TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

SWF LOCKDOWN 11/16/05

The Smarks Wrestling Federation Presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN, LIVE, WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 16 FROM THE SOLD OUT JOE LOUIS ARENA IN DETROIT, MICHIGAN!

8 PM EST, 5 PM PST

**Family Friendly Rules are in effect!**

Please have your matches to their markers by 8:00 PM, Eastern Standard. If you need an extension, just ask.

Send all marked matches and promos to Justice (Pulling double duty to get the schedule back on track).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Well, Ashes to Ashes is now dust in the wind, and it's time to move on to the SWF's newest tradition to kick off the winter...

The Cold Front Classic!

And there's no colder place to start it all off than the home of the Detroit Red Wings, Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

OPENING PROMO: Not yet called.

COLD FRONT CLASSIC SEEDING BATTLE ROYALE

Spike Jenkins v. Jay Hawke (SWF International Champion) v. TORU (SWF Tag Champion) v. the Wildchild v. The Masked Crusader v. Candace "The Joshi Dragon" Okimura v. JJ Johnson (SWF Cruiserweight Champion) v. Johnny Dangerous v. Manson

-> The Cold Front Classic is back! This time, it's for a shot at the World Title at Clusterf**k, so as not to rush everyone through the hock-I mean, Holiday Season. Last year, Landon Maddix was able to make it through the tournament and defeat the heavily favored Toxxic for the World Title. Now this year, 9 wrestlers will have the same chance to go up for the the World Title on the SWF's second largest PPV of the year!

Rules: Over-the-top eliminations, everything else is normal rules. Only 8 people will make it into the tourney, and it will be seeded top vs. bottom.

Word Limit: 8000

Markers:

Spike, Jay Hawke, and TORU: chirs3

Wildchild, Masked Crusader, and Candace: realitycheck

JJ, Johnny, and Manson: Justice

After winners are picked from these three, chirs3 will judge the final winner.

HIDE AND SEEK HARDCORE TITLE MATCH: HOCKEYTOWN EDITION!

Landon Maddix vs. Bruce Blank

-> Being in Detroit, there's no better place to be than the Hockeytown Cafe, situated near the Fox Theatre and Comerica Park.

The SWF heartily agrees, though for much different reasons.

See, a cafe full of die-hard hocky fans is the BEST place for a wrestling match to take place, particularly one that you have to tear stuff up to win. Because of this crazy logic, Bruce Blank will be defending his title against Landon Maddix. Both are fresh off a loss from Ashes to Ashes, with one looking to gain a title while the other is looking to keep it. Who will the survivor of the Hockeytown challenge?

Rules: The Hardcore Belt is hidden somewhere inside the restaurant. Whoever finds it first wins, and you have the freedom to do whatever necessary to get it. Just remember: At this time, the Red Wings will be playing an away game against the Calgary Flames, so the place will likely be packed with rabid hockey fans.

Word Limit: 5500

Marker: Justice

CRUISERWEIGHT RULES MATCH

Wes Davenport and ‘The Rage’ Jason Von Dierch

-> Say what you will about washed-up actors, but Wes Davenport is still a winner, and he has the Ashes to Ashes victory to prove it. Sadly, Jason Von Dierch can't say the same, and didn't like seeing Davenport get the easy match on the PPV. Well, CC understands that sentiment, and wants 'The Rage' to get a chance at Davenport to vent a bit.

Rules: Standard Cruiserweight match. 20 counts on the outside and no tossing your opponents over the top rope.

Word Count: 4000

Marker: realitycheck

FAMILY FRIENDLY OPENING MATCH

Akira ‘The Divine Wind’ Kaibatsu vs. ‘The Magician’ Matt Myers

-> While Akira might be one of the more family friendly wrestlers in the SWF, nothing can top the kid appeal of Matt Myers' new gimmick! Due to an unnoticed clause in his resigning contract, Matt's gimmick is completely under the control of CC, and thusly tonight he'll be the family-friendly face, 'the Magician' Matt Myers!

Rules: Standard Match. Stats for Matt are here. You'll notice, however, that his moves and entrance are still the same. I'll leave it up to you to think up clever magical names and a dorky entrance for him.

Word Count: 4000

Marker: chirs3

Also appearing...

Max King! But what will he be doing? Talking? Wrestling? Talking and wrestling?

*Gasp*

And what of Stryke? Will he be doing anything tonight?

Tune in to find out!

Edited by Justice

Ah thank god they put the match AWAY from the arena so that we're not bound by family friendly rules

and after Janus beat me I'll have to turn it up TWO notches to rebuild my "Ultra Violent" status and the Title as well

and no "Cold Front Classic" for Bruce = "another PPV Speciality match from the twisted mind of Mr. Blank" *Thumbs up*

so it's all good :D

Oh ppffffffffffff not like you did something major - after all

no electrocution

No barbwire dental floss/face wrapping

no body parts chopped off

what a wussy beating

I'll pop an asprin and I'll be right as rain ;)

(and if you believe that then I'd love to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge one day)

Please say we can visit the Gund soon.

They can't.

It's no longer the Gund. It's the Quicken Loans Arena (aka "The Q" now).

Being from the Cleveland area, I wept when I heard the news.

"Let's go see the rasslin' show!"

"Where's it at?"

"The Q."

"Fuck it. We'll wait until they're back at the Gund."

So the first one eliminated is completely out and the second eliminated get the first slot in the tournament?

My guess is that the first eliminated is out of the tourney all together

2nd eliminated is ranked 8th

then 7-6 and so on

Then in the tournament first round it's 1 Vs 8, 2 Vs 7, 3 Vs 6 and 4 Vs 5

at least that's how seeded tournament work most of the time.

Please say we can visit the Gund soon.

They can't.

It's no longer the Gund. It's the Quicken Loans Arena (aka "The Q" now).

Being from the Cleveland area, I wept when I heard the news.

"Let's go see the rasslin' show!"

"Where's it at?"

"The Q."

"Fuck it. We'll wait until they're back at the Gund."

That's why we call it the Gund anyway.

COLD FRONT CLASSIC SEEDING BATTLE ROYALE

Christian Fury (SWF Tag Team Champion, SWF Hardcore Gamers' Champion) v. Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix (SWF Intercontinental-Television Champion) v. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins (SWF Cruiserweight Champion) v. "Urban Legend" Todd Cortez (SWF United States-Junior League Champion) v. David Cross (SWF Tag Team Champion) v. "The Icon" Max King v. Danny Dagda v. Sacred v. Manson

-> And if you didn't know, now you know. Nine wrestlers, all vying for a shot at the SWF World Championship and instant notoriety as the first-ever winner of the Cold Front Classic tournament. This match will determine seeding for the next round, and there's some incentives both to win and not to be eliminated early. The first two wrestlers eliminated will be seeded eight and nine, and will face off on Lockdown to determine who faces the winner of this battle royale and, in turn, the #1 seed. As an added bonus for the #1 seed, they will be the ONLY wrestler from this list to have Lockdown off -- everybody else will find themselves in a match!

Rules: Over-the-top eliminations, everything else is normal rules. Also, if two or more writers want to joint a match, that will be allowed -- you guys are coming off of a PPV.

Word Limit: 7000

Marker: Thoth

From last year.

This is the problem of trying to make up a clip show at the last minute...

Well, I read all that, I just never noticed the prelim thing before. Personally, I wanted to have more people, but I really didn't want a mini-Clusterfuck as much as I wanted a BR Tourney.

I kinda like the idea... but we're just gonna keep it as is. We have a great deal of it planned out and this just makes it easier and ties up a person for one less show.

Sorry, #9. :-\

I knew I'd screw these up. Sorry about that, I wrote these up at 3 AM and I was just trying to get to bed. I appologize. :-\

Edit: Just editted it. Is this okay?

Edited by Justice

Hey guys, start sending me your match requests today, warn me about promos you're doing for the show, and other stuff like that so I can get the show up early. :)

I was going to say how I think tournaments like this are lame, as they usually give the world champion a huge rest period, but I figure I'll cut Judge some slacks. So, what size do you wear, any pattern you want, and in what color?

I'm also not funny.

Ever.

I was going to say how I think tournaments like this are lame, as they usually give the world champion a huge rest period
Unless everyone not in the tournament rush to their PM boxes and request a match with El Lunchroom'a'door

hmmmmm

*strokes semi-shaved chin*

Hell, I'm all for defenses in between PPVs. Throw 'em at me whenever you like.
Whats the position on double champs?

1) Not that it'll happen (I'd have to beat ELM... well he may break an arm and I'd get lucky)

2) Not that the odds are that great that I'll even have 1 title after Lockdown (Damn you for booking me against such a top talent :bonk: )

But inquiring minds want to know

We've had plenty of double champs in the past. So there's no problem. Heck, Jay was International and Tag Champ just a few weeks ago.

which was singles & tag

but singles & singles? (honestly I'm not thinking I am in ELM's league - but if I manage to hang on to the Hardcore title is International or World title chases even an option for a story?)

Double champs are acceptable if the titles are in different divisions.

International and World, for example, are both standard singles titles, so you wouldn't be able to hold both of them at the same time. Cruiserweight and World, on the other hand, are different divisions (one's a standard title, and one's restricted to cruisers), as are World and Hardcore.