TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I was playing Lost Planet Colonies on PC. Thought the damn game crashed because the thing hung for a minute before saying "Games for Windows Live is disconnected."

Netflix announced a partnership with Starz to bring a bunch more content to their streaming service (another 2,500 titles to be exact, including movies like Spiderman 3, Superbad and Ratatouille) in advance of the fall update.

Can we just skip October and go right to November? Please?

I just got my hands on a sweet 360 bundle for a nice price. I swore to myself I wouldn't buy a new-gen console until I got an HDTV but it seems that I don't quite fully understand the concept of saving money. The games that came with it were all on my "to-buy" list except for Guitar Hero III. However, someone showed me all the songs you could get online so I don't mind double-dipping if I get to play the Top Gun Anthem.

So welcome to three years ago for me. Now I can finally get familiar with foreign concepts like the Marketplace, Live Arcade and RRODs.

My system bricked up today. I now have to wait 24-48 hours to get the shipping labels in my e-mail so I can send this thing off and start the process of getting it fixed.

My system bricked up today. I now have to wait 24-48 hours to get the shipping labels in my e-mail so I can send this thing off and start the process of getting it fixed.

I was told 24-48 hours, but it took about 4-5. They just say that to cover their asses.

It can be delayed forever and never show up for all I care.

/Bitter Canadian mode off.

Forever is officially November 19th.

No signal - Leads me to believe there's in issue with the cables connecting your 360 to your TV. Or, yes, less likely, an issue with the TV itself.

What kind of cable are you using?

anyone coppin blitz the league 2 next week...first one was solid IMO...the video clips from this one have been pretty good so far...especially the hit targeting one...pretty sick..

Same cables that I have been using since I got the X-Box in 06. I'm gonna try it out on my friends TV tomorrow night.

and what kind of cables would that be?

Probably the only person around that is happy to see some form of Pop'n Music make it stateside in the the form of Beat'n Groovy on XBLA. Watered down in difficulty, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't know what's going on with my xbox right now. I can start it up and play games as long as I'm not connected to Live. Anytime I connect to live (it boots up with me not connected) everything freezes. My internet is working fine. I tried taking off the wireless connection and plugged it straight into the system...and it still froze. I went through network settings and it went through with full bars...but when I connected to it...frozen. What the F?

This may have been lost in translation, but which cables specifically are you using?

If you've got the red/white/yellow, that's composite, not component. Try looking for that input. If you're using y/pb/pr, make sure the red from the component is not the audio red (you'll still need the red and white audio from the composite along with y/pb/pr).

Will the component cables for 360 actually work with an SDTV? I realise, of course, that component doesn't necessarily mean HD, but I've heard of stranger things happening.

The TV's at your camp are HD, Scuba?

I don't know what's going on with my xbox right now. I can start it up and play games as long as I'm not connected to Live. Anytime I connect to live (it boots up with me not connected) everything freezes. My internet is working fine. I tried taking off the wireless connection and plugged it straight into the system...and it still froze. I went through network settings and it went through with full bars...but when I connected to it...frozen. What the F?

Do a network test with the Xbox. See what comes up and post back here.

Everything is connected, confirmed and open. It even actually does put my online technicallly (my last time online in my sig changes everytime I connect) but the screen just freezes. So...I'm connected but it doesn't do me a bit of good.

So...I can connect to live...but my system freezes...

but I can play the system fine...as long as it's not on live.

The controller that came with my Xbox 360 when I got it back in April had a slightly bad analog stick. I eventually got around to sending it to them at the end of August. One reason I took so long was that I was told I'd have to pay to ship it to them. That didn't sit well with me, considering it didn't work well right out of the box. That, and I'm not rolling in dough, so $10 isn't insignificant to me. (The other reason is that I have another controller, and play Rock Band 80% of my 360-related time.) I sent it August 27th for the cheapest option available--about $8.50--and went about waiting, since MS said it might take up to 6 weeks.

This week, I came across the post office receipt, and noticed there was a tracking number on it. (Regular Parcel didn't come with tracking a few years ago.) I checked it on Canada Post's site, and the most recent entry was "Item out for delivery" on September 2nd. No delivery confirmation. :huh: I called MS, and sure enough, they don't know where it is. I called Canada Post, and the lady said someone would look into it. Given that the package probably went missing over a month ago, and Regular Parcel isn't insured (for some reason, I thought it was up to $100), I think I'm kinda boned.

So I'm a little pissed at MS for making me pay to ship their busted controller, a little pissed at Canada Post for losing the thing, and a little pissed at myself for not paying an extra dollar or so for Xpresspost/insurance. aimpiss.gif

This may have been lost in translation, but which cables specifically are you using?

If you've got the red/white/yellow, that's composite, not component. Try looking for that input. If you're using y/pb/pr, make sure the red from the component is not the audio red (you'll still need the red and white audio from the composite along with y/pb/pr).

Will the component cables for 360 actually work with an SDTV? I realise, of course, that component doesn't necessarily mean HD, but I've heard of stranger things happening.

Before I got my first HDTV, I had my 360 connected via component cables to a 32" SDTV. All you have to do is look at the part of the component cable that connects to the 360. There is a small sliding switch. Make sure its not switched to HDTV and it should work fine. I didn't know until recently that you could get 1080p out of component cables, though I will admit I do see a bit of a difference in 1080p via HDMI.

I posted a link earlier, and nothing is working. I am going to try on a different TV to see if its actually my TV that is fucked up.

I just picked up the 120 GB HD (Fry's had a sale), and one thing I didn't expect is that it loads my Arcade game library up about 50 times faster. That makes me happy.

I posted a link earlier, and nothing is working. I am going to try on a different TV to see if its actually my TV that is fucked up.

I didn't mean which set of cables (I clicked the link), I meant which prongs. I still think you've got the red from component and composite mixed, but it's more likely you'd get a black and white picture if that was the case,

When you got yours back from the RROD a few years ago, did you get one with an HDMI out? If yes, go get an HDMI cable. Well, maybe not right now, but I recommend it.