TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Amy Ace

WWE Open U.S. Tryouts

Guest Amy Ace

From WWE.com;

Tryouts are coming to the states

Oct. 21, 2005

WWE recently asked fans from the United Kingdom wishing to become WWE Superstars to fill out an online application. WWE officials then sifted through thousands of applicants in hopes of finding the next RAW or SmackDown Superstar. Eric Schwartz was the first man selected, and will now participate in an elite WWE tryout.

The response to the United Kingdom tryouts was so overwhelming that WWE has chosen to start accepting applications from fans in the United States. Some of the cities WWE plans on holding tryouts in include Pittsburgh, Daytona Beach, Mexico City and Buffalo, among others.

Check back here as more information on the application process becomes available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- They're coming here to Pittsburgh, what do you think, should I give it a shot? lol.

Guest Amy Ace

I don't think so, they just said an "elite tryout", if it was TE I'm sure they would have said so.

Guest Fook_Theta

Did the guys running the WCW Powerplant end up taking over WWE operations in that field? I don't understand this recent obsession with building a guy from the ground up, instead of atleast starting with someone that has 'paid their dues' for a few years in the indy scene.

Guest Fook
Did the guys running the WCW Powerplant end up taking over WWE operations in that field?  I don't understand this recent obsession with building a guy from the ground up, instead of atleast starting with someone that has 'paid their dues' for a few years in the indy scene.

It's basically because with indy guys, they'd have to "reteach" them to only use WWE-style while a new guy will be more willing to accept a moveset consisting of only dropkicks, spinebusters, chinlocks, and a neckbreaker variation as a finisher.

Guest Amy Ace

I think they figure if they build them from the ground up, they can pay them next-to-nothing without them complaining. I mean isn't the starter salary for developement guys like $500 a week?

Did the guys running the WCW Powerplant end up taking over WWE operations in that field?  I don't understand this recent obsession with building a guy from the ground up, instead of atleast starting with someone that has 'paid their dues' for a few years in the indy scene.

It's basically because with indy guys, they'd have to "reteach" them to only use WWE-style while a new guy will be more willing to accept a moveset consisting of only dropkicks, spinebusters, chinlocks, and a neckbreaker variation as a finisher.

Right. I remember on the first TE when they were interviewing all the people when one of them said that they had been to wrestling school before and Tazz and Big asked him if he would have a problem with them reteaching him how to wrestle. I think it might have been Harvard Chris.

And then when Harvard Chris was someone how to do a move Torrie stopped him and told that's not how they do the move. They do it "the WWF way".

A little more...

Applications are still being accepted for any wrestlers in the UK wanting to tryout for WWE prior to the November 17 show in Manchester, with Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin and others hosting the trials. At time of writing, WWE.com have announced four individuals who have been invited to attend the session, those being Eric Schwarz, Chris Raaber, Gavin Best and Jemma S.T. Palmer.

Schwarz and Raaber have been working throughout Europe for several years now and are both extremely talented in the ring.

Jemma S.T. Palmer is listed on WWE.com has having just one year’s experience in Professional Wrestling. We’re looking for further information on who she is, although we believe she’s worked under the ring name Acasia Rose, primarily as a valet rather than as a wrestler.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Guest Ransome

They're desperately trying to repeat the success they had with the Rock and Kurt Angle. Now, they want as many 'homegrown' stars as possible, thus the giant pushes of Lesnar, Orton, Cena, Batista and innumerable other useless lugs before WCW-made or ECW-made talent. As such, the Rock and Angle have a lot to answer for...

Guest Amy Ace

There was alittle more info about the tryouts in this weeks Observer, that I just got today. The Pittsburgh one is gonna be on 12/28 (my guess would be with Kurt Angle heading it up, and at the Mellon Arena) they'll also be on 12/17 in Daytona Beach, 12/29 in Buffalo, and 1/18 on Long Island at the Nassau Coliseum.

Heres what was on wwe.com about the UK tryouts which may give us more of an idea about the US ones:

BRITISH HOPEFULS TO BE GIVEN CHANCE TO TRY OUT FOR WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT®

October 12, 2005

BRITISH HOPEFULS TO BE GIVEN TRY OUT

FOR WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT®

London, 11th October 2005: British wrestlers will have the opportunity of a lifetime to make their case as to why they should be part of the world’s premier sports entertainment brand when World Wrestling Entertainment comes to the MEN Arena in Manchester on 17th November as part of the WWE® RAW® Survivor Series® tour.

WWE is giving British wrestlers a rare chance to try out in front of WWE RAW Superstars Shelton Benjamin™ and Kurt Angle® and WWE agents, an opportunity that could be the first step towards a fantastic career with WWE.

The tryouts are open to both male and female applicants over the age of 18 and will take place between 3 p.m.--5 p.m. at the MEN Arena. The potential future Superstars will be tested physically and mentally to see if they have what it takes to join WWE.

John Laurinaitis, WWE’s Vice President of Talent Relations, said, “Great Britain has a long and heralded wrestling history, and has been the source of some very talented WWE performers. We decided to hold a try out in Manchester to determine if there are some British talents who might have what it takes to become part of the WWE. We are excited about the prospect of finding some talented individuals with the ability to become part of the next generation of WWE Superstars.”

Successful applicants could find themselves following in the footsteps of other British WWE Superstars such as British Bulldog™, Rowdy Roddy Piper™, William Regal™ and, most recently, Paul Birchall™. Birchall and Regal will be fighting as an all-British tag team when the WWE SmackDown® Survivor Series tour comes to Nottingham Arena on 21st November and to Sheffield’s Hallam FM Arena on 22nd November

Separate WWE RAW and SmackDown Survivor Series tours kick off on 15th November and culminate in the respective broadcasts of flagship TV programs, RAW and SmackDown, from the Hallam FM Arena in Sheffield on November 21 and 22. Tickets are available now from £20 and can be booked at the venue or by logging on to www.bookingsdirect.com

Applications for the tryouts can be found at wwe.com/worldwide/unitedkingdom or click here for the Application. The closing date for entries is Monday 7th November.

Also heres link to the UK application- https://secure.wwe.com/forms/uktryout

This just in

Mexico City is in the United States :huh:

so not only can't they book - they don't know geography either LOL

Heh, if they are coming to the NY/NJ area, SO MANY of the indy talent of the Northeast are going to show up and tryout. I can see it now.

Guest Amy Ace

WWE U.S. tryouts applications are currently being accepted. Here's the link to the form:

https://secure.wwe.com/forms/tryout/

Also heres the application deadlines:

Saturday, Dec. 17 - Daytona Beach, FL(Application cut-off date 12/2/05)

Wednesday, Dec. 28 - Pittsburgh, PA(Application cut-off date 12/16/05)

Thursday, Dec. 29 - Buffalo, NY(Application cut-off date 12/16/05)

Saturday, Feb. 18 - Nassau, NY(Application cut-off date 2/03/06)

Good luck to everyone planning on applying!