TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rob E Dangerously

50 Cent disses Kanye and New Orleans, praises Bush

Well I also don't see where he praised Bush. More just calling Kanye's comments stupid, which i think most people, even non-fans of Bush would agree. (I liked Chris Rock's "Bush doesn't care about midgets" riff though, heh)

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

The second sentence refers to the first.

He didn't praise Bush, but he did say he responded to the best of his abilities.

"I think people responded to it the best way they can," 50 told ContactMusic.com. "What Kanye West was saying, I don't know where that came from."

The second sentence refers to the first.

He didn't praise Bush, but he did say he responded to the best of his abilities.

I never thought I'd see the day where I said this, but 50 Cent is making sense.

BTW, he has a video game out now??? What the fuck is that all about?

50 Cent is not the king of rap or running the rap game. That title goes to Jay-Z. It has and will be Jay's title. 50 Cent is just a flash in the pan rapper with a few good tracks but overhyped and too big of a crybaby for me to give a damn about.

However, he did not say anything about Bush. He was saying that Kayne West said something stupid.

I was talking about "running the rap game" just in terms of popularity, sales, and exposure. 50 is ahead of Jay in those. Jay is infinitely more talented though.

If thats what 'running the rap game' is about than Vanilla Ice was running the show for just about the lsame length of time. ;)

As for being the top selling artist, I do believe that young man that he is taking credit for is on pace to outsell him. Plus, seriously...Jay-z could drop a album of him brushing his teeth and outsell 50 right now.

Plus, dude is president at def jam. when I say running the rap game, I mean LITERALLY running the rap game. 50 isn't nearly as popular as people think he still is. Dude is constantly getting booed at concerts now, and I amsure that movie ticket sales will be awfully telling. The 50 run is nearing its end.

Yeah, I seriously forgot the dude existed until they started playing these awful newer songs of his on the radio. If I were him, I'd be satisfied with just making one of the best goddamn partying songs ever.

As for being the top selling artist, I do believe that young man that he is taking credit for is on pace to outsell him.  Plus, seriously...Jay-z could drop a album of him brushing his teeth and outsell 50 right now. 

Plus, dude is president at def jam.  when I say running the rap game, I mean LITERALLY running the rap game.  50 isn't nearly as popular as people think he still is.  Dude is constantly getting booed at concerts now, and I amsure that movie ticket sales will be awfully telling.  The 50 run is nearing its end.

Jay-Z isn't as popular as 50 Cent, he hasn't had any albums sell as much as 50's last two have, and he's never had a Billboard #1 single while 50's already had 3 (and probably another one soon with "Window Shopper")

Jay-Z as president of Def Jam is more of just a figurehead than anything, L.A. Reid still runs the label. Jay-Z only makes money off of the sales of Roc-A-Fella artists and the only Roc artist worth a shit is Kanye West. The rappers he's tried to develop on his own have failed miserably (Memphis Bleek, Young Gunz)

As for being the top selling artist, I do believe that young man that he is taking credit for is on pace to outsell him.  Plus, seriously...Jay-z could drop a album of him brushing his teeth and outsell 50 right now. 

Plus, dude is president at def jam.  when I say running the rap game, I mean LITERALLY running the rap game.  50 isn't nearly as popular as people think he still is.  Dude is constantly getting booed at concerts now, and I amsure that movie ticket sales will be awfully telling.  The 50 run is nearing its end.

Jay-Z isn't as popular as 50 Cent, he hasn't had any albums sell as much as 50's last two have, and he's never had a Billboard #1 single while 50's already had 3 (and probably another one soon with "Window Shopper")

Jay-Z as president of Def Jam is more of just a figurehead than anything, L.A. Reid still runs the label. Jay-Z only makes money off of the sales of Roc-A-Fella artists and the only Roc artist worth a shit is Kanye West. The rappers he's tried to develop on his own have failed miserably (Memphis Bleek, Young Gunz)

So, let me get this right...

Jay-Z is actually president of a label...but that doesnt count because you say hes a 'figurehead'.

50 Cent isnt actually in charge of anything....but he is on mtv ALOT with screaming children, so he clearly runs the rap game.

Hope he doesnt put those preteens he runs into a 'chokehold' ;)

By these credentials, R Kelly is the Lord of the rap game. Hes got the kiddies wherever he wants em...50 cent hasnt even pissed on a child yet!

Jay-Z is actually president of a label...but that doesnt count because you say hes a 'figurehead'.

50 Cent isnt actually in charge of anything....but he is on mtv ALOT with screaming children, so he clearly runs the rap game.

By these credentials, R Kelly is the Lord of the rap game. Hes got the kiddies wherever he wants em...50 cent hasnt even pissed on a child yet!

He's in charge of G-Unit Records, and hes already put out 6 platinum albums on the label since starting it. He also probably has the most pull of any artist at Interscope right now aside from Dr. Dre.

If you want to know about how much power he has, read the latest issue of The Source, which basically details just how much leverage G-Unit has with the media and how much Interscope as a whole has with MTV and radio.

I remember when Fred Durst ran rock 'n' roll...he was in charge of his own subsidiary label...and he 'discovered' Taproot, and Puddle of Mudd, and Staind, and etc and they sold so many records and they were on mtv all the time.

;)

Why is it so hard to believe? 50 Cent is who you see everytime you put on TV, or hear everytime you put on the radio, and he's selling more records than anyone else. He pretty much calls the shots at Interscope, because Dre seems to not really give a fuck about most of the stuff going on if he's not involved in it. He's doing with the G-Unit brand right now what it took YEARS for Jay-Z to do with the Roc-a-fella brand.

Ya'll seriously, listen to this dude. He does know what he's talkin' about. Look in a XXL Magazine, or go to allhiphop.com, all this shit is public knowledge.

Guest Fishyswa

Jay-Z didn't have Tupac or Biggie touting him as the greatest thing since sliced bread though. You can't deny Em's pushing had a direct impact on 50's popularity.

"So when do we rename the folder "Frivolous Rap Shit""

I don't think that covers the one off topic comment per thread from you.

Guest Fishyswa

What kind of nonsense is that. Clearly if someone doesn't like rap they should be reading every thread on it so they know exactly what they don't like.

He's in charge of G-Unit Records, and hes already put out 6 platinum albums on the label since starting it. He also probably has the most pull of any artist at Interscope right now aside from Dr. Dre.

If you want to know about how much power he has, read the latest issue of The Source, which basically details just how much leverage G-Unit has with the media and how much Interscope as a whole has with MTV and radio.

When did 50/G-Unit put out 6 platinum albums? outside of Llyod Banks, 50 is the only G-Unit member that has went platinum. Interscope has leverage with XXL, and Source magazine are anti-Interscope.

Ok, back to the topic. I find 50's comments to Kanye funny, if calling out the President of the US on live nationwide tv isn't confrontional, I don't know what it is.

When did 50/G-Unit put out 6 platinum albums? outside of Llyod Banks, 50 is the only G-Unit member that has went platinum. Interscope has leverage with XXL, and Source magazine are anti-Interscope.

Ok, back to the topic. I find 50's comments to Kanye funny, if calling out the President of the US on live nationwide tv isn't confrontional, I don't know what it is.

50 Cent has 2 platinum albums, Banks had one, Young Buck had one, and The Game had one. Also the G-Unit "Beg for Mercy" album went platinum.