TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Future WWE Main Eventers

the hopeful Shelton fan in me hopes that they're just giving him something to do until something big time pops up, waiting for that right moment a la Cena, Batista and Orton...I know I'm dreaming, but hey...

Poor Shelton...

The only way Shelton gets to the top is if he agrees to dye himself white.

Close enuff

I'll look into about 3-5 years from now and say Davey Richards will be among those rising stars of WWE or Charlie Haas' replacement.

Really? Why do you think that?

Just a hunch. No less likely then Heidenreich being a mega-star like people were calling 18 months ago.

Main Eventer: CM Punk (on Raw or Smackdown)

Upper-midcard: Colt Cabana (fighting for the ECW Title)

the guy who cant break through to the next level: Miz

1. CM Punk- As long as he stays on the same track he's on now, he'll be main eventing Wrestlemania soon enough..and by soon enough I mean in 4 years.

2. John Morrison- I got a feeling Morrison impressed a lot of people after he was hot shotted into the ECW title picture and had a great entertaining program with CM Punk. If he improves even more within a few years, he'll be a top heel.

3. MVP- MVP has been great, I'd be shocked if he's not main eventing pay per views in two years time.

That big Russian dude

Armish Roadkill

Probably to be pushed as monster heels that CM Punk* can overcome.

*John Cena

Current midcarders - CM Punk and MVP are pretty much locks in my opinion. I would be wary of a switch to Raw for either of them, especially MVP at this time as he'd either be fed to Cena or HHH.

Underpushed longshot - Santino Marella and Kenny Dykstra. I think Santino is a prime candidate to be drafted to SD! come the summer, where he's be pushed on his wrestling ability and made into more of a legit threat. I worry that Raw might want to keep him for his sports entertainment value though, however he's no use to HHH and Cena as a bumbling heel. Send him to SD! for a year or two and he could come back a threat and main event player. Kenny Dykstra has all the tools, he just needs the necessary push.

Developmental - Ted Dibiase Jr. I think he has the best shot out of any of the legacy developmentals. I wasn't impressed by DH Smith, especially considering he's the same age as Kenny Dkystra. Furthermore I think his Hart Connection will put too much pressure on him. For that same reason I think Reid Flair is doomed to failure, and Cody Rhodes will never amount to anything. Dibiase Jr, like Randy Orton, grew up oin and around the business, however given Million Dollar Man was never an "it" wrestler, Ted Jr will have an easier time establishing hiumself. Recently signed Apolo is going to get a big push due to the need for spanish speaking stars and the wwe's desire to expand business in Latin America.

Current unsigned talent - WWE will go hard after Samoa Joe, and has a good shot at getting him. However that pick might be too easy. I'll go with Claudio Castagnoli or Tyler Black.

Developmental - Ted Dibiase Jr. I think he has the best shot out of any of the legacy developmentals. I wasn't impressed by DH Smith, especially considering he's the same age as Kenny Dkystra. Furthermore I think his Hart Connection will put too much pressure on him. For that same reason I think Reid Flair is doomed to failure, and Cody Rhodes will never amount to anything. Dibiase Jr, like Randy Orton, grew up oin and around the business, however given Million Dollar Man was never an "it" wrestler, Ted Jr will have an easier time establishing hiumself. Recently signed Apolo is going to get a big push due to the need for spanish speaking stars and the wwe's desire to expand business in Latin America.

How excatly? Smith is Davey Boy's son. Sure Bret Hart is his uncle but at the same time, WWE will focus more on him being Davey Boy's son more than anything else.

Because he is being pushed as a "Hart" legacy. I'd much rather see him teaming with TJ Wilson as a New Bulldogs type of team but calling him DH (Davey Boy - Hart) to make sure everybody knows his connection is dooming him to failure.

I'll look into about 3-5 years from now and say Davey Richards will be among those rising stars of WWE or Charlie Haas' replacement.

Davey Richards is 5' 6". The only guys anywhere near that height with ME success are Eddie (5' 8", roided til it killed him, and charisma dripping out of his pores (well, that and nandrolone)), and Rey Mysterio, who got where he did because of one guy dying, and had every Hispanic rooting for him by default.

Not a chance.

Davey Richards is 5' 6". The only guys anywhere near that height with ME success are Eddie (5' 8", roided til it killed him, and charisma dripping out of his pores (well, that and nandrolone)), and Rey Mysterio, who got where he did because of one guy dying, and had every Hispanic rooting for him by default.

Not a chance.

Not to mention Rey is also juiced like crazy (which may or may not kill him eventually as well). Plus Richards seems to remind me of another wrestler that I'm not sure the WWE will acknowledge.

That big Russian dude

Armish Roadkill

Probably to be pushed as monster heels that CM Punk* can overcome.

*John Cena

Why do I have a feeling we'll eventually see a "Rocky/Drago" storyline between John Cena and Vladamir Koslov?

Amish Roadkill could get over on his own if WWE would use him and let him do just SOME of his old ECW stuff. Its not often you see a guy weighing 350+ that can do springboards.

Teddy Hart could've been huge if he had pulled his head out of his ass.

I think Santino Marella can also eventually become something bigger (upper-mid card if not main-eventer) than his goofy-heel character. Theres some videos on youtube of him in OVW, throwing guys around similar to the way ECW-Taz did.

Roadkill's still around? I wouldn't have been surprised to see him on a list like this 5-6 years ago, but now?

He's in OVW under a name that I can't remember. I think his gimmick is he'll give his opponent money if they can beat him or something.

Elijah Burke and MVP are obvious answers, but I say Snitsky, though he is really a main eventer already. The fans totally buy him in the role. Don't believe me? Just ask the chairman of the WWE.

1. Eddie Edwards. Kid's got a great look, is a solid worker, and has the best years of his career ahead of him. I could see him being like a Jericho if TNA were to last another few years: get a lot of international work done via NOAH, being a decent-sized name in some of the bigger US indies (PWG and RoH specifically, since he's already a draw in the New England indies), then working for TNA and being popular but not really breaking the glass ceiling. He'll come to WWE in the next 6-8 years, and achieve a lot of upper-card success before having a short run in the main event.

2. Randy Orton. Hear me out! I could see him falling back down the card, possibly even being released, due to attitude and/or Wellness problems, and then hit the international scene to try to gain some fame back after Hollywood attempts fail. He gets better in the ring, more natural on the mic, and then signs a new deal with WWE, comes back to an immediate push, and this time it clicks instantly.

3. Ron "The Truth" Killings. He's proven in TNA that when he's given a reason to actually work, he can WORK. He's incredibly charismatic, has a great look, CAN ACTUALLY RAP (thus a reason why he could feud with Cena), and has enough flash and in-ring charisma where he can cover up his technical deficiencies. That...and he hates TNA. If even for just the reason that WWE could have somebody who voluntarily left TNA to shoot on them and tell all the boys in the back considering leaving that it's not worth it.

Or Truth can stay with AAA and wrestle for his buddy Konnan without having to go back to the company who had him in meaningless matches on Heat.

As a side note, given the age thread that's also kicking around, does anyone see MVP main-eventing in five years when he's 39? I mean... OK, sure, Batista, Undertaker and so on, but generally the old main-eventers are the guys who got there while younger, or were majorly established elsewhere first (which won't happen now there's no big opposition) or are special cases like Batista being Triple H's pet project.

Edited by Toxxic

Killings is trying to campaign and politick his way back into the wwe. He's using wrestler connnections in Jeff Hardy and a couple others to try and get him hired and is saying all the right things to the online interviews. Funny thing is that now he's saying him and Cena have no beef, however a few months ago he had Cena cowering in an air port or something. Sure he has to work his gimmick and all, but wwe could be pretty petty.

Wwe only seems to have two characters for their black wrestlers - big badasses or cocky young brash shit talkers. Henry, BDV are in the former and Benjamin, Burke and MVP are already in the latter. I guess they have an opening on Raw for such a character even if they just want to feed him to Cena.

MVP has his share of backers in the company.

Don't forget comedy gangsta. How soon Cryme Tyme can be forgotten.

I suppose Killings would at least be guaranteed a decent payday in WWE for a while, even if he gets jobbed out. I am surprised he's interested in returning to be honest. I imagine TNA has copyrighted the name 'The Truth'? If the WWE had any sense they'd bring him back as Ron Killings and have him as a prominent but ultimately unsuccessful mid-to-upper midcarder, just to remind everyone that a TNA World Champion can't make the top level in the WWE.

If Killings comes back, I doubt it'll be as 'Ron Killings'. Let's face it, if they changed Monty Brown's name and repackaged a former NFL player in the process, I can't see them not changing Killings'. Maybe not back to K-Kwik. As Toxxic said, he could fill the now absent Cryme Tyme role, I'd expect him to be some sort of middle ground between Kwik and Killings.