TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Rate my Collection? So they like feel better about themselves if people approve their game collection?

Yeah I know what you guys mean about people that NEED the new thing out there. I have this douche-bag in my spanish class that has to have everything new.

He bought an IPod. Then they came out with the 40GB one. He decided he had to have it. Then they came out with the mini and he bought it. Then he was talking in class the other day about how his IPod Nano was being delivered.

I asked him why he needed so many IPods and he said that he refused to be seen with something old and out of date.

Does he have the new Ipod Video..and you should tell him about the rumored new Nanos coming out early next year as well. I bet he'll love that.

Anyway..Im trying to figure out what rushing the launch to have it out by the holidays and before the PS3 has accomplished for Microsoft.

1 - shortage of units. I've heard some stores aren't getting any more consoles for the rest of the year, and it will be next year before a lot of stores get any more at all, and MARCH before most stores see a steady flow of systems that wont sell out at first sight. Hmm..when's the PS3 rumored PS3 launch window?? MARCH!

2 - an atypical amount of 360's with problems. If even the 7% is right, thats way higher than the 2% companies shoot for. I dont think Microsoft did much "real world testing" with the 360 before they released it, which probably would have led them to figure out most people stash their electronic stuff in areas where it they get a lot of air ventilation. I know I pulled the back of my entertainment stand out to keep the air flowing to my HD-Directivo because of all the over heating problems it supposedly has..but how many people are willing to do that?

3 - negative word of mouth over shortages and console problems > positive word of mouth over how great the system is. What good is positive word of mouth "____ is the best game ever!" if no one can get a 360 to play it, it just sounds like bragging "Ive got a 360 and you dont..ha ha".

4 - stores are going to have problems keeping sections of their stores devoted to 360 games/accessories. I cant see them making much more money selling these things through the holidays, and stores need to be selling stuff, not just watching it sit and collect dust.

The shortage isn't going to be that bad. I know at least Meijer and Best Buy are going to get weekly shipments. If a crappy store like Meijer is then EB, Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart and the other big stores should get a bunch of shipments too. MS is planning on selling 3 million by the end of the year. They must know they can get those out there.

There is no way they are getting 3 million units sold by December 31st, especially with no killer app than everyone MUST get. I have seen the games out for it, and there is nothing that generates even half the buzz that Halo did for the first X-Box.

Not to mention that I simply do not believe that they have that many units built, or can have that number built in 30 days.

Money isn;t an issue for you Anya, but it is for the other 85-90% of gamers. Unless a game comes out that knocks me on my ass and makes me want to walk into a store and buy a 360 and that game, I am going to wait at least a year. The same goes for the PS3 when its released in March.

Yeah but that's you. Obviously people ARE interested and there is a buzz...we're talking about how they're all sold out. There should be no doubt that they will sell almost every unit they get to stores this year.

Apprently Microsoft wants to put out weekly shipments, when they want to start doing that I don't know. I mainly question how many systems are going to be in these weekly shipments. My store still has a large amount of pre-orders to fill. So I"m curious on how fast I'll be able to fill the pre-orders.

I don't think the PS3 coming in March, or any time in 2006. Blu-ray is not ready, and companies dropping out of supporting it is becoming the scary rumor. They don't even know what the controller is going to look like. There are issues with developers not wanting to buy super expensive dev-kits, which is the big thing because that means no launch titles. Don't know how they plan to top Xbox live without some serious beta testing which would take months.

In short, there are too many problems with the PS3 to be ready in 4 months.

I think the "shortage" is a lot of hype.

EB in Niagara Falls, ONT, told me yesterday there's a shipment of 45 coming in early December, and then regular shipments in January.

Even if that's not entirely accurate. I still think this shortage isnt as dire as we're being led to believe.

Guest Leelee

Some dork makes a site on IGN that has all 1000 of his games. Some of them even takes pics of said games, in all their cases. Stay away from these people.

Nobody told me what "rate my collection" threads are. I want to know if it's as bad as I think it is.

Basically two types:

1. Is a list of games that get responses like "4/10 you need to go buy this game" with people stating that said collection sux cause it does not have specific exclusives or any rare games

2. Pics of a game library that is so massive that it takes up the whole house

Its pointless post whoring with little content

Do these people actually run out and buy new games because someone tells them that they do not have a good collection?

Do they try and impress girls with the collection?

Guest Leelee

Yes.

And some will even buy some little known Japanese game online for $100, and not even open it.

Guest Leelee
Well you're a girl(or so you claim) so does it impress you when you go to a dude's house and he has a big, long, huge.......video game collection?

I've never met one of these types in real life.

Having a nice amount of games would get my interest, though... since, I'm a gamer.

But, just buying games to show them off... then, you might as well be dead already.

Well you're a girl(or so you claim) so does it impress you when you go to a dude's house and he has a big, long, huge.......video game collection?

yes!

Guest Leelee

They cut down the courses in TW2006 even more? Yeesh.

The TW series is always better on PC, anyway. They make the console games so easy that chimps can birdie every hole.

yes!

??? Even if he obviously shouldn't be spending the money on these games? Or he doesn't even use them and just has them to show off?

Seems like a waste of money.

If you have the kind of stuff that would impress me I don't think it would be just for show or you were short on money.

It shows they're dedicated to the same hobby as me. Doesn't mean I want to marry them.

Unless they had something like Primal Rage 2, Wavenet Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or Tattoo Assassins. :wub:

They cut down the courses in TW2006 even more?  Yeesh.

The TW series is always better on PC, anyway.  They make the console games so easy that chimps can birdie every hole.

I recall PC having lots more courses and a President's Cup mode, something which I've been pleading for years to appear on console mode.

Highlights from the launch include:

- A 17-year-old being robbed of his newly acquired 360 outside the store.

- An EB Games being involved in an armed robbery for two 360s.

- Several reported fist-fights at various stores.

Dem video gaming nerds be some fiesty ones.

I laughed watching a report of a store being robbed of all the xboxes , the guy pointed a gun and asked only for the consoles. and cut to a shot of several 20 something guys lookign like theyre about to cry as if they were 5 year olds who woke up to no presents on Xmas morning

and perosnally I dont know if ill ever buy this system as I dont have an orignal xbox. I thought Id wait for PS3.

Guest Leelee
They cut down the courses in TW2006 even more?  Yeesh.

The TW series is always better on PC, anyway.  They make the console games so easy that chimps can birdie every hole.

I recall PC having lots more courses and a President's Cup mode, something which I've been pleading for years to appear on console mode.

President's Cup mode was only in like 2003, though... and it was bugged pretty badly.

Also on PC, you can download any number of created courses you like.

I'd cry if I finally found a 360 and someone stole it.

SOrry Anya I was just saying it looked funny seeing a grown man looking that sad on televsion over a video game (of course Id have the same look If something I wanted wasnt there or if someone stole my game or video collections)

Im a hypocrite I get it