TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Ok so here we go. The next generation starts now. Yay.

So who else is getting one? I am doing the midnight camp out tomorrow. Planning on getting Call of Duty 2, Quake IV and Perfect Dark Zero. All FPS games.

Guest Leelee

I'm pissed about it, because College Hoops 2k6 is coming out tomorrow. So, huge lines of people, and likely attitude from employees, for the 1 game I need to buy at release every year.

Fuckers.

Guest shaqaustin34

Ok the 360s big thing is HDTV. Like a review on nba 2k6 said that if you play on a HDTV then you will see the different but if you play on a regular tv you won't see a whole lot of differences. So can somebody explaing the HDTV thing to, because I want to now if the 360 is worth paying $300 for it.

Guest Leelee

$400. Don't bother buying the $300 system without the hard drive.

And I have no clue on HDTV.

Two of my friends and myself are going to camp out at our WalMart, which will open at 7am. I already bought an extra wireless controller. We were thinking about going to a Fred Meyers in Oregon which is like 25 minutes away (we live in California) so we wouldn't have to pay sales tax, but they're only getting 6 premiums.

I got mine pre-ordered, paid off, and its ready to be picked up on Tuesday. I'll be getting perfect dark, I might end up getting Call of Duty 2 or PGR 3 as well, I can't decide yet.

Two of my friends and myself are going to camp out at our WalMart, which will open at 7am.  I already bought an extra wireless controller.  We were thinking about going to a Fred Meyers in Oregon which is like 25 minutes away (we live in California) so we wouldn't have to pay sales tax, but they're only getting 6 premiums.

For the love of God, stay away from Medford.

I don't mind Medford too much. My girlfriend just moved back home from there. But it's like 2 hours from here. I live in Crescent City, was going to go to Brookings.

Guest Vitamin X

I really wish I could get one, but I'm looking for an HDTV and Pocket PC cell phone first. Hopefully by next spring or so, the price'll drop and they get a nice userbase installed by then.

Wow I guess I just don't pay attention. I didn't even know it was coming out.

Will the $400 version be available way later? Because some jackass tried to tell me you had to get it at launch or during the second wave b/c it was a "special offer" and after that you would be forced to get only $300 versions.

Will the $400 version be available way later?

Yes, there just aren't very many to go around for launch. Second shipments are rumored to be anywhere between a week after launch and January. But the premium ISN'T a limited edition thing. The only LE thing (I think) is the crappier version of the remote that comes with it. But I'm getting the bigger, better one anyways.

I'm not getting one yet. I can't afford it right now, since I've had to spend a lot of cash lately. I'll pay $400 for it, but I'm going to have to wait a couple months. I have more than enough games to tide me over as it is.

Will the $400 version be available way later? Because some jackass tried to tell me you had to get it at launch or during the second wave b/c it was a "special offer" and after that you would be forced to get only $300 versions.

There are a lot of rumors going around apprently. The 400 version best to my knowledge is going to be around for awhile. It's not a limited time offer. Through I wouldn't expect it to stay around for all that long.

It's funny the other day some kid called my work and had no idea what the 360 harddrive was for. He kept asking me if you could burn a game to the harddrive and never need the disc again to play that game. That it would be saved to the harddrive itself. I ended up telling him no, the harddrive is so you could save your game progres, music, and Xbox live stuff. He was still confused and didn't understand. I ended up asking him if he already owned a Xbox and he told me he did. So I told him, well does your Xbox harddrive save entire games? He said no, so I told well neither does the Xbox 360 harddrive. He then again asked me what the harddrive was for? I sware to you he wasn't joking. After a bit of repeating myself I got him off the phone.........he called back almost 3 hours later asking the same question.

There are a lot of rumors going around apprently. The 400 version best to my knowledge is going to be around for awhile. It's not a limited time offer. Through I wouldn't expect it to stay around for all that long.

It's funny the other day some kid called my work and had no idea what the 360 harddrive was for. He kept asking me if you could burn a game to the harddrive and never need the disc again to play that game. That it would be saved to the harddrive itself. I ended up telling him no, the harddrive is so you could save your game progres, music, and Xbox live stuff. He was still confused and didn't understand. I ended up asking him if he already owned a Xbox and he told me he did. So I told him, well does your Xbox harddrive save entire games? He said no, so I told well neither does the Xbox 360 harddrive. He then again asked me what the harddrive was for? I sware to you he wasn't joking. After a bit of repeating myself I got him off the phone.........he called back almost 3 hours later asking the same question.

Tell me about it! A grand total of 9 times in 23 minutes, these two kids, prolly 11 or 12 asked me and Duncan, the oither guy that I worked with that day, the difference between the bundles and what each and every item did. NINE TIMES!

Tell me about it! A grand total of 9 times in 23 minutes, these two kids, prolly 11 or 12 asked me and Duncan, the oither guy that I worked with that day, the difference between the bundles and what each and every item did. NINE TIMES!

Heh....you think that's bad, just imagine all the customers who are going to cancel their pre-order's fed up because they thought they were going to get theirs on Tuesday after we told them it'll be after the 2nd shipment. I'm going to hold back a lot of laughter at the customers who couldn't understand that and get mad at us.

Guest Leelee

You shouldn't laugh... if I pre-ordered one, and didn't get it until potentially Spring 2006, I'd be bitching up a storm too, even if it's not the store's fault.

As for me getting 360... later. The graphics of the demo didn't wow me. $430 + $65 games = too much. Paying that much for a console at release, is not a mistake I want to make. And if it breaks somehow during the 1st year, you're basically fucked.

You shouldn't laugh... if I pre-ordered one, and didn't get it until potentially Spring 2006, I'd be bitching up a storm too, even if it's not the store's fault.

As for me getting 360... later.  The graphics of the demo didn't wow me.  $430 + $65 games = too much.  Paying that much for a console at release, is not a mistake I want to make.  And if it breaks somehow during the 1st year, you're basically fucked.

The only thing limited about the 400 dollar premium is the media remote, it's definitely old news that they won't be offering the media remote after the initial launch window (like the first 2 months of the console) everything else should stay the same.

Guest Leelee

Yes, you can get the hard drive later for $100... but, you end up wasting more money doing so, as you get component cables, the remote, and headset with the $400 premium. Plus, the price of a memory card for early on. The HD is really necessary... need it to play XBox1 games, and if you go on Live, it's necessary for download content, demos, roster updates, etc...

Ok well then if I can get the $400 version in March or something then there's no way I'm killing myself to get it now.

But what is the media remote? Is that very important?

Guest Evolution

Not sure if all Targets are doing the same thing as the one in Davenport, but we have 16 360s and are giving out numbers to those that show up first when the store opens at 8 AM. We've already got a big sold out sign for when they all sell.

Guest Leelee
Ok well then if I can get the  $400 version in March or something then there's no way I'm killing myself to get it now.

But what is the media remote? Is that very important?

Just wait until PS3 comes out next year, if you can wait.

I'm sure MS will lower the 360 considerably, by then. Plus, potential problems may be solved by then. And, many games will be $20, instead of them all being $60.

How would a buyer fuck me over? If I don't receive a payment in 12 hours the item goes back on auction. The item also doesn't ship until you have the money in hand.

If anything it'd be a seller fucking someone over.

Not if we told you before you pre-ordered the system that you wouldn't be getting it on the first shipment. We told everyone who pre-ordered the system after the first shipment that they wouldn't be getting on the released date. Thats why I would laugh if they got mad.

Not if we told you before you pre-ordered the system that you wouldn't be getting it on the first shipment. We told everyone who pre-ordered the system after the first shipment that they wouldn't be getting on the released date. Thats why I would laugh if they got mad.

Nope, he's right. Having worked in retail for 9 years, people will take the opportunity to bitch at any given chance.

But you'd be in no way at fault, especially if you gave them forewarning.

I don't mind them bitching at me at all, I just tell them it's out of my hand, listen to that person complain about how it's not fair and whatnot. I'll still have a laugh. You might see that as a fucked up thing, but I see it as a "I told you before hand kinda thing so its pointless to complain to me." thing.

I was thinking of buying one to sell on Ebay..at least and easy $100 profit..and with it cold and pouring raining here all night, no ones camping out anywhere so theres a good chance I could get one if I wanted to.

Microsoft must hate me..Im the person they are targeting this thing to since I have an HDTV...but I dont want their piece of shit.

I'll buy a Revolution even if it isn't HD capable just because the GAMES will be better and not just the graphics. Hell, Id get a PS3 just because its a $400 Blu Ray player before Id spend $400 on a 360, which, for all its HD Hype, only does Component output HD. I guarantee they'll be selling a DVI/HDMI upgraded version of the 360 next Christmas..

Well this sucks. Both stores I was planning on going to had long lines at like 5 and not enough systems to go around. Looks like I am not getting one tonight. :(

Guest Vitamin X
I was thinking of buying one to sell on Ebay..at least and easy $100 profit..and with it cold and pouring raining here all night, no  ones camping out anywhere so theres a good chance I could get one if I wanted to.

Microsoft must hate me..Im the person they are targeting this thing to since I have an HDTV...but I dont want their piece of shit. 

I'll buy a Revolution even if it isn't HD capable just because the GAMES will be better and not just the graphics.  Hell, Id get a PS3 just because its a $400 Blu Ray player before Id spend $400 on a 360, which, for all its HD Hype, only does Component output HD.  I guarantee they'll be selling a DVI/HDMI upgraded version of the 360 next Christmas..

HD is so ridiculously overrated, it's not even funny.