TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

Geometry Wars 2 has been released on XBLA. If you aren't rushing to get it, you might just be a little dead inside

Apparently you're all dead. No one on my friends' list has a leaderboard score in any of the game types.

Geometry Wars 2 has been released on XBLA. If you aren't rushing to get it, you might just be a little dead inside

Apparently you're all dead. No one on my friends' list has a leaderboard score in any of the game types.

I wasn't really all that impressed with the trial version, personally. A couple of undercover sombreros, er, "new gameplay modes" can't disguise the fact that you're still zooming around in a neon heat disease, blowing up disgruntled polygons and throwing the controller at the wall when you get eaten alive by those zooming red fuckers out of left field. Even if it were priced at 400 MS points - and it's not - it's hard to justify purchase if you have the original game. (And nearly everybody with a 360 has the original game.)

Downloaded Facebreaker Demo. Played for thirty seconds. Promptly deleted.

I agree that all fighting games boil down to a guessing game. However, Facebreaker limits my options down to two: the right one, or the wrong one. BS.

I signed up for Gamefly's special deal due to not having any good video stores near me (Only one around here doesn't rent 360, Wii, or DS games)...5.95 and 400+ Microsoft Points. Sounded like a great deal.

I'm already regretting it. Gamefly has yet to give me my 400 Microsoft points (They say four to six WEEKS after you sign up), and despite my first game being shipped on the 30th, I have yet to receive it.

Contrast this to Netflix who gets me movies in one business day. Even three things at once. One business day.

There's no logical reason why it should have taken longer then two days to get the game. They ship from California. I live in Washington State. It should not take that long unless they don't ship it with high shipping speeds.

I had planned on reupping at their INSANE 17 dollar per month for one game price if I liked it...but thus far, all I'm left with is a bad taste in my mouth. As of right now, I feel...swindled almost out of that five ninety five + tax I spent.

I signed up for Gamefly's special deal due to not having any good video stores near me (Only one around here doesn't rent 360, Wii, or DS games)...5.95 and 400+ Microsoft Points. Sounded like a great deal.

I'm already regretting it. Gamefly has yet to give me my 400 Microsoft points (They say four to six WEEKS after you sign up), and despite my first game being shipped on the 30th, I have yet to receive it.

Contrast this to Netflix who gets me movies in one business day. Even three things at once. One business day.

There's no logical reason why it should have taken longer then two days to get the game. They ship from California. I live in Washington State. It should not take that long unless they don't ship it with high shipping speeds.

I had planned on reupping at their INSANE 17 dollar per month for one game price if I liked it...but thus far, all I'm left with is a bad taste in my mouth. As of right now, I feel...swindled almost out of that five ninety five + tax I spent.

Sorry to hear that; I love Gamefly. When a game ships, I get it the next day. Been a member for over a year, so I save 10% on used games. I got Soul Calibur IV for $40.

Hey Thoth, I just beat your high score in King mode on GW2. Give you something to shoot for at least.

(you still have me completely fucking dominated in every other mode)

Edit: just wrecked your Pacifism high score too.

Speaking of Netflix is Gamefly and Netflix the same company? I kinda had this idea but I don't think it would happen.

Since Microsoft and Netflix teamed up and made it so you could rent movies from Netflix and watch them on your 360, could it be possible if Microsoft was able to do the same thing with Gamefly?

I think they wouldn't just because it'd be a loss of money if people could rent the game right away instead of buying it, but the idea diffently popped into my head a few days ago.

I don't think Netflix and Gamefly are the same company. If they are I'd be surprised.

Netflix is genius in that you just pick stuff, it ships, and so on. Gamefly there was stuff I had to toggle like what systems I owned before I could even put things on my list. For whatever reason that annoyed me from the start.

Three day shipping is absolutely insane. I just can't get over that. That probably means for 17 bucks a month, I'd have a six day turn over period here. If it's even here tomorrow.

They aren't the same company.

GameFly operates out of only 4 distribution centers, so that may be part of the reason (Netflix is rumored to have about 20) and not every game is available in every center.

Hey Thoth, I just beat your high score in King mode on GW2. Give you something to shoot for at least.

(you still have me completely fucking dominated in every other mode)

Edit: just wrecked your Pacifism high score too.

You have been smacked down.

Goddamn Thoth.

That's just a RIDICULOUS score. Lemme guess, when you died, it was from one of those damn gates, wasn't it? The fucking gates kill me more than the actual diamonds do.

Guest Vitamin X
They aren't the same company.

GameFly operates out of only 4 distribution centers, so that may be part of the reason (Netflix is rumored to have about 20) and not every game is available in every center.

Oh, Netflix has quite a bit more than 20.

GameFly's four distribution centers are located in Los Angeles, Tampa, Pittsburgh, and Austin, TX. I had them for a bit when I lived in L.A., and I liked them, but I'm not excited about waiting a couple days on a game when I can just rent it from the video store here in town. Games are different than movies in that aspect; they're much more worth buying than renting because the best ones are worth replaying often and last a long time, so a rental should really just be there to give you a sense of what the game is about. I guess GameFly could work though, if you played games a lot and would routinely beat games within a couple weeks because you'd save yourself some money that way. You wouldn't have to buy the game and no worries about taking an extra day or so to beat the game.

Just finished a game on pacifism mode with a score of 7,777,775. SO close to awesomeness.

Broward has a Gamerscore of 11,111. :)

Anyway, I downloaded the Too Human demo when it came out and just now tried it. I really didn't expect to enjoy the game much, but I liked it a lot. The only major flaw was the camera. I'll probably pick it up along with the bulk of the August/September/October releases I want at the October Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free sale.

GeoWars 2 is going to lead to my first broken 360 controller and/or damaged drywall in my living. @#$% this @#$%ing game.

Share your gamertag so I can beat whatever scores you might have into misery.

Criterion finally released the free "Cagney" update for Burnout Paradise today and it is pretty fucking awesome. Online Marked Man (where one player is designated the Marked Man and must avoid the other players without the aid of boost or radar) is just too much fun. You should be able to find the game cheaper now (I got it for $40) and next month there will be another update that adds day/night cycles, weather effects and motorcycles.

Edited by KingPK

Criterion finally released the free "Cagney" update for Burnout Paradise today and it is pretty fucking awesome. Online Marked Man (where one player is designated the Marked Man and must avoid the other players without the aid of boost or radar) is just too much fun. You should be able to find the game cheaper now (I got it for $40) and next month there will be another update that adds day/night cycles, weather effects and motorcycles.

Yeah, it dropped to $40 everywhere a month ago. It's $30 on Amazon now. I'm tempted to get it, but I have a huge backloh, I'm about to buy more games (SCIV and Madden), and I really, strongly disliked the demo after loving Burnout 3 and 4.

Andrew, did you decide to get gold again? I ask because I need a friend to whip my ass in some Soul Calibur.

GeoWars 2 is going to lead to my first broken 360 controller and/or damaged drywall in my living. @#$% this @#$%ing game.

Share your gamertag so I can beat whatever scores you might have into misery.

My gamer tag is CitizenTino

I'm going to assume you have long since demolished any scores I've put up in the last week or so. This game just owns me.

Andrew, did you decide to get gold again? I ask because I need a friend to whip my ass in some Soul Calibur.

Can't afford the game right now, even. :(

I just went through a month where I had to pay two student loan payments, car insurance, a car payment, and various smaller expenses (including filling up the gas tank, natch). Should be better off in two paychecks, though.

Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully things do improve soon.

I can't fuck with Thoth's GeoWars scores, but I am new to the series. At least I can top fazzle!

That's only because I suck at Geometry Wars!

Wait...what?

Damnit. Now I gotta at least top SOMEONE on my list.

You know what's funny? RE my Geometry Wars 2 scores?

I'm not even trying. Fazzle only had scores higher than me because I only played certain gametypes long enough to unlock others.

Bray, dogs. Bray.

Damnit Matt. When you said you beat my scores, I thought you meant in a REAL mode. Not that fucking stupid ass Deadline thing. You'll keep that, cause I don't play that shit. That's retarded.

Well, I'm merely a few thousand point behind you in Evolved and King, and I just got the game today

EDIT: Topped you in King and Evolved in one try each. I look forward to friendly competition with you, Fazzle. I can't compete with most of my other friends' scores.

OK, what in the hell am I missing in order to rack up some of these scores you guys are putting up? Kill guys, collect multipliers, don't get killed. Is there something I'm missing here? On my absolute best game of Deadline, I'm playing my ass off and barely getting over 2 mil, and I'm seeing scores more than 3 times that high. What's the secret?

Well, I'm merely a few thousand point behind you in Evolved and King, and I just got the game today

EDIT: Topped you in King and Evolved in one try each. I look forward to friendly competition with you, Fazzle. I can't compete with most of my other friends' scores.

I don't play Evolved that much, but..it WILL be on in King mode.