TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I have two additional controllers, but am not sure how to add them. The guide on xbox.ca wasn't much help, and incredibly, posting this question on GameFaqs didn't go smoothly.

Help?

Hold down the big silver button. I've never had a problem just hitting it to synch up my controller to any Xbox I'm in the vicinity of. Wii controllers on the other hand... God forbid I don't use them for over a month or it's re-synch city, and it can be quite the hassle.

If they're standard Microsoft wireless controllers, push the silver guide button to turn them on. If they don't automatically sync with the 360, push the small round button beside the memory card ports on the console, and then the very small button on top of the controller, between the LB button and play & charge port. That should assign the controller to one of the 4 slots. There should be corresponding sections of light, both around the guide button, and the power button on the console.

Also, if you've got a bunch of wired controllers, like Rock Band or Guitar Hero stuff, unplug it. I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to use 4 controllers at a time, wired or wireless.

They are indeed Microsoft controllers, but I was kinda vague; I've never actually used these two before. As far as I remember, the controller that came with my 360 didn't need to be calibrated.

I just tried it, to no avail. Suggestions?

1) Turn on 360 (no controllers... just turn it on)

2) Turn on un-synched wireless 360 controller.

3) At same time, press and hold the small button between the LB and Play n Charge port and the small white button on the console itself.

4) Both the console and the controller should glow green before filling quadrant one.

5) Repeat as necessary for each un-synched controller.

I'm joining the Red Faction Guerrilla Beta right now. Knowing people at Best Buy is awesome.

I picked up the 360 Wireless Network Adaptor the other day and when I hooked the adaptor up, I was able to play online games pretty normally but since last night whenever I play an online game for some reason I get disconnected. Would the network adaptor be the cause of this?

I don't know if it's been mentioned but NHL 2K9 is a Marketplace demo. The graphics and presentation on the ice have improved. There is no commentary in the demo. I like the controls because I'm used to playing that way. I might buy it when it comes out.

That's my first ace ever in Tiger Woods. I got lucky as fuck with the bounce and everything...usually it'll wind up an inch or two away from the hole or nail the pin and bounce away.

I've come close to one or two other holes, even close to acing that same hole later in the tournament but always an inch or so away..

Gamestop has an e-mail coupon (which I can share if needed) good through Thursday which gives you 25% off all used 360 games, up to 3 at a time.

Tonight, I picked up the following:

- Call of Duty 2 GOTY

- Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 bundle

- Crackdown

Total: $31 and change. They're all games I've wanted for a while. I wanted just the regular MUA, as I already own Forza, but they didn't have any with cases, which I am anal about. I felt dirty enough buying games with little scratches, in cases with yellow stickers affixed to the inserts (not the plastic, but underneath it on the paper). But the prices were so good.

Luckily, the employee had no problem with me trading in Forza during the transaction to knock another $3 off the price. Now I'm just worried about finding time to play 3 more great games. I told myself I wasn't going to buy anymore until the October TRU buy 2 get 1 sale.

Oh, and by the way- you can check availability in your area on the website. Some stores already have sued copies of Tiger Woods 09, Mercenaries 2, Soul Calibur IV, Tales of Vesperia, etc. Mine didn't, but if you're interested and you can find them in stock, newish games can be had for $41!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_ent...pic_id=26580102

Just days after it finally confirmed the long-rumored price cuts to all three Xbox 360 models, Microsoft has announced a series of more minor discounts. This time, it's for downloadable content on Xbox Live Arcade, including expansions and add-ons to a number of very popular games. According to Xbox Live director of programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb, the lower rates will continue through the end of October as part of the "Extended Play Download Days" promotion.

Among the DLC items now on sale is The Shivering Isles expansion to Bethesda's acclaimed role-playing game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which now costs 1600 Microsoft points ($20.00), down from 2400 ($30). The Bring Down the Sky mission to BioWare's Mass Effect is now 300 points ($3.75), versus 400 points ($5.00). Three Guitar Hero III track packs--Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, and Classic Rock--are 360 points ($4.50), down from 500 ($6.25). Content for Lost Odyssey, Beautiful Katamari, and Forza Motorsport is also on sale.

Guest Vitamin X

So did anyone else see the message from Xbox Live in their inbox saying they're down for up to 24 hours next Monday for some upgrading to the new Xbox Experience? Hopefully this means Netflix is coming then along with the new menu and all its features they're claiming...

Guest Vitamin X

It said the change was coming this fall. Fall just started. It damn well better be.

Maybe it's different for you guys in the UK?

It's just Microsoft basically doing some tweaks to Xbox Live to get it ready for the update. Microsoft has done this before with other updates in the past.

GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCK SHIT.

My Xbox just red ringed during a COD4 match. It froze, then when I tried to restart it, bam, red ring. Unlike the first time (where it also froze during COD4) there were no warning signs.

So yeah, I won't be able to play for a few weeks.

That sucks Matt. I'm starting to think mine will red ring again. When I first got it back, you could barely hear the fans. Now it sounds like it's going to blow up every time I turn it on. Oh well, hopefully you get a quick turnaround.

Here's kinda a list..

-Avatars - Think Nintendo Wii Mii but you get to do a lot more

-New Swank Dashboard interface

-Netflix

-an upgrade to Party Chat - Now you can chat up to with 8 people in a party

I'm sure there's more but I just can't find a site that has everything the new interface is going to have.