TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Guest Smues
Tmnt-box.jpg

This game coming soon for the Virtual Console >>> any other Turtles game.

That game is seriously coming out for VC soon? Wow.

Wow. That's going to bring back a LOT of childhood pain for a lot of people. Christ that game was hard for a kid. I was the envy of my friends for just getting to Shredder once. I think it took me six months to be able to beat that stupid underwater bomb shit in the 2nd level consistantly.

Fucking super Mouser beat me and I never played the first one again. Fuck that game right in the fucking ear.

Yeah, it gets unfairly crapped on because of it's insane difficultly level, even though it's simple compared to say, BattleToads. I've never personally got past the third level without savestates before, but I still enjoy it way more than the generic beat-em-ups that came out afterwards. Maybe because the first game actually stayed true the comic and not based on the crappy cartoon.

Yeah, it gets unfairly crapped on because of it's insane difficultly level, even though it's simple compared to say, BattleToads. I've never personally got past the third level without savestates before, but I still enjoy it way more than the generic beat-em-ups that came out afterwards. Maybe because the first game actually stayed true the comic and not based on the crappy cartoon.

BAN PLZ. I don't enjoy a new member crapping on my childhood.

Guest Smues

Downloaded TMNT arcade game last night. Now they need to release Turtles in Time, The Simpsons Arcade, and X-men Arcade and I'll be set for life.

WOO HOO! According to GameSpot, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is next week's arcade release at a cost of 800 points. Can't wait.

You can't say its unfairly crapped on because there was a harder game. Thats like saying its unfair to harp on John Wayne Gacy because Ted Bundy killed more people. The turtle game wasn't just hard. It was cheap at times to make you take hits and take lives. Cheap is not the same as hard.

Gears of War on Insane...hard. I have died like 50 times at one spot but not once can I say it was cheap. Turtles...cheap.

You know, this is really dangerous for Sony. It's not simply the fact that big games like DMC4 are being ported to 360. It's that it doesn't make any financial sense for a company to produce a title exclusively for PS3.

Sony's big advantage was always that they had the most games. Through having the most games, they also had the largest share of the best games. (Not to say that quantity always equals quality, but when you have all the top publishers producing their "A" titles for your system, you're going to have the best games.) But without that advantage, they are screwed.

Exclusivity has never made sense for big, 3rd party companies, unless they were getting fat contracts that would off-set the sales they would have made if the game was multi-platform. I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to start crumbling. It'd be nice if every game were multi-platform, but that won't be happening anytime soon. And unfortunately that means buying every system that has exclusive, must-play games.

The writing was on the wall for this a long time ago, though. How long was DMC4 360 rumored, seriously?

When Capcom started to make *major* bank on their 360 titles (Dead Rising and Lost Planet were big hits), it seemed only natural DMC would be next. 360 already has a solid installed base, while PS3 seems destined to grow theirs slowly.

Yeah, it looks really fun to me too. This pretty much makes up my mind--I'll get a 360 first. I just need Assassin's Creed to come out. However, I'm hoping to hold out until the revision of the 360 HW comes out with the larger HDD size.

EDIT: Oh. Shame it's above the current premium price tho.

Has anyone come close to using their space on the 360? Because I know I haven't.

I have 11 Gigs left, but if they impliment the TiVo/DVR features they plan on using then most people will need a new HD.

Ok, I need to ask now. Who is that in your signature?

Some chick named Christina who is easily the most annoying woman to ever pose nude. Ever.

Has anyone come close to using their space on the 360? Because I know I haven't.

I have 11 Gigs left, but if they impliment the TiVo/DVR features they plan on using then most people will need a new HD.

Yea, I'm down to about 3 gigs. But it can easily be back to normal though.

A bunch of a demos really. I don't really delete demos after I dl them, except to make space for more, or unless I get the game. Crackdown and Superman Returns taking up most of the space I believe, both being over 1 gig.

I've got $250 set aside in my 360 fund. Hopefully the new 360 model coincides with a *slight* Premium price drop. Then I'll be totally on that.

Yeah, I don't see the point in a HD upgrade myself. The only reason I come close to using my space is because I don't delete stuff I could easily delete. Plus you really aren't losing too much with the component HD hookup over HDMI. I guess digital sound, but really, not that big a deal to me.

Guest Smues

I almost forgot that SOTN came out today. Only 95MB, but the download is going painfully slow.

The reason the original, what-the-hell-is-this TMNT for the NES is hated has nothing to do with difficulty, it has to do with being broken. The fact is certain turtles were less desirable than the others, which was wrong. Almost everybody started off with something like Leo or Don because of the range, but Raph had almost no range and the same amount of damage as the others, which makes him useless.

If the guys with huge weapons did less damage and the guys with close range attacks did more, the game would have been balanced.

The Turtles arcade game was broken in that same regard too. There's Don and then there's everyone else. I think almost *need* Don to beat a certain boss, in fact.

Consider me not a fan of TMNT1 NES either. It's bad enough that everyone else is so second tier to Don. But aside from that, if he dies you're in a bad spot. Of course, nearly any game that operates the same way (you get a squad of guys with one life or so, and some of the team obviously flat out sucks) isn't my bag either. Xmen Genesis (the original), Contra Force, and the like, for instance.