TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Guest Leelee

If someone stole a $400 piece of equipment from me, there wouldn't be tears, there would be death.

If someone stole a $400 piece of equipment from me, there wouldn't be tears, there would be death.

FWIW, I had my launch purple Gamecube stolen along with Super Monkey Ball (the game I had in it at the time). I was pissed..but I wasn't able to do anything about it besides go buy a new one.

I also had my original Game Boy stolen along with about 20 games. the cops eventually caught the guy that had been stealing stuff in the neighborhood, and no one owned up to owning all the GB stuff he stole, so I got my GB and games back along with a whole bunch of accessories and about 15 more games. Too bad the idiot fucked up the Game Boy itself and it didn't work anymore after I got it back. Coincidentally this was around the time they released the Game Boy pocket, but I never bought a replacement.

The Fight Night Round 3 demo is up for download now in the marketplace. Go, go, go!

I'll post again when my download finishes, and when I play it a few times.

One word - WOW

Don't get me wrong, Madden and CoD2 look fantastic on the 360, two of the best looking games I've ever seen, but FN3 is truly, honest to God, what people mean when saying "next-gen". It is as if you are in control of an actual CGI film or something, it's unreal.

The demo plays fine to me, but I'm sure everything will be touched up for the final release. All in all, this demo totally sold me on the final game, no questions asked.

I don't really know what else to say other than that I'm simply blown away right now, big time. I can't imagine how it looks in HD.

When are the next Xbox's going to ship? I keep going online to Bestbuy and Gamestop and they say sold out.

We've been getting them sporadically at my Wal-Mart, 2 or 3 at a time, maybe once every other week or three times a month.

The rumour now is mid February for the next big shipment.

This may have been answered already, but a search on the subject yielded no results.

As most probably know, a Japanese 360 premium system can be had for $430 US on Liksang.com. This seems like a pretty good deal, especially since it would mean I'd actually have a 360. I have 2 questions, however:

1) Is there a way to play US games on Japanese systems as of this time?

2) Will American peripherals work on Japanese systems?

If the answers to those questions are "yes", I'll likely be buying a 360 sooner rather than later.

Maybe the following will help some of you. It is an awesome tool, and it seems to work perfectly as far as I can tell. I've been testing it over hte past few days:

http://untitlednet.com/

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=409153

Hey guys. I know most of you guys dont have your 360 yet. And after reading post on how BestBuy silently restocks their 360 inventory, I first thought I could use one of those freeware apps like yURL to monitor the page. But BB's site uses cookies and blah blah... so I made my own tool and decided to share it with you guys.

It's simple and sits in the tray. It checks your local BestBuy's at an interval you choose, and alerts you with a balloon, and if you want, on your cell phone.

This release doesn't include the sms messaging, but i'm working on that now.

Test it out for me, let me if there are any probs, and I'll try to work out any kinks and release new versions.

Comments are welcomed ;)

anyhoo, download it here: XBOX360BB 0.5

The application REQUIRES the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 runtime, download that HERE .

Visit my new blog for updated releases and more info: http://untitlednet.blogspot.com/

xbox360bbscreen.0.jpg

Oh and btw, this tool wasn't "that" simple to make. So if you find it useful or if it scored you an XBOX 360, it'll be nice of you to make a small donation on my new blog. http://untitlednet.blogspot.com/

I have 2 questions, however:

1) Is there a way to play US games on Japanese systems as of this time?

2) Will American peripherals work on Japanese systems?

If the answers to those questions are "yes", I'll likely be buying a 360 sooner rather than later.

1) A definite no.

2) Controllers I believe so. Rest would depend, I guess.

There are a few US games that are playable on Japanese 360 systems:

-Call of Duty 2 US

-Condemned: Criminal Origins US

-Gun US

-Quake 4 US

-Tony Hawks : American Wasteland US

Check out this link:

http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?t=9766

I sure as hell wish that I could play Wrestle Kingdom. Check out the images and videos of this Japanese westling game. It looks fantastic:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/761/761579.html

I just bought a big 900 dollar 6 game bundle from Walmart. I really only wanted 4 games but whatever. I am just sick of looking.

So how are people liking their 360's?

I don't have one, but I watched a fair amount of my friend's, and I have this much to say:

While fight night looks quite good, it doesn't move nearly as fluidly as it could. It just feels like it's a million beautiful stills, but in motion, except for rediculous mini-mini-movies when players get knocked down, it's too choppy. Similarly, the gameplay wasn't all that.

But I DID see a game that blew my mind, graphically. That game? Geometry Wars. Good freakin' lord...

Guest Vitamin X
I just bought a big 900 dollar 6 game bundle from Walmart. I really only wanted 4 games but whatever. I am just sick of looking.

Yeah I saw the deal at the Walmart site. Looks pretty good, I think I might go for it with my tax return...

If I had a lot more disposable income, I'd do that and exchange whichever games I didn't want, but I couldn't bear to part with nearly $1,000 when I know I'll be able to get a system in a month and a half at the latest. I felt guilty even paying $80 for Guitar Hero, great as it is. I hope you guys enjoy your systems, though. There are some really enjoyable games out there.

Fight Night Round 3 is perfectly fine when you actually learn how to play it. It's very slow at first, and doesn't seem like much, but once you sit down with it and get into it, you get a feel for how to fight and you can start blasting away punching very fast.

I'm sure the speed will be picked up, at least a little bit, for the final version of the game.

I've completed all of the achievements for Madden 06 (I cheated and simulated most of the 30 season thing), but I haven't went online with that yet. I beat CoD2 on the default difficulty setting, and just started going through it on the veteran setting, which is an absolute bitch, but it's very fun.

I bought PG3, but I don't really know why. I don't really like normal racing games like this, so it's really a waste with me. It was an impulse buy just because it was one of the cheaper games, and I wanted something else to play on the system. I'll more than likely trade that game pretty soon. Any of you guys up for a trade for that one?

Geometry Wars rules though, that's one insane game. I bought the full version and did the 100,000 points and the 60 seconds without shooting achievements pretty quickly, but I seriously suck at that game.

Now I'm just waiting for the next wave of games. I might end up buying Kameo for cheap, but other than that, there really isn't anything else I want to own right now.

The system is worth buying, obviously, but there isn't really a reason to be in a rush to own one right now. Don't do something crazy out of impulse, and wait a month or two for the next wave of games. To me, the premium system is also the only way to go. To get all that you can out of the 360, you need the wireless controller, hard drive, and everything else. That's my advice.

Ok, so Madden ended up pissing me off big time. It turns out that if you are doing a season with injuries turned on, when you get to the Jets/Patriots game, you can not simulate it at all if the Jets have too many injured players by that game. I think it was week 12 or 13 or so, I don't remember. Anyway, since you couldn't sim that game, I could not continue playing my game with the Panthers, which is absolute bullshit.

I ended up starting over, and simulated all of the games to get to the playoffs. I played all of my games there, and won the Super Bowl with the Panthers. At that point I had completed all of the acheivements except for the 30 year franchise. Since I had already made my mind up to unload this game because of all of the glitches, lack of modes, subpar gameplay and everything else, I just simulated 30 seasons to unlock the points, just for the hell of it.

I took the game back to Best Buy with my receipt, and exchanged it for an unsealed copy. Then I went to WalMart across the street and simply asked if I could exchange return that game. They said ok, and they gave me the money back on a gift card. I went to the back of the store and used the card to pick up DOA4.

I get home, start playing it, then it hits me that I hate fighting games for some reason. I buy a new one every two or three years, thinking that I'll eventually start to love the genre, but it just never happens.

I then take that game back to WalMart, unsealed but with the receipt, and simply ask if I can return it. They once again give me the money back on a gift card, and I go to the back of the store and use that gift card for Condemned.

I can not wait until he next wave of games. After my returns and all of that bullshit, I have now pretty much played all of the games I've had any interest in at all. I might pick up PD0 used from someone, but that would be it. I haven't actually played Condemned yet, other than the demo, but since I loved the demo I think I'll stick with that one until the next wave.

Truth be told, I've been playing that more than anything else ever since I bought the full version. :)

I suck at it though, big time. I can't imagine ever hitting a score like 12million, or whatever the #1 score is now.

I just hooked up my brand new 360 and put in DOA4. 30 seconds into the game it crashed. Unbelievable. After all the waiting and looking for a system.

Great way to begin the next generation of gaming.

It completly locked up. Had to reset. It locked up again. It's locked up 4 times now. Can't play more than 4 fights.

I don't see the date.

Already called MS. They're going to fix it for free. Whatever, now I have to wait even longer. What a diaster.

Well look at it this way Anya, Microsoft is at least taking care of you. Its not like Sony who try and give people the run around. Isn't Microsoft going to also do overnight shipping for you as well?

And I was wondering is anyone doing the best test for the 360 version of Final Fantasy XI?