TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

Christian

i dont care what anyone says. he should be given the title on his first night there. certainly make the wwe/tna battle more interesting. because he wasn't fired. he quit. certainly interesting competition between the two sides.

I think he should come in and job to Jarrett.

me too!

but seriously. i don't like tna. but having him come in would be huge...especially if they could lure jericho in, too. big business, i says.

two posts in a wrestling folder in one day? my god...

this needs to be said.

I think its likely that he'll show up. With a new name, he could easily become a huge babyface for TNA. Best part is, there's a lot of things TNA could do with him. He could fit in with the X Division, tag division, or ME scene.

If its possible, TNA should sign him up quick and produce a kick-ass promo to show at the Prime Time Special. Have him debut on Impact and beat someone like Alex Shelley and cut a good promo on why he's in TNA. After that, I would team him with Hardy, have them run at AMW once or twice, and then build to Christian vs. Jarrett (after JJ loses the title).

Christian in TNA can only be a positive, IMO.

imagine jericho & christian showing up together? new outsiders.

The man has a hell of an idea.

what kind of queer tabulates the win-loss records in a predetermined enterainment show? no one follows nor CARES about win-loss records. for someone with such a vibrant social life, you sure have a lot of time to drown yourself in the meaningless nothings about professional wrestling.

me too!

but seriously.  i don't like tna.  but having him come in would be huge...especially if they could lure jericho in, too.  big business, i says.

two posts in a wrestling folder in one day? my god...

this needs to be said.

If you don't like TNA, then why the fuck are you in here?

what kind of queer tabulates the win-loss records in a predetermined enterainment show? no one follows nor CARES about win-loss records.  for someone with such a vibrant social life, you sure have a lot of time to drown yourself in the meaningless nothings about professional wrestling.

SMACKED-DOWN!

I've been waiting for someone to say that to the people who bitch about TNA giving belts to guys who've lost matches in the E.

Guest *KNK*

Austin jobbed like crazy in WCW. What kind of a loser company puts a guy over who jobbed alot in another company.

Speaking of which, WWE did pretty well with WCW's rejects (Austin, Foley, Triple H, Waltman to an extent)...

Christian would be a nice addition, but not as a Main Event guy. Throw him in their with Chris Sabin, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, and Ron Killings before moving him up to take on Daniels and Styles. Start with Hardy of course for the easy ratings ploy.

Guest ABOBO

Christian is bigger than you think, in comparison to the X guys at least. And to be fair, Christian doesn't work a style that would suit the division. If he comes in, he has a fresh start, no reason to limit him in a midcard role, which is what has brought the situation to this point.

Actually, win/loss records mean a bit to fans, especially if the wrestler in question loses every time they're in a big match. Says to the fans "this guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a big shot."

This is an interesting predicament, but since I don't care too much for Christian outside of his promo's (his matches bore the hell out of me), let's see where this goes before we talk about how good it is for TNA.

The impression of being squashed by Batista or being the fall guy when a match needs it may be there, but no one except the most anal retentive cares about specific win/loss records, which is what Banky is getting at.

That out of the way, Christian is like RVD or Jericho. They're rubber. Job any of them out and they're still over, with credibility, and they can be seen as a threat. The image or presentation of the wrestler is the most important thing, not stats. Present them like they're a big deal, then if they're good enough, like Christian is, then they'll be seen as such.

I disagree with giving him the belt right off the bat, but look at what a month or two did for Rhino. He came in as a threat, got the WWE stink off him, and was seen as legit when he beat Jarrett unexpectedly. And Christian left of his own accord, so he's not even a reject like the others, really. If TNA puts effort into Christian, he'll be big.

Actually, win/loss records mean a bit to fans, especially if the wrestler in question loses every time they're in a big match. Says to the fans "this guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a big shot."

This is an interesting predicament, but since I don't care too much for Christian outside of his promo's (his matches bore the hell out of me), let's see where this goes before we talk about how good it is for TNA.

While I agree, Corey, I really do think that it's easy for a fed to 'erase' past history as needed. If Christian came in, spent a few months winning a few big matches, and looking really, really strong, people would be less likely to say "but he lost a bunch of matches on Smackdown a few months ago".

Guest SavageRulz

Christian could be big in TNA but they have to get his push right.

1. He must never job to Jeff Jarrett

2. He needs to come straight into the main event, no build up in the midcard, just walk over to TNA and be "I'm the big star, you're all pathetic and can't match me, where's my world title"

2. He needs to come straight into the main event, no build up in the midcard, just walk over to TNA and be "I'm the big star, you're all pathetic and can't match me, where's my world title"

And coming straight to the main event wouldn't make sense since casual viewers did see him suffer those losses, even if none of those viewers care about the exact number. Christian should main event eventually if he goes to TNA but his perceived credibility has to be rebuilt first.

And coming straight to the main event wouldn't make sense since casual viewers did see him suffer those losses, even if none of those viewers care about the exact number. Christian should main event eventually if he goes to TNA but his perceived credibility has to be rebuilt first.

I don't get Smackdown. I didn't see any of those losses. Therefore I am fine with him being put into the main event upon arrival.