TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

Well, Smulders IS Canadian herself, so why beat around the bush?

They should have faded out for a bit after Ted meets the stripper; would have made the last joke that much better.

I thought she looked familiar.

Yeah, very good episode, but I liked the night club and Thanksgiving episodes a bit more.

Can someone give me a brief rundown on last night's episode because I missed it. It seemed like they were teasing the Ted and Robin relationship again in the previews.

Can someone give me a brief rundown on last night's episode because I missed it. It seemed like they were teasing the Ted and Robin relationship again in the previews.

Ted was hell-bent on having the greatest New Year's Eve ever, so he spends half his Christmas bonus on a limo (and in a cool call-back to earlier in the season, the driver is the cabbie from the pilot). Ted and Robin make a comment about how they'll have somebody to kiss at midnight.

The group has like 5 parties to go to. Robin ditches out early because she's supposed to be meeting her boyfriend. Ted brings a girl from his office.

Barney picks up a drunk Russian chick at the first party, but the rest of the group doesn't like her, so she gets ditched between parties.

Robin gets stood up by boyfriend, so she rejoins the group. Ted's date ends up leaving because she senses what's going on with Ted and Robin.

Group gets separated at various times for various reasons, there's a brief interlude with a crazy Moby lookalike (who steals Barney's favorite mix CD).

Just when it seems like everything is coming unraveled, everything magically falls into place about 10 minutes before midnight. Group tries to floor it to party No. 5, but gets caught in traffic.

They start to count down to midnight, when out of nowhere, Robin's boyfriend arrives. Ted is seriously disappointed, so he gets out and starts to walk down the street by himself. Robin tracks him down, and when Ted tells her to go back and spend the time with her boyfriend, she says "He can wait," then adds that they had a pact earlier.

They kiss, she walks back to the limo and Ted keeps walking down the street with a huge grin on his face. As he walks off screen, you see a crosswalk sign go from 'don't walk' to 'walk' (symbolism~). And that's that.

Kind of a helter-skelter episode with a ridiculous 'everything falls into place all at once' moment, but they're clearly trying to build to something and this was a step in that direction.

I did like how at the end of the episode they Ted mentioned that 2006 was a momentous year or something like that. Seems like they're setting us up for a cool last half of the season.

Well, she's in the next three episodes according to IMDB, so we'll find out eventually. The daughter kind of looks like her, though.