TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

Total Non-Stop Action

Dude, that game is gonna fucking suck; shit is this mo-capped? If it is, I don't want that shit. It looks like a Legends of Wrestling game in HD, fuck that shit man, this is gonna be like the last game, where that shit could appeal to fucking stoners... only apropraite for TNA's first game.

I was right, this game is just a polished turd and that Q n A that Midway did... someone should be fired for that shit.

Total Failure.

Also nice to know all the guys who were hyped up to mo-cap around 1,800 moves and it looks like not even 200 of them are in the game.

Does everyone do a hip toss and an atomic drop?

Yea, I'm almost positive I remember seeing a clip of Joe doing a Sharpshooter in the mo-cap suit. So if in fact, the Deathlock isn't in there, that's ridiculous.

Turn to Spike really quick if you're online right now. It's a GT special on this game with lots of clips and info.

That was quite the show, actually. Styles showing some guy how to take a hiptoss, totally breaking kayfabe at the same time (telling the guy to jump off his knee to do the hiptoss) and then they interview Dixie Carter, who talks about how the Suicide character will be showing up soon on TV, some actually really good looking clips of the game, they talk about downloadable characters (apparently the first ones released will be Petey Williams and Curry Man) that will be coming soon, and then the ending of the show was typical TNA wackiness, as Angle and Styles got into a verbal spat about who "made" the game or something?!!

I watched it. They did a heck of a job promoting the game. I also DVRd and fastforwarded through the top 20 CMT countdown that was done at the TNA show. Between those two things TNA's game got more promotion than the company itself has in the 6 years it's existed. The quality of the game notwithstanding, someone at least figured out how to advertise something for a change.

Is Petey not in the game or is it a downloadable Lil' Petey Pump skin?

I'm not quite sure, but they made it seem like he is a downloadable character, all together.

Yeah. They're going to have full characters for DLC. The video of Curryman dancing around was hysterical. And when Petey comes out...he'll have his canadian destroyer. The thing that makes DLC cool is that they can have a more updated appearance of the wrestler. Petey is in full on Scott Steiner look.

I watched it. They did a heck of a job promoting the game. I also DVRd and fastforwarded through the top 20 CMT countdown that was done at the TNA show. Between those two things TNA's game got more promotion than the company itself has in the 6 years it's existed. The quality of the game notwithstanding, someone at least figured out how to advertise something for a change.

Yeah, Midway entertainment. I mean, wouldn't you know it? TNA FINALLY gets massive promotion (commercials galore on ESPN during the wrap up show on Sunday) and it's for something that is overwhelmingly horrible.

If only effort had been put in...ah well, back to TNA FIRE PRO RETURNS.

Yeah, Midway entertainment. I mean, wouldn't you know it? TNA FINALLY gets massive promotion (commercials galore on ESPN during the wrap up show on Sunday) and it's for something that is overwhelmingly horrible.

TNA Hardcore Revolution! :lol:

I went ahead and picked up my pre-order at GameStop. I got a bonus DVD with about 90 minutes of matches, most are Ultimate/Elevation X matches, and inside the game itself is another DVD with three matches and 10 minutes of behind the scenes on the making of the game.

So far I've played three basic matches as Sting against Booker T just to get the hang of the controls, and I'm actually enjoying it so far. I love the animations and the feel of all of the moves. It just looks and feels so fluid and hard hitting, much better than SD for the most part.

As for the controls, they're a little weird and yes you are limited, but I knew that going in. The reversal system is great though, as there seems to be a reversal for just about every move in the game that I've seen so far. It's a nice change of pace from the SDvsRAW games, but I could see strict fans of that series not being able to get into this game.

It's been said before, but what you have here is the start of what could become a great series. The biggest flaws so far seem to be how limited you are, both in terms of the number of moves in the game, and all of the various options we are used to in wrestling games.

The graphics are just awesome, I love the visuals.

I rented the game today and started with story mode, it's not bad at all. The create-a-wrestler feels extremely limited but that might be because with storymode you basically start out with jackshit....I unlocked the ablity to chop people though.

The controls aren't bad.....but they're very very arkward.

(These are the 360 controls)

X = Punch

A = Kick

Y = Quick grapple

B = submissions on the ground

if you want to do a strong move, you need to click the LB button first and if you want to do a reversal hit RB. I feel it would have better if the strong move button (LB) and the reversal button (RB) was switched around. I also can't tell exactly if I'm doing a certain move while doing a strong movie or I'm just doing a random move. It's also a bitch to throw someone into the ropes or to the turnbuckle.

I just feel the controls are overall just arkward.

I rented it and wouldn't have hated getting my pre-order. Although somewhat repetitive, and as Scroby said, somewhat awkward, but not bad controls, I actually enjoy it. I didn't look closely into the game so I was happy to see I could be Shark Boy. It's been a fun rental and I plan on picking it up eventually still.

I rented the game today and started with story mode, it's not bad at all. The create-a-wrestler feels extremely limited but that might be because with storymode you basically start out with jackshit....I unlocked the ablity to chop people though.

The controls aren't bad.....but they're very very arkward.

(These are the 360 controls)

X = Punch

A = Kick

Y = Quick grapple

B = submissions on the ground

if you want to do a strong move, you need to click the LB button first and if you want to do a reversal hit RB. I feel it would have better if the strong move button (LB) and the reversal button (RB) was switched around. I also can't tell exactly if I'm doing a certain move while doing a strong movie or I'm just doing a random move. It's also a bitch to throw someone into the ropes or to the turnbuckle.

I just feel the controls are overall just arkward.

Why are you not spelling awkward correctly?

Like I said before, I enjoyed the game more than I thought and ended up buying it today. I had some stuff to trade in at GameStop and with the current trade promotion and coupon I got it for $34.99 worth of credit, plus it also had the Bonus disc inside that GameStop was giving out.

Picked up in story mode where I left off, in one of the most bizarre moments since Here Comes the Pain pizza problems,

when introduced to tag partner Eric Young, he informs you that you smell like bananas

I'm waiting to see if the Wii version is any good.

If it ever sees the light of day.

IGN Score: 4.5.

I don't "do" IGN, is that out of 10?

Urgh, what a crock of shit. And I had hight hopes when I heard you could use the Classic Controller.

I picked up TNA iMPACT! today as it was on sale (down to £25) and started installing it 20 minutes ago.

It's still installing. Looking around the 'net, this is supposed to happen, as many people have to wait up to half an hour for it to install.

Installed, started the story mode and came across a glitch 20 seconds into my first match. We went outside the ring, I went to whip him into the barrocade and for some reason he ran straight through it and can't get back. Now he's walking around aimlessly in the crowd.