TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Has anybody heard of any good deals on 360's? I've got an Xbox and a PS2 to trade in but the PS2 system has been opened and the warranty voided.

Has anybody heard of any good deals on 360's? I've got an Xbox and a PS2 to trade in but the PS2 system has been opened and the warranty voided.

If it works it shouldn't matter for a trade in. Whomever would end up with your system has no warranty save for what the retailer offers, anyway.

A while back when EB/Gamestops were taking trade ins on broken PS2s for refurbishing, I gave them a phat one that was opened and previously had a flip-top lid installed. They took it anyway and gave me the appropriate credit.

Has anyone played the Crackdown demo? This game is awesome!!!

Personally, I'm not sure what I think of the game. Playing it, it seems alright, but not really something I'm interested in, especially with the gang thing going on, which I'm sort of tired of, after GTA, and recently beating Saint's Row. It seems like more of a 20 dollar bin game (or in this case, 30 I guess) then me wnating to drop 60 on it. Which is what I guess the price is...

But then...at the same time, sitting in class today, I just couldn't help but think 'Man, I can't wait to go back to the room...and jump over some buildings'. Ha, weird thought, but it's the truth. So I don't know. Seems like a Mediocre game, but with bells and whistles (Like the superjumping) that warrant it as a buy.

I will say, I really hate the driving system. Maybe just because you start on level 1 driving, and it gets better as you go, but the handling when you start the demo sucks.

Personally, I'm not sure what I think of the game. Playing it, it seems alright, but not really something I'm interested in, especially with the gang thing going on, which I'm sort of tired of, after GTA, and recently beating Saint's Row. It seems like more of a 20 dollar bin game (or in this case, 30 I guess) then me wnating to drop 60 on it. Which is what I guess the price is...

But then...at the same time, sitting in class today, I just couldn't help but think 'Man, I can't wait to go back to the room...and jump over some buildings'. Ha, weird thought, but it's the truth. So I don't know. Seems like a Mediocre game, but with bells and whistles (Like the superjumping) that warrant it as a buy.

I will say, I really hate the driving system. Maybe just because you start on level 1 driving, and it gets better as you go, but the handling when you start the demo sucks.

I just like leveling up different attributes and seeing a major difference when you do. I also think that the online single player co-op is cool, I also like how you can lock onto targets and shoot at legs/arms/chest/head without much trouble. GTA was always a pain to aim that well, this game does it with ease. I also like how you actually see a difference in the city as you clean it up with less gang members the more you reclaim the city.

I just like leveling up different attributes and seeing a major difference when you do. I also think that the online single player co-op is cool, I also like how you can lock onto targets and shoot at legs/arms/chest/head without much trouble. GTA was always a pain to aim that well, this game does it with ease. I also like how you actually see a difference in the city as you clean it up with less gang members the more you reclaim the city.

I agree with the first time. Everytime i've played, I've gotten a different attribute to as much as I could, and that is fun. Especially explosives, and strength, and agility being the best of course.

I don't agree with the aim part though (and I've seen others complain as well) One, and this is just me personally, I don't get the point of shooting them in the arm/leg...all it does is take longer then body/head. Unless there's a boss, or some enemies where you have to take those out first, I don't see the point. And when I do aim at the head, Only about 1 out of every four shots hit. I assume that would be different with a higher level firearm skill, but yea. But what I really don't like, is that when I try to lock on someone, it never locks on to the best option. A group of three guys will be running up on me, and it will target a car (An agency car at that) like 100 ft down the road. So thats sort of annoying, but it's not that bad.

Overall, after playing a few more times, it is a good game, and multiplayer should be fun of course. So this'll get a buy from me...when the price goes down.

I waited for 2 hours and only had 20% of the demo downloaded. Fucking Live Marketplace.

Holy shit...I take it it depends on your internet connection?

Because I downloaded here at school, and I swear it took less then 10 minutes to complete. And I've seen a few other people say certain downloads took hours..so wow. Never realized my school's connection was so fast.

Anyone have the wireless connection for the 360?

And if so how easy is it to set up to your wireless network?

I have it and it's easy to setup.

Does anyone know if the 360 will work with wireless adapters besides the official X-Box one (that retails for $99)?

I agree with the first time. Everytime i've played, I've gotten a different attribute to as much as I could, and that is fun. Especially explosives, and strength, and agility being the best of course.

I don't agree with the aim part though (and I've seen others complain as well) One, and this is just me personally, I don't get the point of shooting them in the arm/leg...all it does is take longer then body/head. Unless there's a boss, or some enemies where you have to take those out first, I don't see the point. And when I do aim at the head, Only about 1 out of every four shots hit. I assume that would be different with a higher level firearm skill, but yea. But what I really don't like, is that when I try to lock on someone, it never locks on to the best option. A group of three guys will be running up on me, and it will target a car (An agency car at that) like 100 ft down the road. So thats sort of annoying, but it's not that bad.

Overall, after playing a few more times, it is a good game, and multiplayer should be fun of course. So this'll get a buy from me...when the price goes down.

Well I don't shoot the arm much, but that will disarm your enemy. I really like to throw a grendade at a gang car (right after they get out) and then target the thugs legs and take them out. That way they get hit with the blast. It's fun systematically taking someone down with a couple shots and then stomping them to death. Also it helps if you're low on ammo, they take a while to get back up when you hit the legs.

One fun thing to do is stand by the freeway and target incoming traffic's tires, if you hit a car going fast or hitting a turn, taking out the tires will get them to crash or roll their car nicely.

Just got Gears of War through GameFly and beat in like 8 straight hours. I dont think ive ever played a game for that long and all the way through.

It was fun.

So, as I somewhat expected, I received notification that my Live account could not be charged to the credit card that it was supposedly renewed on, since the card was canceled a while back.

My qustion is this: What is the best deal on the Live Vision Camera w/12 month card?

Anyone has played Lost Planet yet?

Supposedly this is a good game, but I have yet to hear any feedback on it, other than review ratings.

Don't have Xbox Live

You still using dial up?

No.

I really don't have a keen interest in online gaming.

I don't online gaming either, but you get a Live Silver account for free and you can download the demos with that. You have to wait longer than the people that pay but I could care less.

I get online like once every 2 months to check out demos or download updates and such for games I own. It really is worth the time.

Plus I don't have one of those wireless connections for the Xbox. I really don't want to move stuff just for being online for ten minutes.

Plus I don't have one of those wireless connections for the Xbox. I really don't want to move stuff just for being online for ten minutes.

My 360 started fucking up several weeks ago. I can hear the sound but I can't see the game/DVD on the screen. I don't know what's up with that.

Has there ever been a console with as many technical problems as the 360? Every day, I seem to deal with customer after customer whose 360s have turned into $500 paperweights for no reason. Add to that the recall on the copies of Ghost Recon that the common platinum package ships with, and you've got a situation that would be laughable if it wasn't so infuriating.

This rumoured redesign is gonna go over REAL well with all the folks who blew hundreds of dollars on the first version.

Has there ever been a console with as many technical problems as the 360? Every day, I seem to deal with customer after customer whose 360s have turned into $500 paperweights for no reason. Add to that the recall on the copies of Ghost Recon that the common platinum package ships with, and you've got a situation that would be laughable if it wasn't so infuriating.

This rumoured redesign is gonna go over REAL well with all the folks who blew hundreds of dollars on the first version.

PlayStation 2.

PlayStation 2.

Checkmate?