TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Guest Leelee
$6Gs

The hits just keep on coming.

Kicking myself.

Both the ones you've posted looked fake, though...

Like the one before had someone raised it $2,000, 30 seconds after he originally bid.

I work at a Target... damn, people who want a system at launch day... are stupid. Get your 360 next year when NGBC comes out. Right now every single game except for about 3 or 4 are ports.

Quote:

"HD is so ridiculously overrated, it's not even funny."

Vitamin X, I pity those without an HDTV. Your silly claim is like saying that DVD quality is overrated when compared to an old grainy VHS.

It makes a huge difference.

Purchased. I'm not going to have it for a few weeks yet, no later than December 16th, but at least it's purchased. And I got a bundle at face value, meaning I can sell Madden and the shit I don't want on eBay for some returns. But $675 for a Premium box with 3 games and a controller is way, WAY better than $1200 for a Premium box alone.

And I've owned HDTV for over a year and while it no longer wows me like it used to, regular TV now looks so bad that I hate to watch anything other than the Daily Show in SD.

I fucked up today. I had to end up opening today to help sell the 360's we had. We had a line right as we opened. One of the kids in line was someone who pre-ordered there's on the cut off day for the first shipment, which made him #1 on the 2nd shipment. Well last night while working, my co-worker told me the kid was #2 on the first shipping list, which was backwards. He ment to tell me that the kid was #1 on the 2nd shipping list. So this morning when I saw the kid in line, I remembered what I was told and didn't double check. I just wanted to get the line moving. So I sold him a 360 and some other stuff. Well after the line went down, I checked the pre-order list to make sure everything was right. I noticed we had two pre-order people, one being myself and only one 400 system left. I went back and checked and realized what happen. I sold to a pre-order that wasn't suppose to get their's till the next shipment. So my manager asked me what I was going to do. Frustrated as all hell, I just told him I'm just gonna have to wait till the next shipment. So my 360 ended up going to someone else.

At the moment I have a choice, wait till either Thursday or next shipment. The other pre-order hasn't picked his up yet, I called him today and told him he had till Thursday to pick it up or it was going to another pre-order....myself. We're only suppose to hold them for 48 hours anyways, so I'm not trying to cheat him. I explained to him if he didn't pick it up by Thursday all was not lost because he would just become the first person on the 2nd shipment list., which is fair. He said he was going to get it as a Christmas present from his grandparents and thought he had a week to pick it up. I explained to him that Microsoft and Gamecrazy decided to hold systems for 48 hours then we have to move on because of the high demand, which is true. He said he would call and talk to his grandparents then call back. So now I'm at home waiting for the store to call me back. If he picks it up, I have a longer wait, if not then YAY!

Either way, it's better that it happens to my pre-order of the system because it was my mistake...sorta and not him because I could have gotten in trouble for selling someone's pre-order to another person. So now I'm waiting....keep your fingers crossed.

From another site:

"The list of problems with my 3 hour old xbox 360 launch console:

1. Wireless controller refuses to charge with the 'quick charge usb adapter'. It'll work plugged in, but not charge. I now have a $70 hardwired controlled.

2. The harddrive arm strikes something when the xbox is laid out sideways. I have to keep it vertically to stop the clicking noise during read/write.

3. The little door that covers the USB ports broke after 5 openings. MS customer service said they don't have any 360 parts in their database yet but they'll call me when they do.

4. The media linkup refuses to recognize anything plugged into it. ipod, psp, thumbdrive, etc. I've heard other reports along these lines and I think a good chunk of launch units have lower-grade USB controllers then others.

5. It refuses to recognize my media center PC. Via hardwired network, Wi-fi network, or even direct crossover ethernet connection. MS tech support said they just opened a ticket for this issue and will call me back."

This is not an isolated incident, btw. I've seen this posted at least 30-40 times. I know someone who has problems.

After less than a day they have already fucked up.

You shouldn't laugh... if I pre-ordered one, and didn't get it until potentially Spring 2006, I'd be bitching up a storm too, even if it's not the store's fault.

Not if we told you before you pre-ordered the system that you wouldn't be getting it on the first shipment. We told everyone who pre-ordered the system after the first shipment that they wouldn't be getting on the released date. Thats why I would laugh if they got mad.

Nope, he's right. Having worked in retail for 9 years, people will take the opportunity to bitch at any given chance.

But you'd be in no way at fault, especially if you gave them forewarning.

Correct on both counts. I went through this with the launches of the PS1 and the N64, and to a lesser extent, the Saturn.

Guest Leelee

It must be worse working in a game store like EB. My cousin called me long-distance, just to bitch. :P

I jsut had a chance to buy a Core console which are selling for more than double their $300 tag on Ebay, but I wasn't allowed to at the store I work at. Damn, damn, damn, damn.

An interesting dispute last night in front of the aforementioned "other city Walmart".

A communication breakdown between our store manager and the overnite leader resulted in Geoff, the overnight guy(who's a cunt at the best of times anyway) handing out tickets early, at closing(10 pm) last night unbeknownst to store manager Dave.

When someone came at 730 am to wait, they received no ticket. 10 pm guy shows up and says "you need a ticket". 730 guy says "Thats not what Dave told me".

Fist fight ensuses.

Two other 730ish arrivals are frightened off by this legit brawl.

The two taker-offers don't come back. I get this relayed to me in a phone call at about 1030 am. And I freakin haul ass there on my lunch break.

Irregardless, I still need the hard drive, which we're expecting by the weekend(gravy, since I can't afford it now anyway).

Apparently PGR3 is crashing for some people as well.

"OOH. Look at the nice..

*CRASH..REBOOT*

Graphics.."

Sounds like fun. Id be pissed if I spent big money on one of these to have it do that, but the cardinal rule of consoles is the first few probably arent the best..

I hope people realize that they have a 90 day microsoft warrenty. Another mishap I heard happen today happen to a Madden game. A customer who bought his 360 this morning had it standing upright with Madden in it. Apprently the system put rings on his Madden disc. Just in case for anyone else, I recommand just laying it down is anyone asks.

Guest Vitamin X

That doesn't surprise me. Same thing happened with PS2. I have no idea what people's fascination is with having a system be vertical.

Quote:

"HD is so ridiculously overrated, it's not even funny."

Vitamin X, I pity those without an HDTV.  Your silly claim is like saying that DVD quality is overrated when compared to an old grainy VHS.

It makes a huge difference.

it doesn't happen often, but I agree with this man...

So in a relatd update to my Xbox 360 sitution. I guess the other guy who pre-ordered his system never called the store back yesterday and never got his Xbox. He has today to pick it up. So it's still a 50/50 for me getting one at the moment. What sucks is I have to close tonight so I might just end up selling it to him if he comes in. I'm going to be paranoid about it all night long. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Anyone else getting inundated with spam e-mail offering to give you a FREE Xbox 360? Gee, they want to give it to me free? Wow, what nice people. Happens everytime a new version of the iPod comes out too.

Guest Leelee

That will never happen because most gamers are technology nuts that must have every new gadget.

I don't understand why people want a system right away at launch. Aside from the aforementioned bugs and glitches, it is more expensive than it will be in usually six months time, and there are few games. I don't understand why so many people get sucked into the hype. It's not like there aren't plenty of good games to play or coming out for the systems you already have...

Guest Leelee

Plus, and maybe it's just me, the graphical improvements aren't enough to warrant buying a new console right away. The XBox looks great already... and the 360 does look better, with most games... but, it doesn't WOW me, to where I must get it now. Unlike the step from SNES to N64.