TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Eddy Guerrero passes away

I just watched the Eddie/Lesnar match from No Way Out 2004 and it has all the more power and relevance now. I'd forgotten the part where Brock gets fed up and started ranting at Eddie "Just die, Eddie!" Just eerie.

I think I'll go watch the Eddie/Kurt match from WM last year, with the brilliant "take off the boot" finish.

I'm shocked and saddened. Like many others, he was my favourite currently, one of my favourites of all time, and the top guy who kept me interested in a below-average product.

I really don't know what to say. I'm in a state of shock right now.

RIP Eddie. :(

Guest *KNK*
Call it naive, but I'm not believing he lost his battle before confirmation.

I want to thank you for this. I'm with you. Until we actually get confirmation that his death was because of RECENT substance abuse, I've no reason to believe that it wasn't due to his previous addictions or some other medical problem.

Of course it's way to early to speculate, it's just unfortantly, it's the trend to assume it was indeed cause of substance abuse of some kind. I'm hoping it was natural causes but it doesn't matter HOW he died. It doesn't change anything. We can't change anything about this and that's why it's so sad and hard to hear the words "Eddy is gone".

I just called my little cousin, a big wrestling fan, and a Eddy fan. He's only 8 years old but needless to say, he took it pretty hard. I didn't want him to find out on the playground @ school or when he turned on raw 2moro night.

I just watched the Eddie/Lesnar match from No Way Out 2004 and it has all the more power and relevance now.  I'd forgotten the part where Brock gets fed up and started ranting at Eddie "Just die, Eddie!"  Just eerie. 

no offense, but clearly you are just looking for symbolic aspects of eddie's wrestling matches just for the sake of mourning his death. you are taking the "just die" rant by brock completely out of context because of todays events. its not eerie at all. anyone can go through any deceased wrestlers matches & attempt to find "eerie" or "forshadowing" parts.

i am being honest. how is that being an asshole? i didn't say rudely whatsoever. saying "just die" in a wrestling match wasn't done to just eddie. thats my point. no personal attack no cabbageboy whatsoever. i apologize if he believes i was attacking him.

This sucks. Just when I thought we might close out the year without another person in wrestling dying too young. Really feel bad for his family and friends.

Seriously, Banky. If you want to be an asshole, go hijack a thread in HD. This is about Eddy, we don't need your bullshit in here.

Um, Banky's not doing anything wrong. Trying to act as if something another wrestler said to Eddie in a match has ny meaning or relevance whatsoever is kinda of stretching it.

Guest *KNK*

I understand what banky is saying, it's a natural thing to do in the news of death. To see things with a different perspective, little things seem to haunting, comments and statements seem to echo more because of the circumstances.

You find new context to meanings because of those circumstances. Nothing wrong with finding it surreal to hear comments like "Die Eddie!" shortly after discovering and processing the sad news.

Banky, while being the usual asshole he is is right but has no purpose to decry someone for doing what is natural.

I understand what banky is saying, it's a natural thing to do in the news of death.  To see things with a different perspective, little things seem to haunting, comments and statements seem to echo more because of the circumstances.

You find new context to meanings because of those circumstances.  Nothing wrong with finding it surreal to hear comments like "Die Eddie!" shortly after discovering and processing the sad news.

Banky, while being the usual asshole he is is right but has no purpose to decry someone for doing what is natural.

It's not surreal. It's what the guy said because they were feuding. He wasn't gonna say "let's go out for drinks afterwards." It's dialogue in character. It's irrelevant to this

Guest Duke_The_Dog

BTW, since he was mentioned, here's CM Punk's response on his LJ.

Kids and Heros

I ain't nobody. I'm just some Punk rock kid with a big mouth and an opinion. I'm just some kid...

Eddie Guerrero was a hero of mine. I was fortunate enough to work with him many times, and he helped me more then I could ever put into words.

Eddie was my friend. He still is. Maybe i'll be back on here to tell some stories when I clear my head, right now is just too hard.

I remember Eddie Guerrero.

Cheat to win.

XpunkX

Guest Samantha

Nice words from CM Punk.

I don't know what to say... i'm practically in tears right now.

RIP Eddie.

i am being honest.  how is that being an asshole? i didn't say rudely whatsoever.  saying "just die" in a wrestling match wasn't done to just eddie.  thats my point.  no personal attack no cabbageboy whatsoever.  i apologize if he believes i was attacking him.

you can't be rational with 70% of the people in this folder and you should know that by now. If you say anything that goes against their feelings you're going to be called an asshole or troll or something in this situation. Better to just leave them be and shake your head at the parts that are nonsense than even bother. Not worth getting into a fight about, especially in this thread.

TNA Mourns The Passing Of Eddie Guerrero 

November 13th, 2005

TNA JOINS THE WRESTLING WORLD IN MOURNING THE PASSING OF EDDIE GUERRERO

On Sunday morning, TNA joined the wrestling world in learning of the unfortunate and untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero.

The mood backstage in Orlando is solemn, as many TNA staff and stars were close with Eddie and worked with him throughout his career.

Everyone in TNA will keep Eddie and his family in our thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come as we say goodbye to a friend. 

Credit: TNAwrestling.com

Shit. I just woke up a little while ago and saw this...I just can't believe this. Part of me is thinking this is some kinda joke. Of all the people to go...

At least he got to see his run with the belt. I'm thankful for that much.

RIP Eddie

Guest bigm350

Wow. This is beyond shocking and sad. I haven't been this shocked over a wrestling death since Owen passed away.

RIP Eddy.

Man, it's barely starting to sink in. I'll miss the guy terribly, and I'll always remember his matches against Benoit, Rey, and obviously when he beat Lesnar to win the title.

R.I.P. Eddie. :(

I..... I can't believe it. This... I really can't put any of my feelings into words right now, so I'll sum this up by saying I'm incredibly shocked, and even more saddened.

Eddie Guererro, you brought joy to so many lives. You never, ever failed to entertain me. I'm just sorry I never got to see you live and in person. Condolences to Eddie's wife Vicki and kids, as well as his brothers and nephews.

Rest In Peace.

Guest Duke_The_Dog
This from the torch, and I felt sick to my stomach reading this:

Eddie Guerrero was found in his hotel room in Minneapolis with his toothbrush in his mouth. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. At this point, the belief among WWE personnel is that Guerrero died of heart failure.

Shortly after Guerrero's body was found and removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero visited the hotel room to say their goodbyes. WWE wrestlers and staffers were visibly shaken and emotional while leaving the hotel to go the Target Center, the site of tonight's Raw/Smackdown taping. Word from WWE sources is that the tenor of tonight's taping will be dramatically different and that the Smackdown show will need to be revised.

Over the years, I've let it be known how I feel when certain wrestlers pass away. I've been mocked for it over and over again, but I really don't give a fuck. When a worker dies, even if they weren't one of the best of all time, it still gets to me for the simple fact that it's just different when it comes to wrestling. We see these guys on TV week after week, and while most are in character, it's just more "real" than the typical guy in the entertainment industry. These guys and gals are, more often than not, just playing a character that has at least some part of their real person included.

So yeah, I'm not ashamed to say all of that. I'm a lifelong fan and I've followed the careers of most of the workers from the very start, or at least from the point where I was able to.

This morning, when I first saw the title of this topic, I clicked on it fully expecting to flame the hell out of the OP. I mean, Eddie Guerrero...dead? There's no way in hell that could be true. When I read on, and noticed that I was wrong, it floored me. Seriously, it really did. I all of a sudden though woozy, I then saw the sig of Benoit & Eddie at WMXX and it made me think of that fantastic moment, and for the first time since Owen Hart, I actually shed tears over a pro wrestler's death.

I only first started following Eddie's career when he hit WCW, but the moment he showed up ther, I was an instant fan. Over the years I dived into his previous work as well, so I fell like I can almost say I've followed his career since the start, even if I didn't see it live. I've read about him, watched the DVD, and have seen countless matches of his, from many different countries, all the way to ROH, ECW, WCW, and now of course WWE.

This much, and it can be proven that I'm not saying this just because he has passed as I've stated it on the board quite a few times, is true. Eddie Guerrero is in my top ten list of wrestler of all time. I'm not talking about just active wrestlers, I'm talking ever, past and present. A list that includes Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Dynamite Kid, Tiger Mask I, Benoit, and more.

As far as active wrestlers go, there are few guys who I looked forward to more than Eddie week in and week out. Even when the shows were horrible, and even when he was taking part in a horrible angle (Rey Mysterio's kid), I could still enjoy it just because he was such a fucking good worker, both in the ring and out. As far as active wrestlers in WWE, he was right around at #2 for me, right under Benoit, and there have been plenty of times where Eddie was the #1 high point of the week for wrestling, he was just that damn good.

I've always felt he should be a main event player, even in WCW he showed signs of this. When he first won the title from Brock Lesnar, it was just an awesome moment since I've stuck by him for so long, and then the WMXX moment with both him and Benoit holding the world titles up together, it was just simply one of the greatest nights to be a fan of both guys. Hell, it was a great time and night to be a fan of wrestling period.

One thing is for sure - Eddie will be missed, big time. Not just by us, the fans, but by WWE as a whole. Hell, the entire industry will miss him. He is a very vital part of WWE Smackdown right now, and soon, Vince and co. will realize this, if they haven't already.

Máscara Mágica

Black Tiger II

El Caliente

Uncle Eddie

Latino Heat

Eddie Guerrero...

No matter what name the fans know you by, or whatever character you have portrayed, you will be missed, but never forgotten...never.

RIP.

You know, in situations like these, WWE.com should really remove the "headlines" on the other side of the "Eddie Guerrero: 1967-2005" graphic. Candice Michelle's Playboy spread and some arbitrary top 25 list seem pretty irrelevant at this point.

You know, in situations like these, WWE.com should really remove the "headlines" on the other side of the "Eddie Guerrero:  1967-2005" graphic.  Candice Michelle's Playboy spread and some arbitrary top 25 list seem pretty irrelevant at this point.

I was thinking the same. Hopefully they will get some more Eddie related content up there as the day(s) go by.

Press conference regarding Guerrero's death

Nov. 13, 2005

Vince McMahon and Chavo Guerrero held a press conference regarding the untimely death of Eddie Guerrero today at 12:45 CT. At this time, the circumstances surrounding his death are still unclear.

Video of the entire press conference will be made available on WWE.com shortly

Guest Duke_The_Dog

I guess I'm glad it was heart failure while brushing his teeth instead of OD ing in the bathroom

I remember the first time I saw Eddie wrestle. It was also the first time I saw ECW. It was a tag match with Eddie & Taz vs. Malenko & 2 Cold Scorpio, the one where Taz hurt his neck. When I saw Eddie & Dean in there, it just blew me away. The stuff they were doing wasn't really anything special by today's standards, but to me, as a ten-year-old fan, it was amazing. Anyway, Eddie scored the pin with some strange rollup move, I don't know the name of it, but I knew right then, this guy was awesome. I was very excited when he went to WCW a few months later, but despite how entertaining he was, he sort of floundered around, lost in the shuffle. The he went to WWE and somehow became a huge star. Truthfully, even though he had the talent, he was never the kind of guy I could see as a World champion, mainly because of his size. But he did it and he was great at it.

So, thank you, Eddie, for all the memories, and rest in peace.