TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

I figured since there were some fans of the show on this board, I'd thought to make a thread about it exclusively.

For anyone who saw tonight's episode, anyone think Robin will turn out to be Ted's wife in the future? Just something about how she wouldn't share with Mike but she was fine with Ted on the roof, sharing the blanket... maybe I'm reading too much into it. Any thoughts?

Guest *KNK*

I don't think they have yet to even introduce her. They need a better slot for this, I keep forgetting it's on until 8:45.

She's defintely not the mom. They've established that twice already. I mean that was the point of the pilot.

That's the fun of the show, it's waiting to find out who it is. And since the show took place 25 years ago, and the kids are 15-16, they have 10 years until they have to introduce her.

Last night's episode (I watch on Sundays) was light on laughs, but still told a good story. Barney was hilarious. I thought for sure the slutty pumpkin was the Hawaiian girl and was disappointed there was no payoff. The flashback with Ted losing the number was hilarious.

Damn, until now I didn't realize who was in Porter's avatar.

The episode comes on in about thirty minutes; until then, I'm enjoying repeated viewings of the show.

So am I the only one who LOVES the theme song? I don't know why but somehow in 10 seconds it manages to perfectly capture the theme and point of the show.

Also I call bullshit on Ted being 27. I pictured him as 23-24. But whatever, I really love the show's central theme about reaching that age where you're officially an adult and all the sad things that seem to come with it.

Since it hasn't been mentioned I'll just say that yeah, I thought Robin would turn out to be Ted's wife (I missed the premiere so I didn't know that she wasn't). However, Saget called her "Aunt Robin" in tonight's intro so yeah.

Once again, another funny episode. Njot as funny as last week's maybe, but still funny. Barney is still the comedic centerpiece to me (the "Angel and Devil" conversation I found particularly humorous).

Guest *KNK*
Since it hasn't been mentioned I'll just say that yeah, I thought Robin would turn out to be Ted's wife (I missed the premiere so I didn't know that she wasn't).  However, Saget called her "Aunt Robin" in tonight's intro so yeah.

Once again, another funny episode.  Njot as funny as last week's maybe, but still funny.  Barney is still the comedic centerpiece to me (the "Angel and Devil" conversation I found particularly humorous).

Aunt Robin. Doesn't that potentially imply Ted marries Robin's sister then?

I was thinking that Robin marries Ted's brother but then I remembered that Ted calls the other people Uncle and Aunt, so...

Does Robin just become a really good friend or does one of them marry the other sibling?

Uncle Marshall, Aunt Lily, Uncle Barney and now Aunt Robin... yeah its for his buddies. I still want Robin to turn out to be the mom.... dammit. I think Ted and Robin would look good together *shrugs*.

Robin can't be the mom though, since she doesn't have feelings for Ted. That's what I like about the show. Instead of having some long drawn out will they or won't they thing, we know they won't. Does it kill a lot of potential plot points? Yes. But I think it will make the show that much better when Ted finally meets the mom.

Uncle Marshall, Aunt Lily, Uncle Barney and now Aunt Robin... yeah its for his buddies. I still want Robin to turn out to be the mom.... dammit. I think Ted and Robin would look good together *shrugs*.

Robin can't be the mom though, since she doesn't have feelings for Ted. That's what I like about the show. Instead of having some long drawn out will they or won't they thing, we know they won't. Does it kill a lot of potential plot points? Yes. But I think it will make the show that much better when Ted finally meets the mom.

I think its great that they seem to be sticking with Robin not being the mother. Them getting together would totally jump the shark.

I have nothing else to do between watching King of Queens at 8 and Raw at 9 so I decided to just keep it on CBS and watch this. It's pretty funny but because I watched it and enjoyed it, I suspect it will be cancelled. Any show that is does good ratings these days doesn't interest me at all, and for the past several years any show I ever started to watch (without watching it in syndication first, after it suceeded) died quickly (the first time this happened is when I started to watch NewsRadio in the fourth season, if that counts... the last time was Wonderfalls). However, My Name is Earl seems to be doing well so perhaps it's safe for me to watch new TV shows without worrying about devoting myself to a show that won't exist in a season.

New episodes of "The King of Queens" (households: 7.5/11, #7; adults 18-49: 3.7, #T9), "How I Met Your Mother" (households: 7.2/11, #T8; adults 18-49: 3.7, #T9), "Two and a Half Men" (households: 10.9/16, #2; adults 18-49: 5.6, #T2), "Out of Practice" (households: 8.9/13, #4; adults 18-49: 4.5, #5) and "CSI: Miami" (households: 12.5/20, #1; adults 18-49: 6.5, #1) once again kept CBS (households: 9.9/15, #1; adults 18-49: 5.1, #T1) in the top spot on Monday.

If they keep it up the show will be fine. It's when it dips back to 5.7 or what not that CBS will talk about cancelation.

Guest *KNK*
New episodes of "The King of Queens" (households: 7.5/11, #7; adults 18-49: 3.7, #T9), "How I Met Your Mother" (households: 7.2/11, #T8; adults 18-49: 3.7, #T9), "Two and a Half Men" (households: 10.9/16, #2; adults 18-49: 5.6, #T2), "Out of Practice" (households: 8.9/13, #4; adults 18-49: 4.5, #5) and "CSI: Miami" (households: 12.5/20, #1; adults 18-49: 6.5, #1) once again kept CBS (households: 9.9/15, #1; adults 18-49: 5.1, #T1) in the top spot on Monday.

If they keep it up the show will be fine. It's when it dips back to 5.7 or what not that CBS will talk about cancelation.

Already been picked up for the rest of the season. Speaking of which, how long has KOQ been on and how/why did CBS drag it out of Wednesday hell and back to it's original slot? I stopped watching the show after season 2 but have they even done the "baby" plot yet? For a show about a married couple, thats been on the air for at least 5 seasons I'm shocked they haven't gone that route but maybe they did. I don't know.

I'm still mad they canceled Becker.

Guest *KNK*
She had a miscarriage.

What says comedy like miscarriage. Kudos for not going the conventional route and either not addressing it or doing it for a season and letting the baby disappear saying "she's staying with grandma right now".

Neil Patrick Harris should get a Supporting Actor Emmy nomination for Barney and he'll probably have a shot to win since there's no show like Everybody Loves Raymond for the academy to suck off.

I had a thought that Lily marries Ted, but probably not. I agree that the mother won't be introduced until late in the season.

And yeah, Cobie Smulders is smokin' hot. Would you believe that Hannigan is 31?

<Finds a seat on the Cobie Smulders bandwagon>

I absolutely love this show. Barney keeps getting better every week. I thought that character was too gimmicky in the pilot, but they've found a good balance. I think the Philadelphia airport episode was the turning point for him.

Sucks that this coming Monday is a repeat, tho. Guess it'll give my friends a chance to watch the pilot and get on board.

Would you believe that Hannigan is 31?

I hate to go into Buffy/Angel mode but Charisma Carpenter is pushing 40.

She's only 35, maybe to you young whipper-snappers that's old, but to someone already in their 30s, pushing 40 means 38 or 39.

Also, I'd hate to think this guys was decades in the future boring his kids with stores of what happened for months to years before he actually met their mother.

How I Met Your Mother in November-

(nothing really spoiled, just basic plots)

Monday, Nov. 7 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER -- Ted (Josh Radnor) and Barney's (Neil Patrick Harris) search for love send them to one of New York's top matchmakers. Camryn Manheim ("The Practice") guest stars.

Monday, Nov. 14 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER -- Ted (Josh Radnor) and Marshall (Jason Segel) try to settle the battle over who will get to keep their apartment like "mature" men -- with a good old-fashioned sword fight.

Monday, Nov. 21 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER -- When Ted (Josh Radnor) and Robin (Cobie Smulders) give thanks by volunteering at a homeless shelter on Thanksgiving Day, they are shocked to run into Barney (Neil Patrick Harris). Meanwhile, Marshall (Jason Segel) and Lily (Alyson Hannigan) pay a holiday visit to Marshall's family in Minnesota.