TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I could deal with the characters having different stregths. Plus I think Mike could jump higher and save you alot of time on some boards, and Ralph wasn't useless, the quickness of his attack helped, but it was that the game was just freakin cheap how they would send completely impossible stuff at you just so you would have to lose some energy. or that one part where I think it was flames shooting out and you had to time everything, only it would randomly break its pattern just to take out one of your turtles. (I thought it was a glitch until I noticed it only did it when I had all 4 turtles when coming to this part). There were so many parts like that (that stupid fucking rope). Thats why I hated that game. It was a fake challenge.

I don't think there's much doubt that nostalgia is the sole reason why people still like the original NES TMNT. Hell, that's the only reason I still like it.

IIRC, originally all the ninja turtles had the same color "masks" (grey actually)

But then they were all red on the comic book covers.

I don't think there's much doubt that nostalgia is the sole reason why people still like the original NES TMNT. Hell, that's the only reason I still like it.

That TMNT game was hard as all hell!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/xbox-36...e-now-official/

xbox-360-elite-header.jpg

Xbox360 Elite with HDMI and 120GB drive.

HD nerds and Xbox fanboys, the moment you've been waiting for: the Xbox 360 Elite we alerted you about way back when it was just called the Zephyr has finally been announced. As we previously mentioned, it will be black, it will have HDMI, and it will have a 120GB drive (it'll also come bundled with a one month Xbox Live trial) for $479. Unfortunately, also as mentioned before, it's not going to have the new 65nm CPUs, it still doesn't have integrated WiFi (Xbox said it's because a study showed the majority of their customers use Ethernet to connect -- huh?), and it won't have an integrated HD DVD drive (not that we expected otherwise). Microsoft did make some marketing decisions since our sources spilled the beans on this thing though: it's not going to be limited edition, as we previously had. Instead, the Elite will be a permanent SKU, the third and top-tier Xbox device. On the solo 120GB drive side of things, that unit will cost $179, and will come with a cable and software to migrate from your old 20GB drive. (MSFT wasn't yet sure if that kit would be sold separately for new Elite users -- sounds like it will be though, and will be priced very reasonably.)

More info:

The console will come with component and composite cables, as well as an HDMI cable. (Take that, Sony and Apple!)

The console will come with a black wireless controller and black (wired) headset.

Sorry, the new black controller still doesn't have backlit buttons -- don't let the pic fool you.

The black controller, black rechargeable batteries, black headset, and black Play & Charge kit will all be available in retail for the same price as the white gear.

The HD DVD drive will not be released in black.

Xbox didn't know what HDMI version the Elite uses, nor whether it supports PCM 5.1, TrueHD, etc.; it will obviously support 1080p, though.

Sorry, no price cuts on the Premium or Core packs.

Xbox Live Marketplace will also begin vending content from New Line, Paramount, and Universal (and their properties).

It's out April 29th in the US and Canada, people. Ready for your second Xbox? No? Well, it's still cheaper than that other black game console.

More Pictures

So that's a negative on the DVR function i guess

I think it's a good sign that the DVR will happen. Since I think the DVR would just be a software update, coming out with a larger 120GB HD (which the DVR would need) is a great sign. I assume that they aren't looking to show everything at once, so I'm guessing the DVR feature will come along after the Elite is released to help sell more Elite's and extra HDs.

I read on Engadget MS is going to be making a component to HDMI adapater..which I will believe when I see it..I dont see how its possible.

Anyway..

I dont see the point of a 3rd Xbox 360 model either..they almost have to be dcing the one with no hard drive. There will eventually probably be a 4th model with an even larger HD, DVR functions and HD-DVD support..maybe they can make it purple or something.

I simply don't see a reason to get this one. I mean I guess a larger harddrive. But thats about it really.

Oh Microsoft, $180 for a 120 gig hard drive. And the sad part is, people will buy it too :(

Microsoft opted to make a proprietary design so they could charge more.

Yet ironically, a standard hard drive will work for PS3.

I read on Engadget MS is going to be making a component to HDMI adapater..which I will believe when I see it..I dont see how its possible.

Anyway..

I dont see the point of a 3rd Xbox 360 model either..they almost have to be dcing the one with no hard drive. There will eventually probably be a 4th model with an even larger HD, DVR functions and HD-DVD support..maybe they can make it purple or something.

There is so much wrong with this statement.

1 - MS isn't putting any HD or Blu-Ray drive in their console until the winner is actual found out. It would be stupid (for them, not Sony since Sony wants Blu-Ray to be the big dog).

2. The Elite is a 3rd SKU, it isn't replacing anything though there is rumors of a Core price drop.

3. You obviously don't use XBOX Live very much or at all. If you download any movies/TV shows in HD you need the space.

4. They need to have the HDMI since not everyone's TV has VGA inputs so they can't up convert their DVDs nor if they have a HD-DVD player get 1080p.

5. DVR Functions are just a dashboard update if they needed to.

6. The adapter not possible? http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3569

I really wish you wouldn't come out and try and make it seem like you have knowledge of anything besides cooking.

I Dont keep up with the X Box at all..I just saw that article about the adapter cable.

As far as the Adapter being possible:

There are two big obstacles in connecting HDMI and component video. First, HDMI is a digital signal, and Component video is analog. The signals themselves are not compatible. So you would need a digital to analog conversion box (or analog to digital depending on which way you are going)

The other problem is HDCP. Component Video cannot support HDCP, and HDMI always supports HDCP encryption.

Because of the incompatiblities, it’s nearly impossible, (without wiring your own ends) to find any kind of a Component to HDMI cable.

There is no such thing as a Component to HDMI cable..its not possible..what you posted only goes one way..Component to HDMI which is possible because component doesn't have the HDCP encryption. That would work if you want to take a DVD player and hook it up to a HDTV without component inputs (??) but is rediculous because it costs $200. It is almost impossible to have HDMI to Component cable because HDMI wont pass to the component because the other end needs the HDCP verifcation, and thats the type of Cable Microsoft would need to be sending XBox owners or whatever the guy was trying to say they were doing..

Anyway..as far as the other things..Microsoft is one of the largest backers of HD-DVD and it wouldnt surprise me if they eventually did put a HD-DVD drive in the XBox instead of offering it as an add on. The point I dont see in making a 3rd model isn't anything to do with the hard drive..its the fact that the only other major upgrade to the system is the HDMI port which SHOULD have been in the original XBox 360 when it launched, the absurdity of the 360 claiming to be an HD Console and yet the connection options were VGA and component..stupid.

You know. HDMI really isn't that big of a deal. It really isn't. It was/is a HD console without HDMI. Don't believe everything that you read.

And they won't build in a HD-DVD player because everyone knows that Blu-ray is going to win.

And what the hell would be the point of a HDMI to Component adaptor?

So is the new Harddrive going to be sold seperately?

So is the new Harddrive going to be sold seperately?

Yes.

$180.

Its time for the modders to get on their fucking non-jobs and find a way to take a regular HD and turn it into a 360 hardrive dammit. This system has been out a year and the only thing they have come up with is firmware hacks to play copied games.

You know. HDMI really isn't that big of a deal. It really isn't. It was/is a HD console without HDMI. Don't believe everything that you read.

And they won't build in a HD-DVD player because everyone knows that Blu-ray is going to win.

And what the hell would be the point of a HDMI to Component adaptor?

Component is fine for HD..but there just arent that many HD TVs made anymore with VGA, and the ones that were made are like 5 years old or better..

HDMI to Component adapter would be ok for people who have no HDMI ports at all or like me have theirs filled..of course with that last you can always go with a switcher..

Wait I don't get it. Why would you need VGA?

Cheapasses like me don't want to buy a new TV.

My 8-year old 26" still has life left in it thanks.

I apologize in advance to any techheads I've horrified.

Isn't VGA a port on computers?

I have a VGA port on my Westinghouse 42" HDTV Monitor. It's technically not a tv because it doesn't have any tv tuners built in, but i still can watch cable o it because it doesnt matter to anyone that has a set top box (cablebox).

Anyway, MS sells a VGA adapter which i decided to buy, and the picture looks better than component. It displays more accurate colors and has a sharper and crisper picture. Component displays more vibrant colors, but VGA is more true. Many people with a VGA adapter on their TV like mine use that port instead of component for the 360.

Isn't VGA a port on computers?

Yeah, but the last generation of Plasma and LCD televisions had VGA ports on them. Most newer ones don't simply because alot of people didn't make use of it, but if you get a flat screen not made in the the last year it will probably have a VGA in port on it.

I think you all are mistaking computer monitors for TVs, and granted you can probably display HD Res on the computer monitor so I guess its no different but still.

99% of HDTVs haven't had VGA ports in them ever since DVI was introduced.