Star Wars: Episode III - ROTS..........................\/

Batman The Animated Series: Vol. 4.................\/

Bret Hart: TBTITBTWTBTEWB...........................\/

\/ = check

Guest PimpDaddySarp

Vince: "I think there's regret on both our parts."

Bret: "I stand by what I did."

Ha!

Great trailer. The opening riff of his entrance music gives me chills nowadays.

The commerical is advertising it as three discs, I thought word was WWE cut it down to 2 discs recently (ie around 6 hours total). Apparently not which is good to hear, as Bret probably got every match on there that he wanted after all.

Can't wait for this!

*does bouncy happy dance*

and two days before my birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

The trailer said 18 matches which is the amount of previously confirmed matches, so that is that. However there may be promos and stuff like that... the trailer said 10 hours, which is a blatant lie, as even WWE.com's own product description jsut says "over 7 hours". Meltz timed everything at being 6h40m (or in that area) with the 2.5 hour feature taking up Disc 1 on it's own, persumably. 6.5 hours is ually god enough for WWE.com to say "Over 7 hours", so like it nor not (and I'm on the "like" side of it), the line-up is the line-up.

Guest rawmvp

It's a 3 disc set and the running time is exactly 9 hours and 7 minutes long (647 minutes). Does it make sense to you that a 3 disc set is only 6.5 hours long, when a 2 disc set is 6 hours long?

Guest rawmvp

DrVenkman, you mistook 647 minutes for 6 hours and 47 minutes. Or, if it was in the Observer, you read it as 6:47.

Vince: "I think there's regret on both our parts."

Bret: "I stand by what I did."

That was the best part of the trailer.

Man, that set looks awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

as Bret probably got every match on there that he wanted after all.

Not quite all of them. Here's a quote from yesterday's Observer:

Due to time constraints, a lot of the matches that Hart wanted on were removed, most notably the Iron Man match with Michaels. There is fear that some will think it was Hart's choice to leave it out as a slight to Michaels, when in fact, he wanted it on and WWE needed to edit to fit time, and that match was 63:00 between match and intros (had to be longer than that since the match was over 61). There are Stampede Wrestling matches in the documentary itself, but not on the DVD as separate matches. There were a few he wanted on that were cut due to time. Also, Hart's match with the 1-2-3 Kid from Raw, which Hart really wanted on, may have been cut by the company for time reasons. Just as a trivia note. When Vince made the call to production to change the negative DVD to a positive DVD, but before Hart had sent his match requests for the DVD in, the DVD was only going to include eight matches. The focal point was going to still be the Survivor Series match with Michaels, and Hart insisted that not even be included except in highlight form. The other matches they wanted were Hart vs. Undertaker from Summer Slam (Hart nixed it because he thought the England match was better), Bret vs. Owen cage match from SummerSlam (nixed because he thought Mania and White Plains were better), Bret vs. Davey Boy from Wembley (still in), Bret vs. Piper from WrestleMania (Hart had it taken out because he thought he had better matches), Hart vs. Benoit from Toronto (Hart had it replaced by their better match in Kansas City), Hart Foundation vs. Bulldogs where Harts won the tag title (not even relaly a match because Dynamite literally couldn't walk and they did a very quick double-team and beat up on Davey - highlights air on the documentary but the match was not included and replaced by a 1985 house show match with Dynamite before his serious back injury) and Hart vs. Mr. Perfect from 1991 SummerSlam (still in). Between the documentary change, the complete overhaul of the match line-up, and the facing of deadlines, the production people worked literally 24 hours a day that last week to put it together and they deserve a ton of credit for the finished product, no matter how it turns out ... For whatever this is worth, when Hart asked Piper about his comments, because on the original piece Piper, who Hart has always been close with, was very negative. Hart wasn't really hurt by what Michaels said and Hogan, but I think it just opened his eyes to what people had always told him about Hogan. Piper did hurt. Piper told him he was just told to say bad things about him and he felt the light was on and he was just doing a promo and nothing more.

Wow, so there was going to be NO Bret-Austin match on the original dvd? That's just insane. The one thing I do agree with the original on is that Bret-Piper should have been on there. And I would still love to know what all these people (Michaels, Hogan, Piper, etc.) said in the original production.

I'm guessing they put Austin / Hart from WM in because Hart felt it was better than SSeries.

time constraints, damn they could have made it 4 or 5 disc and it still would sell well. but that might take away from other dvds I guess.

on-topic, the trailer was cool.

Guest *KNK*

I was originally not pleased by the cover but seeing the trailer, I like how it's package (exactly like Flair's and not Takers). The cover will likely grow on me. It looks very good, Yes it's a shame that they couldn't add another disc to this collection but Im not disapointed at all about this.

And I would still love to know what all these people (Michaels, Hogan, Piper, etc.) said in the original production.

They taped interviews back in August. I think with Piper, they had Steve Lombardi giving him leading questions like, "Bret Hart says he's the best of all time. Is that true?"

I believe Flair and perhaps Lawler were on that list too.

And I would still love to know what all these people (Michaels, Hogan, Piper, etc.) said in the original production.

They taped interviews back in August. I think with Piper, they had Steve Lombardi giving him leading questions like, "Bret Hart says he's the best of all time. Is that true?"

I believe Flair and perhaps Lawler were on that list too.

Yeah, I've heard that too. But I'd like to know exactly what was said by the others. We've heard this about Piper, but there is no info on what was said by Shawn, Hogan, and the rest. well there was the thing about hogan saying bret was "no longer one of the boys" after montreal.