TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

100-150 Comics for 24.95

MileHighComics

From the Newsletter:

Howdy!

Every once in a while, I come up with a new idea that really resonates with our fans. Last week was a case in point, as the plan that I put into motion on Thursday to allow all of you the opportunity to purchase full short white comics storage boxes of back issue Marvel and DC comics, for only $24.95, prompted an astounding flood of orders. Based on an average of about 120 comics per box, we had orders for nearly 20,000 of our overstock back issues with 24 hours of the newsletter being sent! That torrid sales pace continued through the weekend, with nearly 50,000 comics now committed to orders!

For those of you who have yet to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to buy mixed boxes of back issue comics at about 20 cents each, please don't despair at those prodigious sales figures that I just reported. I personally made up the initial listing of 4,000+ different comics that can be included in the bargain boxes, and we have yet to sell out on any of them. In point of fact, when you take into account that we have over one million back issues that qualify as overstock, we have sold less than 5% of the total available overstock books since this sale began. That being the case, our selection of cool comics available for inclusion in bargain boxes is clearly still quite excellent.

So how great are the selections in these bargain boxes? I guess the simplest way for me to answer that question is to note the fact that the Mile High staff members (all rabid comics fans...) who helped create the initial pulling files were unanimous in their heartfelt approval. Some of them, in fact, are going to purchase bargain boxes for themselves! At only $24.95 (plus exact shipping...) these boxes are a simply a wonderful deal for you. Not only do they include some complete runs of titles, but also many annuals and prestige format comics. About the only drawback to this incredible offer is the fact that we stuff so many comics into each box that they end up being quite heavy, and the shipping is thus pretty significant (especially to International destinations). That having been said, however, this still works our to be a great deal for you, as the total of the average list price of the comics included in each box is well over $500.00 per box! At only $24.95 + shipping, you're making out like a bandit!

I ordered DC's B box.

I've been looking to get back into comics since seeing X-2 a couple years back and finding about 150 of my old X-Men and Batman books. Sounds like a great deal, but I'll have to check on shipping.

EDIT: Shit, $50 with shipping. Still a good deal, I guess, but I'm not sure. I'd love to get a Marvel W-Z box though, for all the X-books. Watch them be ones I already have, though.

EDIT 2: But if free shipping for orders over $40 applies to this deal, you could just get 2 boxes for the same price as 1 shipped. Nice.

I'm not sure where you are seeing the $50 with shipping. I got my receipt and it is $4.00 but it might go up. If so, it shouldn't be too great. But even at $40 total that is around $0.40 per comic.