TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

Favourite Eddy Guerrero moments

Discuss them here.

My favourite moment would have to be Eddy defending the WWE title at WMXX, then celebrating with Benoit after he won the World Heavyweight title to close the show. Pegasus Kid and Black Tiger, on top of the world. Good times.

Eddie could put anyone over with the way he worked...one moment that comes to mind for me was his match at Souled Out '97 against Syxx (Waltman) for the US title in a ladder match. The PPV was horrible...I have no idea what led me to spend money to watch it, but that match was a MOTY candidate.

Eddies promo (with Chavo) on Benoit from Smackdown where Benoit doesn't say a word and Eddie goes through 50 emotions trying to convinve Benoit he's his friend.

Eddie vs. Rey Halloween Havoc 97. Eddie bring so much hate to the match. Just him walking down to the ring sneering at the fans is classic. The rest of the match was Eddie giving one of wrestlings best shitkickings to Rey.

Eddie vs. Lesnar NWO 04. Eddie totally makes this match telling a superb story of a guy who has to be resourceful and use the ring to his advantage over the bigger, strong, champion.

Eddie vs. Malenko Hostile City Showdown - I thought this was better than their 2/3 falls going away match. It had smarter mat wrestling and... I should probably watch it again...

I don't recall the specifics but on a 2002 episode of SmackDown, it was a 6 man tag where the heel team was Eddie, Benoit, and Angle. Angle and Benoit started brawling. The face team (I believe it was Edge, Rey, and Rikishi) just kinda looked out confused... then Eddie joins them, puts his arm on one of their shoulders and acts like he was their pal. Not the greatest moment ever mind you, but quite hilarious.

I'll probably remember Eddie most as being the one wrestler who could ALWAYS make me laugh. Honestly, whether it was in the ring, in backstage segments or whatever, he just had so many little elements to his character that would always crack me up.

My favorite moment from him (as far as non-wrestling stuff goes, anyway) would probably be the night he broke up with Chyna after being caught in the shower with the Godfather's ho's. My description of this has never really been able to do the segment justice, but I love it because afterwards they go through this dramatic break up scene in the back, Chyna leaves, and suddenly Billy Gunn shows up. Now I should note right now that Billy is-from a mark standpoint--probably my all-time LEAST favorite wrestler, which is probably why I loved this so much. But he cuts this strong promo against Eddie, saying something like "pick up that cheap ass ring of yours and get outta here, because I'm gonna make sure that you never go near her again. COMPRENDES?! ESS-AAYYYY?!" Then the second Billy turns to leave, Eddie randomly picks up a bottle and bashes him in the head with it. Again, it probably doesn't sound like much from my description but I was literally in tears from laughing so hard.

Another great moment was the backstage promo with Benoit that Rudo mentioned, his win over Brock for the title, and of course the Mania moment with Benoit.

Eddie and Benoit celebrate together and hug each other at the closing moments of WMXX. I was there live and it was such an emotional moment for everyone.

Eddie vs Rey Misterio jr. at Halloween Havoc. I was never a WCW fan until that point. This match still blows me away to this very day.

The Rock and Eddie do promos on each other on RAW mid-2002. Eddie calls Rock "Rey Alacrán" (Scorpion King) and Rock sings "La Bamba" with changed lyrics.

Eddie wins the WWE Title from Brock Lesnar. Absolutely terrific match and the post-match celebration was extremely emotional. Even Vince McMahon went backstage to hug Eddie.

Royal Rumble 2005. Eddie steals Ric Flair's number for the Rumble (Eddie had #2, Flair had #30). Sadly, he'd give it back to Flair before the match.

So many more great moments, can't possibly list them all now.

Anytime Eddy cheated to win a match.

His Wrestlemania 20 match ending against Angle was great. His last match on SD! this week against Ken Kennedy was also another "clean" win by Eddy that got a smile out of me too. That bit with the chair was classic.

-Eddie yelling "GET 'EM!" to the rest of the LWO when Rey threw the shirt in his face at (I believe) World War 3 '98.

-Eddie dancing with Too Cool following a match during his heel turn with Chyna as his mamacita, bailing out of the ring to grab a chair/pipe (I forget which), and them unmercifully beating the hell out of Scotty and GM.

-The shrug he gave at Vengeance '03 when Rhyno GORE!GORE!GORE!'d Benoit before he covered him for the pin.

-The visual of Eddie and Benoit hugging, both men reduced to tears, as they hold the WWE and World titles respectively at the end of WMXX.

Guest BrokenWings

The Raw ladder match versus Rob Van Dam, as it was my first WWE show. How lucky I was.

And, of course, the WM moment with Benoit.

I agree with Sass, anytime Eddie cheated to win. His whole run from Los Guerreros to now was classic. Of course there are his amazing matches from the mid-90's with Rey and the like, but I think I'll best remember him for making me laugh these past couple of years.

yknow I dont think I can watch his brock match again due to brock yelling "die eddie, just die" when Eddie wouldnt give up. surreal now.

But I agree with alot of your moments.

Another one was on a sd after summerslam 00 before he and chyna broke up, backstage Chyna is mad at eddie, thinking he cared more about winning the ic belt than her, Eddy goes on a tirade asking how dare she question him when he gave up so much and his friends and all to be with her. She was in tears by the end. He even dropped the accent while yelling. Great moment, I taped it and watched it alot later on.

When he lowblowed Rhyno and then acted like he was hit low when the ref turned around, both guys fell to the ground holding their groins at the same time.

wm 20 match finish with angle grabbing the boot loose and Eddy rolling him up (and hooking the ropes for the hell of it)

his first wcw match that I saw on sat night vs Jushin Liger, winning with the frogsplash , I was amazed by the move.

Clash of the champions august 96 vs DDP for the battlebowl ring. Eddy comes out of nowhere to beat Page, shocked me well enough.

returning from injury in 97 and turning heel by costing Malenko the us title.

Making Chavo wear cheat 2 win shirts and the first family feud.

one more not well known, when the nWo laid out rey and company backstage at disney, Eddie asking Rey how many guys and Eddy telling Sting there were "4 ". I dont knwo what made me think of that, but there it is.

The Beatdown of Tajiri after they lost the tag titles, because Tajiri messed up his lowrider, to start the heel turn that wasnt cuz the fans still cheered him (along with the el paso SD ovation)

Spraying car wax in Benoits eyes .

Coming out in a lowrider for the frist time with chyna, and backlash 00 when he showed up "from the prom" and wrestled in his tuxedo pants and bowtie.

and one more for Eddy stealing Rics number (and wallet too) at the rumble (Eddy was no 1btw) Long makes Eddy give back number, then looks at him still and holds his hand out and goes come on, and eddy is all like "yea man slap me some skin" and hi fives him, before long insists and he reluctantly hands over the wallet. I wondered how did Long know?

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, I was there the night Eddie returned and attacked RVD. It was a huge surprise and a good portion of the crowd was chanting his name even though RVD was pretty over at the time.

Probably my all-time favorite would be his celebration after winning the title at No Way Out 04. Watching him grab the belt and then just randomly dive into the front row is great. As security helps him back up, his facial expression is priceless.

His celebration with Benoit at WM XX.

His entrance on the Smackdown after he won the belt.

Guest Ransome

Like everyone else has said, NWO 2004 and WM XX are my favourite Eddie moments, but that goes without saying.

Some other Eddie moments that other people haven't mentioned but which stick out in my mind:

- Eddie and the Rock dueling promo from their 2002 Raw match, and the 'People's Mullet'

- Eddie doing commentary on a 2002 Mr Perfect ('Senor Perfecto') match

- an April 2000 promo against Rikishi, he makes the the bolded part sound hilarious: "You know, as TRUE European champion - from Europe, of course - it would be a DISGRACE to this prestigious belt if it were to fall in the hands of an Islander from Samoa - I mean, where the HELL is Samoa, anyway? Do you know? I mean, does ANYBODY know? Well don't you worry, mamacita - he may be--HAVE the biggest ASS in the world but I have the biggest supply of Latino Heat in the world." (from CRZ)

- the intense heel promo circa June 2005 in the centre of the ring with Rey's mask

- the giant, Hogan-esque pops Eddie would get during 2003 when cheating during tag matches with Tajiri.

His match with Craig Pittman on Saturday Night. The match that got me hooked.

Halloween Havoc 97. My favorite match ever.

Winning the WWE title at No Way Out. A perfectly booked angle and feel-good victory... I got choked up when I watched it today, but I wanted to remember Eddie on top of the world.

The dual celebration with Benoit.

His overall work ethic and how he gave everything he had to entertain night in and night out.

His Wrestlemania 20 match ending against Angle was great.

Eddie mouthing "oh shit" was great.

My favorite Eddie skit was him stealing Ric Flair's number at the Royal Rumble draw. Anything was great when he cheated and flat out denied it even though he looked so guilty, but it was as if he was daring the other guy to do something to prove it.

-Chavo: "Look, Eddie, I'm CHEATING TO WIN!" Followed by Eddie looking freaked out.

-During the Eddie/Rey feud, Rey had just been beaten up (by MNM?), and was on the floor, reaching out to Eddie, begging, pleading for Eddie to help him, and Eddie was just slowly walking away, expressionless. Then, they do a shot of Rey on the big screen calling out for Eddie in the same camera shot as Eddie walking away. Just an awesome looking visual.

His WWE title victory over Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 2004 & the celebration with Beniot at the end of WrestleMania XX are by far my favorite Eddie moments. He had lots of great moments that I will forever remember but those 2 stand out the most for me.

Winning the mini-Rumble last January to determine the No. 1 contender for the title he eventually won.

It was one of those "too good to be true" moments, because the moment Angle was eliminated, everyone had a feeling that Eddie would be the next champion.