TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Future WWE Main Eventers

Who do you think will be making the leap to WWE Main Eventers at some point in their careers? Not the guys like Edge, who are already in the Upper Midcard, but a few longer shots.

My picks:

1) Samoa Joe.

At some point Vince is going to raid TNA, and Joe is the one person I can see getting into the Main Event scene, if only for a little while. He's got a good look, gets over well and would do well in WWE. Of all the TNA guys, he's the one who would possibly do better in WWE than TNA and I can see Vince stealing him and giving him a push to make TNA look bad (a la Jericho/Radicals)

2) Ken Doane

He's a great hot prospect from OVW. He's been aping Randy Orton for a while, using the RKO as his finisher. He's got a good look, can work a decent match and is still only a teenager. Give him annother year in OVW, then expect to see him pushed to the ME scene.

3) Johnny Nitro.

Okay, bit more of a long shot. But he's got a great look, and that matters a lot in WWE. He looks like a star, plays a cocky heel well and is getting better in the ring at a good rate. Once MNM break up, expect him to be the Edge of the group. I could see him being a credible World champion in a few years time.

Thoughts?

Sooner

1. Carlito

2. Rey Mysterio

3. Rob Van Dam

Later

1. Johnny Nitro

2. Ken Kennedy

3. Bobby Lashley

Guest Amy Ace
Sooner

1. Carlito

2. Rey Mysterio

3. Rob Van Dam

Later

1. Johnny Nitro

2. Ken Kennedy

3. Bobby Lashley

The day RVD is signifcantly pushed as a main eventer or a real championship contender in the WWE, is the day hell freezes over.

The day RVD is signifcantly pushed as a main eventer or a real championship contender in the WWE, is the day hell freezes over.

Hell already froze over when The Eagles got back together, but get ready for it to happen again in the next year or two.

1) Samoa Joe.

At some point Vince is going to raid TNA, and Joe is the one person I can see getting into the Main Event scene, if only for a little while. He's got a good look,

Not according to WWE he doesn't.

I don't see WWE ever giving a shit about Joe unless he loses weight or gets insanely over in TNA, if TNA has a mass audience at that point.

I actually was about to say "Joe has a good look?" The dude might be a great wrestler but he looks like a sorta fat, out of shape Samoan.

Long term:

1. Ken Kennedy

2. Bobby Lashley

3. Ken Doane

Those are the guys who have debuted recently or haven't debuted yet that can get over.

As far as RVD goes, maybe I'm just being optimistic but I think he will get maybe 1 decent push or run on top. After all, if they are doing another ECW One Night Stand PPV then he will most certainly main event that. Besides he'll be coming off an injury and will be super over when he returns. If there was ever a time to push him, this would be it.

Being out of shape (although he's not) never stopped the WWE from pushing a Samoan.

1. Ken Kennedy (No, I won't repeat his last name)

2. CM Punk

3. Bobby Lashley

Being out of shape (although he's not) never stopped the WWE from pushing a Samoan.

So Joe'll be wiping his ass in other guy's faces? Or pretending he's Japanese? Or teaming with another Somoan as a primitive barefoot savage?

Guest Fishyswa

HBK

Hogan

HHH

I can see all of them main eventing in the future.

Guys who haven't...

Kennedy

Viscera(I still see them pushing him up eventually)

Dupree(I think if something remotely works with him they'll run with it to death)

1. HHH

2. Vince McMahon

3. Whosever asshole 1 & 2 have their hands up at the time.

Honestly, this IS what the fans want and we at the WWE listen to our fans.

The frightening thing is that this is probably the most accurate prediction

- Rob Conway: Great look, can get over with the crowd, and a decent worker. WWE seems to be pushing him right now in a way similar to Randy Orton last year, having him beat up on "legends."

- Mr. Kennedy: It's so obvious they love him right now. When Vince McMahon states your name in an interview, it's probably a pretty good sign. Again, great look, ok worker (with an awesome, devastating looking finisher), and obviously good enough on the mike.

- John Heidenreich: They've stuck with him for this long, I don't think they're abandoning him now after a couple character tweaks like they've done. He's a current tag team champion, and I could see him being a surprise World Champion at some point, kind of like what happened with Big Show a few years back in that Fatal Fourway match. Yeah, he's a pretty crappy worker, but the crowds seem to dig him, and he has a great big man look that WWE probably has a hard-on for. Plus, he can do ok in comedy skits and things, which is something Vince seems to value a lot.

I would say Bobby Lashley, but it just seems like he's the kind of guy who will get over on his own, and then WWE will cut his legs out from underneath for petty internal reasons.

- John Heidenreich: They've stuck with him for this long, I don't think they're abandoning him now after a couple character tweaks like they've done. He's a current tag team champion, and I could see him being a surprise World Champion at some point, kind of like what happened with Big Show a few years back in that Fatal Fourway match. Yeah, he's a pretty crappy worker, but the crowds seem to dig him, and he has a great big man look that WWE probably has a hard-on for. Plus, he can do ok in comedy skits and things, which is something Vince seems to value a lot.

Not. A. Chance.

Guest Coffey
1: Ken Kennedy

2: CM Punk

3: Paul Burchill

Those are a good three but I still can't see Punk making it on a National level with his look. Kennedy could grow stale REAL quick too if WWE don't have him start doing something more saying his name twice. He needs vignettes and shit of him doing other stuff. Burchill's got a lot of talent, I can see him going far. Got a good look too.

I'll say

1. Paul Burchill

2. Ken Kennedy

3. Rob Conway

Lashley ain't gonna make it. He's gonna be the shits in the ring. He's not the next Brock Lesnar.

So Joe'll be wiping his ass in other guy's faces? Or pretending he's Japanese? Or teaming with another Somoan as a primitive barefoot savage?

lofnl

Or dressing up in traditional arabic dress and pretending to be a sheik?

It's also one of the reasons Joe didn't want to sign with WWE. They had a vision for him (probrably eating raw fish and wrestling barefoot) and he wanted to be himself. He also didn't want to compromise the style he works because they would tell him he's too dangerous and they wouldn't let him work Japan or Indy shots.

I meant more that he has an individual look, a la Foley.

And let us not forget Rikishi had a main event run.

Yes, but those guys are the exception and not the rule. For every Foley and Rikishi, there are a ton of other guys who they made out to be clowns. Hell, Rikishi didn't even have a very long run on top, although to be fair it was doomed from the start because it made zero sense for him to be the hit and run guy for SCSA.

As for Kennedy, he needs to have an actual feud to see how he does. At the moment he's a bit directionless.

True

He was gold with Puder. He'd probably be a great match with Lashley. Kennedy antagonising, Lashley backing him up. Lashley doing it in the ring, Kennedy on the mike.