TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Future WWE Main Eventers

Lashley needs a mouthpiece for him because when he starts talking more than 3 sentences, you start to notice he sounds like a gay male.

Personally, I want a reunion of Kennedy, the Tolands, and Jillian Hall sans the mole. They were gold in OVW. Problem is, again, since creative doesn't actually watch the shows, they probrably aren't going to let Chad and Tank be Chad and Tank. Just like they won't let MNM be MNM or the Heart Throbs be what they were in OVW.

Guest Amy Ace

I doubt Punk will ever make it anywhere judging for the opinions HBK and HHH have expressed about him. In all reality the only two people who will ever make it to the top and remain there again, in the future, are 1. HHH and 2. HHH & Stephanie's kid.

Who`ll be a future main eventer? I`m not really sure but it has got to be a guy Mr. Stephanie Mcmahon likes.

I`ll go with those suggestions:

1. Ken Kennedy

2. Bobby Lashley

3. Chris Masters

I think Masters has a better chance than Punk. I just don't see Punk really doing anything in the "E" environment.

1) Ken Doane

2) Ken Kennedy (not a stretch since he's almost there and it is Smackdown)

3) Harry Smith

Lasheley isn't going to make it because 1) He's African American and 2) He can't talk worth a lick.

I'm not very high on their being guys in OVW right now that WWE will push to main event level for various reasons. There are guys that project out to future main eventers skillwise but they're not big enough for WWE to push. Guys like Punk, Albright, and Jeter could have a great feud over the IC/US belt and move up to main event level eventually but there's no roster space.

There's also a glut of guys at the top who aren't going anywhere.

I`ll go with those suggestions:

1. Ken Kennedy

2. Bobby Lashley

3. Chris Masters

What he says. On current form, these are the three they clearly have big plans for and are testing the water with. And they've got the good ol' "main event look".

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
It should be a rule that if a poster is saying anything about Kennedy it needs to be spelled out Ken "Fap fap fap fap fap" Kennedy.

Yeah, heaven forbid people are entertained by a guy that is entertaining.

Carlito....will be pushed and he will sell merchandise. Eventually turns Face but he won't cut it as a Main Eventer because he's skinny and he can't wrestle a lick. I just see him being a Upper Midcarder.

Masters is the next HHH, watch out. And Ken Kennedy will be World Champ next year, mark my words

words!

1. Ron "The Truth" Killings

I have a feeling that WWE will EVENTUALLY get a good booking/writing team together, and when his contract is up in TNA? Wouldn't surprise me if he was offered a spot on the WWE roster. Guy has charisma, is VERY carryable in the ring, and, unlike our current WWE Champion, actually CAN rap, so there's a part of his gimmick right there, possibly. Oh, wait, I forgot...he's black. Pfft...he'll never main event in the E.

2. Johnny Nitro

I've marked for him since TE3. Hell...everybody on TE3 that lasted until the last episode I marked hard for. They all actually WANTED to be wrestlers, and you could tell. Great look, good charisma, getting better in the ring, and HOMEGROWN.

3. Bobby Lashley

Not based on talent, of course. Based solely on the fact that he's huge.

Carlito....will be pushed and he will sell merchandise. Eventually turns Face but he won't cut it as a Main Eventer because he's skinny and he can't wrestle a lick. I just see him being a Upper Midcarder.

Masters is the next HHH, watch out. And Ken Kennedy will be World Champ next year, mark my words

words!

My only problem with Masters is his mic skills - JBL was exactly right when he said that he sounds like he's got marbles in his mouth. He just sucks on the mic, period. Aside from that, he's not too offensive in the ring and should continue to improve there. I just can't deal with the Masterlock as a finisher long-term, for some reason. I think back to things like the Hercules/Billy Jack Haynes feud when I see him do it, and it just screams mid-card for some odd reason.

Guest Zarock

Who I'd Want-

RAW

1. Carlito- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. Let me explain- right now Carlito is getting good reactions, has a good character, and a generally good image (at the very least, he doesn't look like the millions and millions of wrestlers with short hair and roided physique). I could see him getting over huge as either a heel or a face (which would bring about a vast improvement in his in-ring ability, count on it).

2. Shelton Benjamin- Right now, he could theoretically get to ME status by giving him a mouth-piece (CARLITO CARLITO CARLITO), or a "coach" to fit his athlete gimmick. Like say, after Taboo Tuesday Ric Flair loses to HHH, Ric Flair comes out and says that he can accept the fact that HHH beat him at his age, and that he (Flair) probably won't be able to beat him at his age. He then goes on to say that that being the case, he's knows a guy who can. Cue Titantron: "AIN'T NO STOPPING ME, NUUUUUUHOH". In my booking, HHH puts over Benjamin. Because I'm booking it, I'd have Angle beat Cena for the title at a PPV, and then come out to congratulate him. Angle offers Benjamin the chance to be basically his lackey, to which Shelton declines. Set-up for the ME feud.

3. CM Punk- If he's introduced as a heel from the get-go, I could see his Straight-Edge gimmick catching on in the same way Cena's Being a Big Fat Douche Bag gimmick did.

Smackdown

1. Paul Birchall-Will not main event because of the sheer power of THE ROAD WARRIORS WHAT A RUSH AWW YEAH!!!

2. Christian- If allowed to, you know, get over, then there's really nothing stopping him from being a way-popular face/heel.

3. Brian Kendrick- Same as Christian, basically. Not sure how good his mic skills are, seeing as how I was still not watching wrestling in 2003.

Who I'd Want-

RAW

1. Carlito- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.  Let me explain- right now Carlito is getting good reactions, has a good character, and a generally good image (at the very least, he doesn't look like the millions and millions of wrestlers with short hair and roided physique).  I could see him getting over huge as either a heel or a face (which would bring about a vast improvement in his in-ring ability, count on it).

2. Shelton Benjamin- Right now, he could theoretically get to ME status by giving him a mouth-piece (CARLITO CARLITO CARLITO), or a "coach" to fit his athlete gimmick.  Like say, after Taboo Tuesday Ric Flair loses to HHH, Ric Flair comes out and says that he can accept the fact that HHH beat him at his age, and that he (Flair) probably won't be able to beat him at his age.  He then goes on to say that that being the case, he's knows a guy who can.  Cue Titantron: "AIN'T NO STOPPING ME, NUUUUUUHOH".  In my booking, HHH puts over Benjamin.  Because I'm booking it, I'd have Angle beat Cena for the title at a PPV, and then come out to congratulate him.  Angle offers Benjamin the chance to be basically his lackey, to which Shelton declines.  Set-up for the ME feud.

3.  CM Punk- If he's introduced as a heel from the get-go, I could see his Straight-Edge gimmick catching on in the same way Cena's Being a Big Fat Douche Bag gimmick did.

Smackdown

1. Paul Birchall-Will not main event because of the sheer power of THE ROAD WARRIORS WHAT A RUSH AWW YEAH!!!

2. Christian- If allowed to, you know, get over, then there's really nothing stopping him from being a way-popular face/heel.

3. Brian Kendrick- Same as Christian, basically.  Not sure how good his mic skills are, seeing as how I was still not watching wrestling in 2003.

You'd think that the fairly large push Carlito has recieved so far would be a motivator for him not to suck complete cock in the ring but that hasn't changed yet and I have no reason to believe a bigger push in the future would bring about said change.

Dupree

Misterio

Masters

Guest Zarock
Who I'd Want-

RAW

1. Carlito- SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.  Let me explain- right now Carlito is getting good reactions, has a good character, and a generally good image (at the very least, he doesn't look like the millions and millions of wrestlers with short hair and roided physique).  I could see him getting over huge as either a heel or a face (which would bring about a vast improvement in his in-ring ability, count on it).

2. Shelton Benjamin- Right now, he could theoretically get to ME status by giving him a mouth-piece (CARLITO CARLITO CARLITO), or a "coach" to fit his athlete gimmick.  Like say, after Taboo Tuesday Ric Flair loses to HHH, Ric Flair comes out and says that he can accept the fact that HHH beat him at his age, and that he (Flair) probably won't be able to beat him at his age.  He then goes on to say that that being the case, he's knows a guy who can.  Cue Titantron: "AIN'T NO STOPPING ME, NUUUUUUHOH".  In my booking, HHH puts over Benjamin.  Because I'm booking it, I'd have Angle beat Cena for the title at a PPV, and then come out to congratulate him.  Angle offers Benjamin the chance to be basically his lackey, to which Shelton declines.  Set-up for the ME feud.

3.  CM Punk- If he's introduced as a heel from the get-go, I could see his Straight-Edge gimmick catching on in the same way Cena's Being a Big Fat Douche Bag gimmick did.

Smackdown

3. Brian Kendrick- Same as Christian, basically.  Not sure how good his mic skills are, seeing as how I was still not watching wrestling in 2003.

You'd think that the fairly large push Carlito has recieved so far would be a motivator for him not to suck complete cock in the ring but that hasn't changed yet and I have no reason to believe a bigger push in the future would bring about said change.

Actually, what I meant to say was that being a face would have him show more of his in-ring ability (which I truly believe he's holding back because he's booked as a sneaky heel), not the ME push.

- John Heidenreich: They've stuck with him for this long, I don't think they're abandoning him now after a couple character tweaks like they've done. He's a current tag team champion, and I could see him being a surprise World Champion at some point, kind of like what happened with Big Show a few years back in that Fatal Fourway match. Yeah, he's a pretty crappy worker, but the crowds seem to dig him, and he has a great big man look that WWE probably has a hard-on for. Plus, he can do ok in comedy skits and things, which is something Vince seems to value a lot.

Not. A. Chance.

Why not? Again, this thread isn't about who you'd _like_ to see pushed to a main event spot, but who you think will be. Given my reasons above, I think Heidenreich isn't a bad guess (as that's all we're really doing here, unless someone here knows Vince McMahon personally and isn't letting on).

- John Heidenreich: They've stuck with him for this long, I don't think they're abandoning him now after a couple character tweaks like they've done. He's a current tag team champion, and I could see him being a surprise World Champion at some point, kind of like what happened with Big Show a few years back in that Fatal Fourway match. Yeah, he's a pretty crappy worker, but the crowds seem to dig him, and he has a great big man look that WWE probably has a hard-on for. Plus, he can do ok in comedy skits and things, which is something Vince seems to value a lot.

Not. A. Chance.

Why not? Again, this thread isn't about who you'd _like_ to see pushed to a main event spot, but who you think will be. Given my reasons above, I think Heidenreich isn't a bad guess (as that's all we're really doing here, unless someone here knows Vince McMahon personally and isn't letting on).

Unless he gets a killer gimmick, I don't see Heidenreich doing anything. The fans are into the LOD stuff, but they're not into him. He's not that good on the mike or in the ring, he's not amazingly muscular or unique, and I can't see anything he can do to make up for those things. There are already half a dozen hosses above him in the pecking order, never mind over the course of time.

Ok I admit it. I know Vince. He intends to push:

1. Himself

2. His Family

3. Triple H

You're about the fifth person to make this joke or something similar to it.