TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justcoz

TO vs. Kurt Angle

Terrell Owens is out of work. There is a hype machine. If you were Vince McMahon, would you consider offering money to wrestle... at at least... a one shot appearance on RAW to bring people over from MNF? Wrestling may be a long shot because I'm sure he wouldn't want to risk injury but if you put him in there with someone like Kurt Angle, someone that could train him and walk him through the match, would it be something you'd order on PPV or something that could spark a mainstream interest in the product? Is Angle the right guy to match him up with or would you go the Cena route? Would this be something NBC would want for a Saturday Night Main Event? Discuss...

Hey, WWF pulled it off with LT & Bam Bam... I could see TO for a one night shot, not a PPV though, certainly not a WM main event... a SNME sounds good actually, maybe not even as the main event there, but it would certainly build some interest.

The state wrestling is in now, however, TO would be blackballed for doing anything WWE by any and all sportscasters and etc. Not that they matter.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

TO's nuts can you picture his contract demands.

Millions plus he'd go over.

WCW became a giant fucking punch line for using pro athletes (Rodman, Malone) and real-life celebrities (Leno) ... and yet people are thinking that it might be a good idea?!?

Amazing.

Guest Leelee

I was just thinking about Vince going after TO...

Anyway, not Angle. Why waste Kurt? Put Austin or Cena in there.

WCW became a giant fucking punch line for using pro athletes (Rodman, Malone) and real-life celebrities (Leno) ... and yet people are thinking that it might be a good idea?!?

Amazing.

Well, when every other PPV is headlined by guys who aren't wrestlers, then yes, WCW deservingly became a punchline but for every Kevin Green and Jay Leno there is a Mike Tyson and Mr. T who actually did generate interest in the product. LT worked on some level as well.

Besides, WWE is pretty much a mirror of bad WCW these days anyway. So what could it hurt to have Terrell Owens show up for a one shot deal where he has a face off with someone like Angle or Cena that gets mainstream press coverage? Even if he doesn't actually wrestle a match.

I was just thinking about Vince going after TO...

Anyway, not Angle.  Why waste Kurt?  Put Austin or Cena in there.

I think the media would be intrigued by an Olympic gold medalist and a spoiled arrogant NFL player having a face off. It would probably serve Cena better in the long run however.

Amazing.

Well, when every other PPV is headlined by guys who aren't wrestlers, then yes, WCW deservingly became a punchline but for every Kevin Green and Jay Leno there is a Mike Tyson and Mr. T who actually did generate interest in the product. LT worked on some level as well.

Besides, WWE is pretty much a mirror of bad WCW these days anyway. So what could it hurt to have Terrell Owens show up for a one shot deal where he has a face off with someone like Angle or Cena that gets mainstream press coverage? Even if he doesn't actually wrestle a match.

Because I don't think that it'd be positive mainstream press coverage ... it'd be a big joke on Sportscenter, Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption, the Sports Reporters, and on and on and on. If it was someone other than TO, there'd be a slight chance that it would be a positive thing ... but the mainstream sports media is having a field day ripping on him as it is. Why would his involvement with the WWE be a positive for either party?

What does Toronto vs Kurt Angle mean?

Angle vs. Edge? That's been done. Christian and Test are gone.

Kurt Angle vs The Leafs? Interesting, but none are wrestlers so who cares.

I'll buy a PPV for a wrestler wrestling a wrestler, thanks.

Guest Leelee

Besides, Kurt already admitted that he represents all of North America. Since Canada is busy chasing caribou, or something. I really miss funny 2000 Angle.

Guest *KNK*

Vince McMahon is too out of touch with reality to even know TO is in trouble. He'll try to be edgy by bringing last year's big story, Jose Conseco in for Mania.

Terrell Owens is out of work.  There is a hype machine.  If you were Vince McMahon, would you consider offering money to wrestle... at at least... a one shot appearance on RAW to bring people over from MNF?  Wrestling may be a long shot because I'm sure he wouldn't want to risk injury but if you put him in there with someone like Kurt Angle, someone that could train him and walk him through the match, would it be something you'd order on PPV or something that could spark a mainstream interest in the product?  Is Angle the right guy to match him up with or would you go the Cena route?  Would this be something NBC would want for a Saturday Night Main Event?  Discuss...

Uh, probably not. Terrell who?

Also should be noted that last year or the year before Brian Urlacher with the Bears (pretty sure it was him) did a gig (one time) with an indy fed, and the team organization had a fit.

Granted this is different circumstances if it would happen. Not like T.O. hurting himself in the ring would take away from his field performance as he's NOT GOING ON THE FIELD.

Heh

Urlacher did a show with TNA.

Guest P-Any
Terrell Owens is out of work.  There is a hype machine.  If you were Vince McMahon, would you consider offering money to wrestle... at at least... a one shot appearance on RAW to bring people over from MNF?  Wrestling may be a long shot because I'm sure he wouldn't want to risk injury but if you put him in there with someone like Kurt Angle, someone that could train him and walk him through the match, would it be something you'd order on PPV or something that could spark a mainstream interest in the product?  Is Angle the right guy to match him up with or would you go the Cena route?  Would this be something NBC would want for a Saturday Night Main Event?  Discuss...

No one wants to se T.O. wrestle! At this point I think no one wants to see ANY of T.O. at all thanks to all the media OVER exposure.