TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO RAW thread - 10/31/05

The Day Before Taboo Tuesday

October 31, 2005

When RAW ended last week, John Cena was grasping his ankle in excruciating pain. He had just “lost” a controversial decision to Kurt Angle with General Manger Eric Bischoff inserting himself as referee. Just when it seemed things couldn’t get much worse, Bischoff announced in a WWE.com Unlimited exclusive that Cena would have to face Shawn Michaels on the next Monday Night RAW — regardless of his condition.

So, this week on RAW, HBK will get another crucial chance to make his Taboo Tuesday case before the voting public. “The Showstopper” won last week’s Triple Threat Match against Kane and Big Show, the other two potential Taboo Tuesday main-eventers. Now, Michaels will get to impress against the WWE Champion himself. Will Michaels be able to take advantage of Cena’s potentially weakened state, or will it be an FU to HBK?

On consecutive broadcasts, RAW Superstars invaded SmackDown and then Friday Night’s Superstars returned the favor. Will there be more inter-brand confrontations leading up to the SmackDown selection match at Taboo Tuesday?

Also, Ric Flair and Triple H seem unwilling to wait until Nov. 1 to settle their differences. Will they tangle again on RAW this week?

And Eric Bischoff is sure to feature Superstars and matches relevant to the ongoing Taboo Tuesday voting. What will the GM do, and how will you cast you votes?

Be sure to cast your votes now, and tune in to RAW (9/8 CT; USA Network) for all this and much more.

Just a suspicion but I have a feeling Stephanie is going to have her shirt ripped off tomorrow or at the PPV Tuesday. She seems intent on showing those funbags off as much as possible.

Just a suspicion but I have a feeling Stephanie is going to have her shirt ripped off tomorrow or at the PPV Tuesday.  She seems intent on showing those funbags off as much as possible.

That alone shys me away. Flabby breasts being exposed does not equal my money being spent.

There was no Raw episode in 1994?

A quick search gives us this:

October 31, 1994: Lex Luger defeated Bob Backlund by Disqualification...The 1-2-3 Kid pinned Tony Devito...King Kong Bundy pinned Bert Centeno...Jim Neidhart defeated Tony Roy by submission.

The sad thing? That episode was probably more entertaining than tomorrow night's will be.

Actually, there was a Halloween Raw, buddy.

Taped on October 17, 1994.

Aired on October 31, 1994.

Hosted by Vince McMahon and Randy Savage

"Creepy Backlund heel turn video" airs.

1. Bob Backlund Vs. Lex Luger. Tatanka peeks out from the curtain. Commercial. Boring, awful match. Luger distracted by Tatanka at ringside. CHICKEN-WING LOCKED IN. Ref rings the bell as Tatanka walks into the ring, calling for a DQ. Double-team on Luger, until Savage makes the save.

2. The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Tony DeVito. DeVito misses "bigger than you but still slow and dumb" moves. Kid hits the legdrop for the win.

SURVIVOR SERIES CONTROL CENTER

Bret Vs. Backlund - A Submission Match, No Pinfalls

Taker Vs. Yoko - Casket Match w/ Chuck Norris

Guts & Glory vs. The Million-Dollar Team

The Bad Guys vs. The Teamsters

Clowns Are Us vs. The Royal Family

*Recap*

WWF charity softball, with the WWF stars barely defeating some female voluntees.

3. King Kong Bundy vs. Bert Ceteno. Bundy splash. Knee to face and pin.

- Halloween "fun": IRS in a cemetary with "John DOUGH" (har...not). He rants about paying taxes.

King's Court: Lawler interviews The Undertaker

Undertaker name-drops his fans as the "Creatures of the Night" for one of the first times publicly. Blah blah, Yoko's gonna die. WWF idea for Norris, not Bearer/Taker's.

Next week: Bret & Bulldog Vs. Owen & Neidhart

4. Jim Neidhart vs. Tony Roy. Anvil wins boring contest w/ a camel clutch.

Backstage, Vince checks on Luger. TATANKA ATTACKS! We're outta time!

Awful.

1.  Bob Backlund Vs. Lex Luger.  Tatanka peeks out from the curtain.  Commercial.  Boring, awful match.  Luger distracted by Tatanka at ringside.  CHICKEN-WING LOCKED IN.  Ref rings the bell as Tatanka walks  into the ring, calling for a DQ.  Double-team on Luger, until Savage makes the save.

2.  The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Tony DeVito.  DeVito misses "bigger than you but still slow and dumb" moves.  Kid hits the legdrop for the win.

SURVIVOR SERIES CONTROL CENTER

Bret Vs. Backlund - A Submission Match, No Pinfalls

Taker Vs. Yoko - Casket Match w/ Chuck Norris

Guts & Glory vs. The Million-Dollar Team

The Bad Guys vs. The Teamsters

Clowns Are Us  vs. The Royal Family

*Recap*

WWF charity softball, with the WWF stars barely defeating some female voluntees.

3.  King Kong Bundy vs. Bert Ceteno. Bundy splash.  Knee to face and pin.

- Halloween "fun":  IRS in a cemetary with "John DOUGH" (har...not).  He rants about paying taxes.

King's Court:  Lawler interviews The Undertaker

Undertaker name-drops his fans as the "Creatures of the Night" for one of the first times publicly.  Blah blah, Yoko's gonna die.  WWF idea for Norris, not Bearer/Taker's.

Next week:  Bret & Bulldog Vs. Owen & Neidhart

4.  Jim Neidhart vs. Tony Roy.  Anvil wins boring contest w/ a camel clutch.

Backstage, Vince checks on Luger.  TATANKA ATTACKS!  We're outta time!

Awful.

Wasn't that Savage's last Raw since he interfered on Luger's behalf in that match?

Guest Ransome
You can be assured they'll have the traditional halloween party antics tonight.

I seem to recall a past Halloween episode involving Stephanie dressed as a witch and Bischoff abruptly kissing her, a storyline which went absolutely nowhere. I imagine we'll also get a Halloween-themed Divas match. Has there ever actually been a decent WWE 'themed' show?

Given how desperate they are to ensure Taboo Tuesday's success, it'll at least be interesting to see how ridiculously hard they'll be scrambling to sell the TT PPV .

I realized I have a special episode of "Ghost Hunters" on at 10 pm on Scifi and the Ravens-Steelers playing on ABC.

RAW might actually be avoidable for once! YES!

Guest Fishyswa

Who the fuck avoids TV shows!? If you don't like it, don't watch it. They put buttons on that thing for a reason.

It still amazes me that in this day and age people will still complain about what's on TV, as if it's on all of the 97238273928342 channels we have to choose from.

Avoidable, as instead of watching it and HOPING that it gets better like a fucking drug addict. That's all RAW is anymore, only it's a drug that doesn't even provide an escape. Just watching and hoping it improves, but each week it just sinks further and further.

Guest Fishyswa

If an addict got crack that didn't work, they wouldn't smoke it, they'd go looking for real crack. And they don't have 3947293 dealers to choose from.

1.  Bob Backlund Vs. Lex Luger.  Tatanka peeks out from the curtain.  Commercial.  Boring, awful match.  Luger distracted by Tatanka at ringside.  CHICKEN-WING LOCKED IN.  Ref rings the bell as Tatanka walks  into the ring, calling for a DQ.  Double-team on Luger, until Savage makes the save.

Savage was still employed at that time?

Anyway, I said it once, and I'll say it again, I thoughtthe notion of TabooTuesday was a subliminal to get out and vote. Of course, I'm not going to go back and look for it, but it made sense then.

During the November 7, 1994 Raw, as Jerry Lawler was preparing to begin a "King's Court", Vince McMahon, on-air, made the following statement:

"At this time, obviously conspicuous by his absence, is the Macho Man

Randy Savage. I'd like to announce, unfortunately, that Randy Savage

has been unable to sign a contract with the World Wrestling Federation,

not... unable to, rather, come to terms with the World Wrestling

Federation for a new contract. But Randy, I know you're out there

listening, and on behalf of all of us here in the World Wrestling

Federation, all of your fans, and certainly, me, the number one fan,

I'd like to say, thank you for all of your positive contributions to

the World Wrestling Federation, thank you, Randy Savage, for all the

wonderful memories for so many years here in the World Wrestling

Federation. We wish you nothing but the best. Godspeed, and good

luck."

Yes, Halloween 1994 (taped 10-17-94), was Savage's last appearence.

Nice.

I've heard a bit of that. On a show called Rasslin Radio at the end of 1999, they ended the show with a montage of historical things that happened in wrestling beginning with Hogan winning his first title belt to present (at that time) and they played the part where Vince says "I'd like to announce, unfortunately, that Randy Savage has been unable to sign a contract with the World Wrestling Federation."

If they taped SD, which airs after the PPV, how exactly did they go about having the show make any sense? If I can't get an answer without any spoilers, nevermind then.

If they taped SD, which airs after the PPV, how exactly did they go about having the show make any sense? If I can't get an answer without any spoilers, nevermind then.

Well, for the commentarry, that could be dubbed in later.

As for anything on the show itself, they just passingly mention it without spoilers one way or another, I'm assuming.

The spoilers surrounding the Smackdown Five are very generalized - they'll probably tape a backstage segment later that comments on Taboo Tuesday.