TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

The Danger Zone is no more

Effective immediately, there won't be any more episodes of the "Danger Zone" for the forseeable future. Between work, dental procedures, and my wife, I cannot make the committment to doing a weekly show. Admin has let me know that if any of you are interested in doing your own show, that you can email him at [email protected]. If you really are interested in doing it, drop him a line. He was basically 80% of the show, I just provided the commentary and such. If you want to know how I got started with podcasting, PM me and I'll let you know what's up. Thanks to everyone who gave me their support. I really enjoyed doing it and still crave to learn more about doing radio in the future from a technical/school standpoint, although I may lean towards doing traditional sports talk radio as opposed to wrestling since that has so many peaks and valleys.

DA

That stinks. I really got a kick out of the episode with Dames. He was a good guest. While I didn't think DA was terrible as a host I thought he had potential to get much better. Plus, using TSM posters as guests was a nice touch.

Guest Vitamin X

We need a radio show that mimics HD.

No seriously, the Sports folder would be a lot better. I wouldn't mind arguing some NFL points.

We need a radio show that mimics HD.

No seriously, the Sports folder would be a lot better. I wouldn't mind arguing some NFL points.

What technology is needed for such an endeavour exactly?

I've seen people use Skype (google it), a land-line phone chat that can record to your computer. With a mic, an audio program with an ability to splice/fade/edit audio, and a firm grasp of how you can use real audio without violating copyrights (ninety seconds for fair use, right?) you could produce a really slick podcast.

Really not much technology is needed, besides a decent mic. Hell you could have dialup, the shows would just be delayed a day or two due to uploading. :) We used TeamSpeak as the program to record interviews, which you can have as many people in that room that your want. As long as you got the enthusiastic radio voice & elaborate talking attitude, you could do it.

I wouldn’t mind helping setup someone in the sports forum start it up, really we can do whatever we want with the show setup wise, its up to the host imagination.

If its a call in show then I'll call in and say...

"The importance of the sacrafice bunt has been lost in today's game up until the 2005 World Champion White Sox brought it back into the focus of the main stream. Do you feel 'small ball' as its called will once again begin to thrive and prove that sabermetrics is a bunch of hooey?"

His tyraid afterwards would make for good listening.