TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

10/29 Impact Rating

Saturday night's episode of TNA Impact averaged a .8 rating. The episode scored a .9 in Males 18-49, and a .9 in Males 18-34. The average audience was 959,000 viewers.

The five week average for Impact since its Spike TV debut has been a .8, with a .9 in Males 18-49, a .9 in Males 18-34 and an average audience of 985,000 viewers.

Spike TV continues to be pleased with TNA's ratings leading into their first primetime special this Thursday evening.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Thoughts?

With the number holding steady, I am not sure the Prime Time special will do all that much better. I think I predicted about 1.2-1.3, if they are lucky.

Here is Meltz's take on this week's rating...

TNA Impact did a 0.8 rating on Saturday night, slightly down from the prior week as far as rating, but it was a significant audience drop.

The Primetime will be the same as the late night. If someone actually follows wrestling enough to know what TNA is, they're going to stay up late to watch it(It's not even that late).

The Primetime will be the same as the late night. If someone actually follows wrestling enough to know what TNA is, they're going to stay up late to watch it(It's not even that late).

It'll do at least around what the replay + regular airing do. Late nights on Saturday isn't a good timeslot (you *do* know a lot of people do stuff on Saturday nights?)

PWI posted this about Thursday's show:

TNA's Primetime special tomorrow night on Spike TV was plugged on The Howard Stern Show this morning. Stern read off copy about the show, so the advertising was purchased, then talked about how much he likes Spike TV as he has a deal to do an animated series with them. They also ran taped plugs for the show. Dan Burkhardt also sent word that 1050 ESPN Radio in NYC was running ads for the special as well.Those aren't cheap ads, so Spike TV is getting behind the product.

Speaking of the special, I was in attendance when they taped it last week in Orlando, Florida and it's worth going out of your way to watch. Jeff Jarrett vs. Rhino, Team 3-D vs. Team Canada, The Ultimate X, and an X-Division six man tag featuring Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, and AJ Styles among others were really good matches. The General Manager of Spike TV was in attendance at the show, watching from the first row with Dixie Carter and Frank Dickersen. The special will replay Monday 11/7 at 1:00 AM Eastern.

That should certainly help the rating. It's good to see that Spike isn't just throwing them out there and expecting them to succeed on there own. I think it bodes well for the TNA/Spike relationship and like Fro, I'm expecting at least a number equaling the combined Saturday/Monday audience, maybe even exceeding it a bit.

It'll do at least around what the replay + regular airing do. Late nights on Saturday isn't a good timeslot (you *do* know a lot of people do stuff on Saturday nights?)

I personally have seen every show, but on the Monday night replay. I have yet to be home at 10 pm on a Saturday to watch.

FYI...Meltz reported that the replay pulled a .6 this week, up from the usual .5 it had been doing. So they lost .1 point from last week on Saturday but picked it back up on Monday. Good for them!

So basically, the .1 who missed it Saturday just ending up catching it on Monday. So the basic TNA audience is .9

Yeah, it seems like those who missed it just caught the replay, but I'd think their basic audience is a little higher than .9 because you have the .8 who've regularly been watching on Saturday and the .5 who've regularly been watching on Monday. There's no way to know if those are unique viewers (I'm sure there are some who watch both), but I don't think the entire .5 is watching on Saturday's too. Hell, I usually watch the show on Saturday, tape it and watch it a few times during the week if I enjoyed it, but I have yet to make myself watch the entire Monday replay. Even when i came across it and said I was going to, I invariably end up changing the channel. So anyway, I'd say the basic TNA audience is somewhere between .8 and 1.3.