TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest *KNK*

Ring of Honor 11.5.05 results

Guest *KNK*

Showcase:

1) Lacey pinned Sara Del Rey via rollup for SHIMMER. Was a pretty good match that went about ten minutes.

Main Show:

1) STEELIRIOUS of ACE STEEL & DELIRIOUS v. CHAD COLLYER & NIGEL MCGUINNESS - Ace pinned Nigel after Collyer hit Nigel with a chairshot on accident.

2) SAL RINAURO v. JIMMY JACOBS - Jacobs over Sal with Contra Code. A lot of HUSSing for Jimmy, and it's making him furious and working the crowd. Lacey is a huge asset and helping out Jacobs.

Cornette is in the ring now, I can't hear anything being said or going on. Echo from speakers is making it impossible to hear what's happening or being said. Cornette/Watts talking about old times of wrestling, Adam Pearce is trying to cut him down and talk about new generation, asking for a chance. Watts gets to make the match, and he has someone in mind to make Chicago happy. Adam has a match, not being said against whom though.

3) CLAUDIO CASTAGNOLI v. BJ WHITMER - BJ pins CC with a huge exploder after about 17 minutes. Crowd has been hot all night.

4) SAMOA JOE v. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS - Joe pins Daniels with Musclebuster after 44 minutes. nogimmick is losing his voice, everything sounds really scratchy. Sounded like it was an amazing match.

5) COLT CABANA v. HOMICIDE - Went to a no contest. They were throwing chairs into the ring and at one another. The ref was tossed out as result by Homicide. 'Cide and Smokes then duct-taped Colt to turnbuckle, forked him, Ace came out and ran off 'Cide and

Smokes.

INTERMISSION

6) ADAM PEARCE v. DAVEY ANDREWS - Adam wins with a piledriver after about 6 minutes. Crowd not too much into it, but then considering the previous matches and intermission, this is seemingly forgettable.

7) ROH WORLD TITLE RE-MATCH: BRYAN DANIELSON © v. RODERICK STRONG -60 minute time limit. Danielson reversed a backbreaker into chickenwing and got the tapout at around 57 min. Chops were brutal, everything was sweet, crowd ate up every little thing. Amazing, amazing match. Don't cha wish you were in Chitown?

8) 8 man tag team WARFARE! - GENERATION NEXT PLUS 1 of AUSTIN ARIES, JACK EVANS, MATT SYDAL, and AJ STYLES v. THE EMBASSY of JIMMY RAVE, ALEX SHELLEY, ABYSS, and PRINCE NANA - Daizee Haze turned heel, joining the Embassy after low-blowing Aries and Sydal. Aries german suplexed Abyss through a table. Jimmy Rave pinned Aries after hitting him with his new finisher, a Pedigree.

-Board

Guest *KNK*
4 and 7 seem like matches to look out for, but I'm wondering if the heat for 7 is as good as that report suggests.

Live reports are always hit and miss, I usually wait until a whole night or day has passed to really get an idea if the match was as good as it is indicated. The live high wears off and you can place things in better perspective. I don't doubt that it wouldn't live up to that hype.

I'm REALLY interested in seeing 4 and 7, mainly because I wanna see if Daniels can hold up his side of the bargain with Joe after his draw with Punk was met with negativity, and whether or not Dragon and Strong can make a match centered around the backbreaker worth watching. Should be very interesting, at the very least.

Apparently the 44 minutes of Joe-Daniels is overstated, it didn't even go 30.

And the finish to Danielson-Strong wasn't the crossface chickenwing, according to a post at DVDVR:

Danielson gets on Strong's back for a crucifix and brings him down for a 2. Strong rolls forward and gets a 2. Danielson then adjusts his position so that his Strong is trapped in the crucifix and starts just unloading elbows into Strong's head. Strong can't defend himself and the ref has no choice but to call for the bell as Danielson wins by TKO. For anyone who has seen it, it was the EXACT finish to the famous Gary Goodridge fight from UFC 8 (a pretty famous UFC clip). Really amazing finish.

8) 8 man tag team WARFARE! - GENERATION NEXT PLUS 1 of AUSTIN ARIES, JACK EVANS, MATT SYDAL, and AJ STYLES v. THE EMBASSY of JIMMY RAVE, ALEX SHELLEY, ABYSS, and PRINCE NANA - Daizee Haze turned heel, joining the Embassy after low-blowing Aries and Sydal. Aries german suplexed Abyss through a table. Jimmy Rave pinned Aries after hitting him with his new finisher, a Pedigree.

-Board

I heart Jimmy Rave.

And Danielson/Strong sounds amazing.

I was at the show. My 1st live roh show and was a little dissapointed.

Best matches were joe/fallen angel which went between 10-15 minutes not 45, and the last match. Also a.j. styles suplexed abyss thru the table not aries. Brian danielson vs. roderick strong was very over-rated as 80 % of the match was flair chops and european uppercuts. On a side note scary moment as A.J. outside of the ring went for a high spot,was going to jump on the barracade but slipped and fell into the crowd nailing a 5-6 yr old kid pretty hard. The boy seemed o.k. after a while. The entire show to me was about a 3 or 4 on a 10 point scale

Brian danielson vs. roderick strong was very over-rated as 80 % of the match was flair chops and european uppercuts.

Well, considering that the two of them are supposed to hate each other, and after the abrupt "shoot" ending to their previous match, it certainly makes sense that there wouldn't be a lot of pretty mat sequences or rope-running doesn't it.?

Guest The Showcase
I'm REALLY interested in seeing 4 and 7, mainly because I wanna see if Daniels can hold up his side of the bargain with Joe after his draw with Punk was met with negativity, and whether or not Dragon and Strong can make a match centered around the backbreaker worth watching. Should be very interesting, at the very least.

What was said about the Punk/Daniels broadway? I haven't seen the match but have been very excited to see it, being a big mark for Punk and Chris Daniels being THE man.

Some loved the Punk/Daniels match and some hated it from what I've read.

It was a good show but probably the least memorable of the five ROH shows I've seen. I don't really remember one match standing out over the rest. Joe vs Daniels was good...Strong vs Dragon was good.......the 8 man was good ( I can't believe my Daizee turned heel!!) ...Whitmer vs Claudio was good ........

Nothing really blow away great but a lot of good. The Chicago crowd to me seemed more toned down than usual. And I've heard reports of attendance at 850 which I honestly don't believe.

Honestly, I'll remember more of the SHIMMER show the next day than I will the ROH show.

Guest SoZe

I'd just like to point out that Danielson-Strong was underrated, if anything. Fucking insane match. And while there were plenty of nasty, brutal chops, the match was the perfect hybrid of stiff strikes, and sick submissions. I couldn't believe they went so hard for nearly 50 minutes.

Also, would this guy label a match between Kobashi and Tenru nothing but "Flair chops?" Flair didn't invent the chop, guy.