TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
USC Wuz Robbed!

How I Met Your Mother

So, seven episodes to undo the Marshall and Lily breakup. Fewer than I expected, frankly.

Now the writers can get busy breaking up Ted and Robin. Although, judging by the second half of last season, that's not something I'm really sure I want to see.

I'd settle for ANY type of development between those two. Other than the episode where Ted shows Robin his building design plan at his office at the end, those two have been pretty much ignored all year. And that's kinda strange, considering he's supposed to be the main character.

This is kinda turning into "How Marshall and Lily Took Five Years to Finally Get Married"

I'm not complaining really; I'm guessing they get married for real at the end of the season and either Ted proposes to Robin and she refuses (since she's still unsure about marriage) or we get a cliffhanger.

This is kinda turning into "How Marshall and Lily Took Five Years to Finally Get Married"

I'm not complaining really; I'm guessing they get married for real at the end of the season and either Ted proposes to Robin and she refuses (since she's still unsure about marriage) or we get a cliffhanger.

Funny how naiwf came in to say the show "jumped the shark".

Then, I come in to follow and agree with 2 posts that say the show was great. One of the best so far this season (I'd say the best but I loved the one where Lily stayed with Barney).

EDIT: http://www.myspace.com/robinsparkles

Nice...she even has Tiffany as a friend

I'm going to enjoy Marshall slapping Barney at random points for the rest of the series with him saying "That's two/three/four/five."

That video has all the stupid 80s dancing you can handle....even though Canada didn't reach the 80s until 1993.

I'm going to enjoy Marshall slapping Barney at random points for the rest of the series with him saying "That's two/three/four/five."

Absolutely. And I'll be stunned if No. 5 is used up before the series finale.

Wow, they actually gave Barney some emotional depth. Didn't expect that.

It also looks like they are going ahead with the Ted/Robin breakup at the end of this season if the ending this week is any indication.

It also looks like they are going ahead with the Ted/Robin breakup at the end of this season if the ending this week is any indication.

How did you gather that? The line about how Ted said "I" when asked to split a cab instead of "we"? Other than that, it looked like they were still together. And as for Marshall calling Lily "the wife," I couldn't see her hand, but I saw his, and it definitely didn't have a wedding ring on it.

How did you gather that? The line about how Ted said "I" when asked to split a cab instead of "we"? Other than that, it looked like they were still together. And as for Marshall calling Lily "the wife," I couldn't see her hand, but I saw his, and it definitely didn't have a wedding ring on it.

Remember earlier in the episode where they pointed out the difference between singles and couples at a party? How singles have more energy and couples just try and find a good place to sit? Did Ted and Robin want to go home with the tired couple? They break up, but it is amicable and they stay friends.

I hope that Wayne Brady wasn't a one shot deal, but I doubt it unless they do another episode about his wedding.

Edited by KingPK

Remember earlier in the episode where they pointed out the difference between singles and couples at a party? How singles have more energy and couples just try and find a good place to sit? Did Ted and Robin want to go home with the tired couple? They break up, but it is amicable and they stay friends.

I hope that Wayne Brady wasn't a one shot deal, but I doubt it unless they do another episode about his wedding.

Good catch.

I'm still curious to see how the thing with Marshall and Lily plays out. If they have enough attention to detail to do what you just outlined with Ted and Robin, then they should have had Marshall and Lily wearing wedding rings unless it was actually a red herring.

Their wedding is probably next season, but Marshall keeps calling her "the wife" in a kind of joking manner to be cute.

I'm probably looking WAY too far into it, but they did that last scene at the wedding for a reason.

Edited by KingPK

I like how the show does flash forward into the future to set things up for later. Remember, Season 3 = Ted's birthday goat story.

Yeah, the long-term planning makes for much better storytelling. It's nice that they actually seem to have a plan in place.

Dirty Dancing.

I actually thought it was a pretty decent episode. Father Ted trying to spin Robin's sister's predicament into a lesson for his own kids was pretty good.

I like how they seem to be handling both relationship arcs well, not focusing on one too much and switching off when they think the audience is sick of constant stories about just one.