TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

PS3 controller not changing

The Expansion Pak could also be used with Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest, to improve the graphics.

YES I BOUGHT THE EXPANSION PAK FOR KEN GRIFFEY SLUGFEST. LEAVE ME ALONE

Guest Smues

You had to have the expansion pack to play zelda: majora's mask. And you either needed it for donkey kong or it enhanced it. (I only know that because my sister got the pack for donkey kong). Oh and you needed the pack if you wanted to use the create your own code thing on the game shark.

You can not play Donkey Kong 64, Legend of Zelda; Majora's mask, or Star Wars Rogue Squardon without a Expansion pak.....actually I take that back you could play Rogue Squardon without one, but the game was horrible without it. Really REALLY slow. Same goes with Perfect Dark, the expansion pak made Perfect Dark run smoother and allowed you to have more multiplayer bots. It wasn't something you needed for all the games but was something that improved the N64 that was good to have.

Apparently PS3 will play PS2 *and* PS1 games (although as mentioned you won't be able to directly use old data).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6136677.html

...that is, about as well as PS2s play PS1 games.

The EBgames I got my most recent N64 from installed the expansion pak. It's only a RAM expansion, and yes, many of the enhanced games are very framey.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness supports it for an enhanced "high resolution" mode. It looks cool but the choppy framerate makes low-res a better option.

What's wrong with the controller? It looks stupid but who gives a fuck what it looks like? It looks like it will be pretty comfortable to use, it's basically the PS2 controller except with longer handles. I don't get all the fuss over it.

The Expansion Pak could also be used with Ken Griffey Jr.'s Slugfest, to improve the graphics.

YES I BOUGHT THE EXPANSION PAK FOR KEN GRIFFEY SLUGFEST.  LEAVE ME ALONE

So did I.

IT COULD SAY MY F'N PLAYER'S NAME! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!

I cant believe Microsoft is charging $50 for their wireless controller when the Nintedo sold the Wavebird from the start for $30. The wavebird claims 20 feet, whereas the 360 claims 30 feet, but honestly is anyone really going to be 30 feet away from their XBox to utilize that distance? The 360 wireless controller also claims 30 hours between charges using the optional $12 rechargable battery pack, vs about $1 for 80+ hours on 2 AA batteries for the Wavebird..And Microsofts controller is bound to interfere with other 2.4 ghz stuff like cordless phones. And as a bonus, the Wavebird will work with the Revolution.

As for the PS3, Im convinced from the start that Sony is just subsidizing a cheap Blu Ray player to gain market share for the Blu Ray format so they can finally win a format war. I dont think the control design matters, although if it pisses enough people off, it could make a difference.

And I got the expansion pack for the N64...I got it with Donkey Kong.

I think Conkers Bad Fur Day used it as well.

YES I BOUGHT THE EXPANSION PAK FOR KEN GRIFFEY SLUGFEST.  LEAVE ME ALONE

So did I.

IT COULD SAY MY F'N PLAYER'S NAME! DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!

Thank God someone else understands.

Did it say your whole name? The game understood both my first and last name, so my create-a-slugger got a full intro each time at bat. Pretty awesome. That was, if not realistic, a really great, fun game.

The X-Box/PS3 debate wouldn't bother me if owning a Nintendo consoles alone still did the trick. But no 3rd party games means a second console is necessary...

And after the whole "rootkit" thing, trying to guage who to give support to in the coming generation based on which of those two monolithic corporations is less ethically bankrupt is becoming increasingly difficult. I guess it's like choosing the least offensive Presidential candidate of both major parties. Which makes Nintendo Nader, I suppose.

The X-Box/PS3 debate wouldn't bother me if owning a Nintendo consoles alone still did the trick.  But no 3rd party games means a second console is necessary...     

And after the whole "rootkit" thing, trying to guage who to give support to in the coming generation based on which of those two monolithic corporations is less ethically bankrupt is becoming increasingly difficult.  I guess it's like choosing the least offensive Presidential candidate of both major parties.  Which makes Nintendo Nader, I suppose.

Nintendo is the Ross Perot...

Crazy Rich little guy in the corner, although I dont think Nintendo does Charts...

::Reggie Fils-Aime comes out::

"Nintendo is making moves to innovate the gaming world and I would like to introduce the newest portable system, the DS-2 now with PDA functions!"

It actually looks much better than that honkin' huge piece of crap Alps Gamepad that obviously inspired it, as well as the 360's.

I've never been able to see the 2nd set of triggers pictured in any of the pictures for it, though. Are they directly under the top triggers? Under the controller? I can't tell.

The complete lack of compatibility with PS2 accessories, controllers, memory cards is still extremely annoying, however.

The "steering wheel" analogy is out of place, though. Most people I've seen drive with one hand. You aren't going to be holding the controller parallel to your body unless you're laying down, and you don't drive like that.

Well, except for Batman.

Guest Vitamin X

Y'know, after sitting in traffic after a long day out, the last thing I want to do is come home to place my hands on yet another fucking steering wheel.

Okay....

Grab a Dual Shock right quick. I know you have one. Like one in two households own a PS2.

Now, let it drop to the floor. Keep your hands still. Let them rest in that position.

Okay, now tilt your hands inward 45 degrees. UNNATURAL! Fuck Sony, and their propaganda. So they want to change the controller layout, fine. But don't lie about it. It's to look cool, not to be ergonomic. Otherwise, why deviate from a universally praised design?

Guest Vitamin X

You don't even need a controller to figure out it. Hold your hands out in front of you, and phantom how you'd hold the damn thing. It's just simply more comfortable to hold something with your hands being parallel than tilted inwards 45 degrees.

Wow, that controller is ugly, and seems uncomfortable at all, and people bitched about the X-Box buttons being too small, a thumb can hit all four buttons, and for larger people, probably hit either their index finger or the thumbstick.