TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

I don't know if I like this "Victoria" character, to tell you the truth. I'm not sure if she'll mesh well with the rest of the group.

The constant delays is because CBS originally ordered just 13 episodes for this series and, about a couple months ago, ordered a full season, so they have to go and shoot those now. According to IMDB, tonight's was the 13th episode of the season.

Given the math, they have about 8 seasons until he has to meet her.

Of course, when he's telling his kids the story, aren't they going to figure out that it's her?

I really think that the premise for the show is silly. The big reveal ends the show because the whole drawing point is the story of how he met their mother, not how they built a life together, had kids blah blah blah. How many dozens of false finishes can you have before it gets redundant and boring?

I think I would like the show a lot more if Robin and Ted didn't have the combined likability of day old bread. Everyone else on the show is cool, but the two main leads just suck the life out of me. The only reason I watch is that there's nothing else on at 8:30 that I wouldn't be joining midway through after watching the King of Queens.

I'm glad Marshall and Lily were as nauseated at Ted and Victoria as I was. I just can't stand the Victoria character at all. Thankfully, it was kept to a relative minimum.

"We would have had sex three times by now."

"Tsh, try five."

*High five*

The Barney-Robin stuff was great. Ted-Lily was funny until Lily had to pee, then it just became stupid.

I'm always amazed how much they can cram into 22 minutes

I really thought that was a strange way to write that episode. Ted hooking up with Victoria would be a big deal, you'd think, yet somehow it was made into the third storyline.

Also, does anybody know how HIMYM has been doing ratings-wise? I was concerned that the constant reruns in the last month or so would kill the show's momentum. Makes me appreciate the non-stop schedule of 24 that much more.

I found the overnight ratings for Monday, and it held almost all of the lead-in audience from King of Queens. It's doing decently for a new show.

Interestingly enough, looking at last week's ratings, it did about as well this week as last (which was a rerun).

After tonight's episode, I have to say that Barney is in my top 2 or 3 favorite TV characters on at the moment. Come to think of it, I can't think of anyone more entertaining right off the top of my head. Classic Barney tonight, and we got to see how he transformed from hippiedom to "suit up!"

At the end of last night's episode, my wife is convinced that Barney is the one who bought the new doormat for Robin. Great episode overall.

At the end of last night's episode, my wife is convinced that Barney is the one who bought the new doormat for Robin. Great episode overall.

I got that vibe as well. Ted was in his apartment and saw the fake vomit on his doormat. It just seems impossible for Ted to go get the mat for Robin then go back to his apartment. So yeah Barney did it. Oh, and I agree with KingPK, I am not digging Victoria all that much. She's nice and all but she's not exactly... someone I can picture with Ted long-term.

The plot of next week's episode sounds like they write her out.

I didn't like last night's episode, as they once again tried to cram way too much into 22 minutes.

Monday, March 6, 8:30PM ET/PT

"Cupcake"

When Victoria is offered a fellowship at a culinary institute in Germany, she and Ted are faced with some tough relationship decisions. Rating: TBA

Bye Victoria

I expect that Victoria is still part of the long-term plan a show like this has to have. My guess is that she'll go to Germany and be gone for all of next season, then show up at Ted's door at the end of the 2nd season finale.

Robin obviously isn't the mom, that would make no sense.

Victoria isn't the mom either. If her pilot gets picked up, then they're really fucked.

I didn't know she was looking at a pilot. That does change things. If it gets picked up, then I say she comes back for a few guest appearances before breaking it off with Ted in a permanent way.

So I think the Mom is either Victoria or someone we haven't met yet, depending on if she can be a regular character.

As far as getting cancelled, my guess is that they have an "emergency out", a show that is written as far as outline form that introduces a woman, closes some plot holes and fades out with "And that, kids, is how I met your mother."

My confusion about this show is, why did Ted start telling the story in 2005? If he ends up not meeting their mother until later in the show's run...what was the point in spending time talking about two years that didn't directly connect with the meeting of the mom.

Maybe i am influenced by years of watching wrestling, but im waiting for the pointless swerve.

Because part of the show's theme is about growing up and how Ted is able to advance from single life to finding the totally perfect woman.

Also, 2005 was the year he realised he wanted to find that woman because of Ted and Lilly's engagement.

If the show were to get cancelled prematurely, the mom should never be revealed. I think they should go the Friends route and do a season long arc of Robin and Ted.

Robin obviously isn't the mom, that would make no sense.

Victoria isn't the mom either. If her pilot gets picked up, then they're really fucked.

Exactly. So that's why they better not get cancelled so that they can properly build to AND reveal the mother in due time.

I don't think the show gets renewed beyond season 2. As I said before, the whole premise is that once the mother's revealed the show's main selling point is over, so at least make the payoff a worthy one. I still think Barney & Robin end up together, and to me that's infinitely more interesting than dull as dishwater Ted's love life.

Bob, I seriously doubt they will do the show that long. They'd probably skip over some periods of time in his life in between.

Oh I know, but I don't think they'll reveal the mother for a while.

Being on CBS is a blessing and a curse b/c while a lot of people watch the show, it also has high expectations from the network. King of Queens ending soon is a plus though, as it leaves a slot open.