TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Yeah, overnight shipping. It's still disappointing though. I didn't even get an apologly from the guy on the phone.

How would you rate your Microsoft customer service experience then, Anya?

BTW, anybody with 360s--keep them horizontal, and never so much as such them vertically unless you have a stand.

At a EB some folks had ring 'round the disc and had a ruined 360 game. The guy at the counter exchanged the disc but recommended horizontal usage.

It depends on how fast they get it back. The guy on the phone seemed bored and uninterested but that is just one employee. They're fixing it and apparently doing it fast. Can't really ask for much more.

I wouldn't even think about setting my 360, or any other system, straight up.

And for the love of God, if any of you do decide to stand your 360 straight up, do not stand it up and sit it back down with a disc in the tray. That is how the majority of morons have been getting scratched discs.

I have the disc for XI, but it's a pain to set up.

Yeah it is. It took me close to 2 hours to get the beta put into my system. It was a pain in the ass it really was. Luckly I watched tv while it was doing everyhing.

I had my 360 up at first but it tipped over in like 30 seconds.

I am still shocked about it being broke. I guess it's really not that big of a deal. A lot of electronic stuff must be defective. I just never expected mine would be one of them. The way it happened was so weird. I was talking to Andrew at the time ranting about DOA 4 not meeting my standards for what next gen gaming should be and it just crashes. It couldn't have been more comical timing.

Sounds like the guy taking the call should have handled it better. But he may have taken like 100 calls like that during the week, so that could get a bit tiring.

Also, yeah--it's amazing how well you took it.

One moment she's saying that the select screen pictures are *exactly* the same as in DoA3. Then when she enters practice mode, is puzzled that "this is next gen?", about 30 seconds later she tells me it locked up.

I suggested resetting--maybe just a fluke.

Then it happens again. Oy. Doesn't seem to be a problem with other games so far, but likely it would keep happening if left go.

She was practically laughing at the situation though.

It takes a lot to get me really angry.

I was reading old replies to this thread and it's funny seeing me defend the rumors of broken 360's and buying systems at launch.

I do like the controller though. I never did get the S controller so playing on a XBox pad that isn't gigantic is nice. The system itself looks cool too.

Play more Geometry Wars.

And, for an actual reply, SHAME!

Shame on someone with a Cassie (?) avatar playing DoA anything.

Guest Princess Leena
I never did get the S controller so playing on a XBox pad that isn't gigantic is nice.

I feel for you.

That massive controller was far too big for my giant hands.

Shame on someone with a Cassie (?) avatar playing DoA anything.

Yeah but in my defense I've spent more time making fun of it than wanting to play it and when the 360 arrived in the mail instead of immediatly hooking it up and playing it I left for the arcade and didn't open it till the evening. Playing SC2/T5 was more important to me than the brand new console.

I've been looking around, and it looks like a lot of people have had DOA4 fuck up their systems.

How exactly can a game create problems for the system itself?

I've heard people saying some Fight Night demo started making their system freeze.

DOA4 doesn't even freeze when the game is loading something. It seems to be completely random.

The only time that I've had any freeze of any kind, was in Madden, and that only happened when I'd keep it on pause for a really long time.

Ugh, I can't wait until the next wave of games. I'm actually holding off on starting Condemned because I don't want to beat it right away, so I'll have something to play.

It's back to the DS and Guitar for a while I guess.

Well, those and Geometry Wars. :)

Condemned is probably my most anticipated game to play. Looks like it has great atmosphere.

Reads testimony of freezings...

*adds another year to Estimated Buying Time*

I swear, once you have games fucking up the hardware, I'm seeing less and less differences between Consoles and PC. Not to MENTION the price of games.

Had mine since opening day and been putting it through some severe paces (including obnoxious cats who like laying on it 'cause it's warm) and have had it freeze up precisely once. No other problems with it. But I guess people like hearing about problems more than success stories.

Well yeah. Nobody is going to post "I just got my 360.....and it's working great!", they're going to be talking about how they like the games.

Watching a vid of Geometry wars isn't close unless you get an amazingly high quality one.

My computer, for one, simply cannot attempt to show the black holes with any detail.

If you can't even see the blue grid in the background, why see the video??

How many cats at one time? I'm guessing 2 can fit on it, easily.

The kitten's scared of it. The older one loves it though. He's a pretty big short hair (probably about 12-15 lbs.) so he kind of just sprawls all over it. Takes up most of the 'Box.

As for Rumble Roses, I don't know. I'm still afraid it's going to devolve into a jiggle fest complete with mud wrestling level. I'll wait for them to export Wrestle Kingdom or something.