (which I've heard he is) they should sign up Hall for a one time shot against Jarrett. It would play into the situation a little bit. Waltman - again that would play into Nash a little bit since they are friends, but I really have no desire to see Waltman-Jarrett and quite honestly if he is ever to return, he should earn a spot like that on a ppv.

The other option would be talking Ortiz to actually work a short 10 minute match with Jarrett instead of being the ref. Honestly, I'm probably in the minority but I would dig seeing this. Just have it end in a DQ or something and then if it did actually click with the two, do a rematch down the road. If it doesn't, well you can always still bring Ortiz back in at a later date for more reffing duties or whatever.

No way no how should they do Raven or Brown in Nash's spot though. Its too rushed and either of those matches w/ Jarrett can draw if booked properly with at least some sort of build to them.

Guest J-Man

I really don't think they should do Jarrett vs. Waltman. It would just make the NWA Title seem even more like the WWE Intercontinental Championship, which was the big argument I saw on all the boards if Jarrett was champion going into the Spike TV debut. Well, to have that match on the biggest show of the year, no less, would further the stigma. They should just have Jerry Lynn come and take the shot over Waltmen. Lynn-Jarrett would have a good match, Lynn would seem like a hero coming in as the big babyface to save the day from TNAs trouble, and if they really wanted to use Waltman, they could further the great Lynn-Waltman storyline.

I would have a similar situation as people have been talking about in the half hour free program where Raven comes out and tries to get the title shot like he did at Slammiversary from Larry Z, but Larry denies him but says he has found a suitable replacement in a former ECW Champion. Raven snaps, of course, leading to him trying to kill Larry Z.

I wouldn't announce Lynn as the replacement, as it may draw last second buys to find out who it is (not likely, but I doubt Lynn would really draw anymore then this) plus, if he's not announce, when his music hits it will get a better fan reaction, in my oppinion.

Guest J-Man

Hahah good point. I remember that music he used in the beginning, when everyone else in the X-Division used the same song, but that was in the first six weeks. I think he uses some metal music now...

Well, then I mean when he finally shows his face, that will get a good pop. Yeah...

I don't think I'm going to order this PPV unless they come up with a main event.

Honest to God, I'd just rather see Monty vs. Jarrett tonight. In my opinion, dragging the feud out won't do any extra business whatsoever.

Guest *KNK*
I don't think I'm going to order this PPV unless they come up with a main event.

Honest to God, I'd just rather see Monty vs. Jarrett tonight. In my opinion, dragging the feud out won't do any extra business whatsoever.

So a card that was already loaded and now has the added suspense of the open challenge doesn't do it for you? Joe killing Liger is all you need.

What!?

You're going to miss Joe vs Liger and AJ vs Daniels because you don't know what the ME will be? :huh:

EDIT: Oops, KNK beat me to it.

Edited by The Decemberists

Guest Greg Valentine

Don't think anyone posted this yet, from TNA.com :

"Kevin Nash Update, More "Bound For Glory" News News

October 23rd, 2005 12:31

KEVIN NASH UPDATE, MORE REGARDING TONIGHT'S "BOUND FOR GLORY"

Update: On Sunday, TNA management learned that Kevin Nash will not be medically cleared to compete tonight in the main event of "Bound For Glory" for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. TNA management official Terry Taylor spent the night with Nash at the hospital, who also had his family in attendance. Nash was admitted to an Orlando hospital on Saturday afternoon after dialing 911 from his hotel room shortly before the fanfest.

TNA management along with Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko have ensured TNAwrestling.com that the NWA World Heavyweight Title will indeed be defended tonight at "Bound For Glory". We hope to have an update on the condition of Kevin Nash as soon as possible.

OTHER BOUND FOR GLORY NEWS:

In addition, following last night's "iMPACT!" on SpikeTV, two matches have been added to the "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View. Following the controversial ending in the NWA World Tag Team Title match, Larry Zbyszko has ordered a rematch tonight on the Pay-Per-View as new titleholders America's Most Wanted will defend the gold in a rematch against The Naturals! Can Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas rebound from the brutal and bloody beating they suffered on "iMPACT!" to reclaim the gold, or will AMW steal another win?

Another match added will be a six-man match featuring The 3Live Kru (BG James, Konnan and The Truth) taking on Team Canada (Bobby Roode, Eric Young and A1).

Finally, TNAwrestling.com has learned that tonight's show will kick off with the four-way X Division bout in the first 30 minutes for free, featuring Sonjay Dutt vs. Austin Aries vs. Alex Shelley vs. Roderick Strong!

CATCH "BOUND FOR GLORY" TONIGHT LIVE AND EXCLUSIVELY ON PAY-PER-VIEW! "

Well, the title is definitely being defended apparently, let the speculation continue...

Guest Coffey

Wow! Seeing as how the main event was the worst match on the card and now it has the possibility to become better...just wow. The main event wasn't really ever the selling point for this PPV anyway. Samoa Joe Vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Ultimate X & a 30 min. Iron Man match between The Fallen Angel & AJ Styles doesn't entice you? Jarrett Vs. Nash did? Wow.

Guest Biggles

Tnawrestling.com says there will be a title match tonight.

TNA management along with Championship Committee member Larry Zbyszko have ensured TNAwrestling.com that the NWA World Heavyweight Title will indeed be defended tonight at "Bound For Glory". We hope to have an update on the condition of Kevin Nash as soon as possible.

Shit like Diamonds in the Rough vs. Jobbers and America's Most Wanted vs. The Naturals sounds less appealing than most WWE PPV matches. Even after watching all four Impact episodes, I only vaguely know most of the wrestlers. I'd prefer Hurricane and Rosey vs. Cade and Murdoch.

Samoa Joe vs. Jushin Liger sounds great but you know it will be Joe-centric (because they foolishly didn't put him on TV until Episode 4) and I've already seen enough Joe recently. However, I would give this a shot, but I'm not hyped for it.

The two other Ultimate X matches I've seen (the first two) were decent, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch them.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in the 30 minute match sounds pretty good (even though I'm not huge fans of either guy). I'm not big on the concept of 30 minute Iron Mans, though.

Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett sounded god-awful to begin with, and now it might be cancelled. This is either good or bad. I wouldn't put anything with Jarrett or Nash near the "main event". Jarrett vs. Raven sounds mildly good but I think they'll come to their senses and put the Iron Man last.

I'm on the fence. It's mainly because I haven't watched enough TNA in the past (like most other Impact viewers). It will really come down to whether my chums want to see it tonight or not.

EDIT: The four way match sounds great (I'm big on Roderick and Austin). It's free, though!

Guest *KNK*

Smart move by TNA to officially declare that the title would be defended tonight. It opens up a web of intriuge because they do alot of things with it, it's rare for a AWESOME card and air of mystery as well.

Guest *KNK*

I wonder if they will hype it as a mystery challenger or they will simply announce it to begin with.

If you announce Raven/Jarrett III on the pre-show, you might get an extra few buys but you blow off a show carrying draw for the future.

If their two "big" matches are Raven/Jarrett III and Monty/Jarrett, couldn't they afford to offer one of the two tonight? I assume it would be Raven though.

Guest *KNK*
If their two "big" matches are  Raven/Jarrett III and Monty/Jarrett, couldn't they afford to offer one of the two tonight? I assume it would be Raven though.

Raven/Jarrett III would be the one to do first, but both are money matches they don't need to blow their load on, however I understand the sentiment saying that must deliver a big main even for the new fanbase. Ultimately, I don't think they should change their booking plans because of this.

Guest Coffey
This may be a stupid question, but who is the head booker(s) in TNA?

Bill Banks, Scott D'Amore, Jeremy Borash, Dutch Mantell, and Mike Tenay I believe but don't hold me to that. I haven't read about the booking committee in awhile.

Guest *KNK*
This may be a stupid question, but who is the head booker(s) in TNA?

Scott D'Amore, Jeff & Jerry Jarrett, Mike Tenay & Jeremy Borash I believe but don't hold me to that. I haven't read about the booking committee in awhile.

I believe Terry Taylor is involved as well. Is Zybysko just a figurehead role? He doesn't have actual influence does he?

Guest Coffey

Actually, I edited my post already because I forgot about Dutch Mantel and Bill Banks.

I'm still pretty sure than the Jarretts have an "influence" though.