TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Who Was Screwed Over The Most This Year?

Who was it?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who was it?

• Christian
    • Muhammed Hassan
    • Shelton Benjamin
    • Other - State Who

I picked Christian, and I don't really find the choice to be that hard. Christian was over all on his own, and was mercilessly jobbed out all year. Hasaan had the UPN deal, but he was over on cheap foreigner heat, yet may or may not have won the belt at SummerSlam. Shelton certainly doesn't deserve to be buried like he is, but he just wasn't as over as those two were.

Hassan (and Daivari by association).

Given a stereotypical, counter-productive gimmick... Got an angle NO ONE could get over on July 7th, unfortunately with the London bombings occuring between the taping and airing... Then got scapegoated for the whole deal instead of the inept writers.

Christian has opportunities beyond WWE, Mark Copani is branded for life.

I voted for Christian because he was the one guy of the 3 mentioned that actually was getting over on his own merits. Hassan was garbage anyway and I never wept a minute for him being released. As far as Shelton goes, the jury is still out on him. If he's released a year from now or has no upward mobility then he'd win this vote next year.

Edge. He was starting to really get over at the beginning of the year with his screwed-over gimmick, where he kept on winning but never got title shots and even was involved in a controversial finish where he seemingly won the title in the Benoit/Edge double-win triple threat. And immediately after they made him an afterthought in the Elimination Chamber, designed to put over the Evolution stuff, got stuck in a feud with Shawn Michaels where he lost the blowoff and killed his momentum, won a title shot at Money in the Bank and now looks like a coward for never using it, jobbed big time to Batista after the Gold Rush Tournament despite massive interference, and is stuck with an anchor in Lita that ruins the careers and heat of everyone she gets paired with. There was so much promise with Edge at the beginning of the year, and they pissed it all away.

a dead-end feud with Shawn Michaels where he lost the blowoff and killed his momentum

This is somewhat redundant, don't you think?

All three are even choices really.

Christian went out, go way over, basicaly took himself from joke to near main event guy, and ended up getting burried for it.

Hassan just did what they told him to do and got fired for it.

Shelton just put on very good matches and got crapped on.

I hate this company

Christian.

He had managed to get himself way over and was buried for it.

What does Triple H say about guys getting over?

And I didn't really care for Hassan by any means, but that's a shit way to do someone.

And this is typical fanboy chatter, but Paul London did nothing but put on good matches, and he got crapped on

Christian.

That guy could have been a fucking star as a face. The only wrestler I really cared for in WWE other than Benoit. (EDIT: And Flair. I love Ric Flair.)

The fans lose as well.

1- The fans (though a possible UFC/TNA Monday night combo will help)

2- Edge (is he ever going to cash that MITB shot in?)

3- Christian

4- Hassan

It's like the move to USA has WWE thinking that no one watched RAW at all during the Spike era.

Guest Thrashist

Voted Christian because of the three, he had the tools to take it to the next level but got totally screwed. The other two were screwed also though.

BTW, KOAB, that avatar is so insanely addictive. Do you have like a full video of it anywhere? :D

Christian was getting himself over as a potential main eventer when he was buried. Hassan just went out and got cheap heat.

Christian...

He makes himself into one of the most over guys on the roster and gets cheered in arenas all over despite being a heel. Leading up to Backlash, he's calling out John Cena, getting the fans hyped for the inevitable feud with Cena post-draft. The feeling of his first confrontation with Cena on Raw is electric.. until he gets punked out. Fine, he's still in a World Title match on PPV.. but Jericho is now added to take some spotlight off. With that, the feud with Cena is ruined once he's drafted to Smackdown, but he can still be pushed there... or not, as he's jobbed nearly each and every week. When people get 'excited' after a win over Spanky on meaningless Velocity, you know something's not right. Christian was screwed out of a potential main event run.

Hassan and Shelton have their own things, though. I really felt bad that Hassan got stuck with nothing but a lame gimmick after the GAB and subsequently lost his job, but I never liked the Hassan gimmick anyway. I was never impressed with his ring work, and the Hassan gimmick generated heat through the cheap, foreign heel tactics.

Shelton was/is just about as bad as Christian. The biggest problem for Shelton was not capitalizing on the HBK match. HBK verbally puts Shelton over the next week, and what does Shelton get? Nothing but a few meaningless IC Title defenses, until Carlito comes. Then he's jobbed out four or five times, stuck in a feud with Kerwin White, and now hasn't been on Raw in almost a month.

IMO, Christian and Shelton both got screwed over almost as equally bad. I voted Christian if only because his feud with Cena had alot of potential, and WWE really screwed it up and chose to just ignore him.

I voted for the fans and wrestlers not named HHH, HBK, the Undertaker or Kurt Angle. But, I've gotta say Christian got the shaft this year after having a really good feud with Chris Jericho last year.

What did Angle do to deserve to be lumped in with those guys?

And I'm sorry, but talking his way into that one clean win over Eddie is NOT a vaild reason.

While perhaps not as fucked as someone of those other choices, I think Matt Hardy should be put in for consideration as well.

-Got cheated on by a woman he's spent a lot of time defending

-Betrayed by a friend

-Fired

-Brought back to do what should have been an easy and hot feud, only to have it pissed away immediately

-Likely to spend the rest of his return doing fuck all.

Christian was the no-brainer choice. He had everything -- overness, fan appreciation, a completely logical feud and potential money match with the company's top guy -- and the company took it all away for God knows what reason.

Your lack of Hurricane disturbs me. This should also disturb you though, as I voted for Christian.

I have no idea what the hell I just said.

After reading some of the Taboo Tuesday results, I'd like to change my vote to Shelton Benjamin.

Seriously, MATT FUCKING STRIKER???