TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Xbox 360

I am a big fan of the way the friends list is set up now. One guy on my friends list is in a party with 2 other people playing Gears of War 2 and the way it's displayed with the 3 avatars saying their names standing next to the cover of the game is a lot cooler than the old text way.

As beautiful as it is, damn NXE keeps causing my console to freeze. :angry:

I didn't mind when it locked up while browsing through the friends list, a lot of people have been complaining about that, and I'm assuming that's something that will be worked out soon. But it's caused Smackdown to freeze twice now, both times during good matches. I don't like that it's interfering with the games I'm playing.

Guest Smues

I was forced to download this (damn required update bullshit) and I can't say I like it. And the avatars are ugly, and I feel embarassed that I'm forced to pick one. Eat me Microsoft.

I'd like the whole avatar concept a lot more if you could make realistic-looking people (think GameFace in Tiger Woods) instead of the little pixie people out of a 6 year old's cartoon. If I wanted to look at pixie people, I'd have bought a Wii.

I can say that thru all of this, I have learned something...

Exslade is black.

Did not know that...thank you Microsoft. *cue NBC "more you know" music*

I've had UMK3 for awhile now, so if your definition of recent is "in the last four months" then yes, it's recent.

Well it's been there since 2007, I know that. I just didn't realize it was in the bargin bin.

I'll probably keep Netflix. There's not much available in the streaming thing that I want to watch right now other than a few TV shows in high-def, and I don't have a Blu-Ray player, but fuck it. $8.99 a month for unlimited movies (1 at a time plan) plus the streaming is a damn good deal.

Also, my avatar looks just like me.

My avatar really doesn't look TOO much like me (I need bushier sideburns damnit! And more choices for shorts) but it's the best I could do.

Oh yeah. You fuckwits better send me friend requests. I better have requests out the ass when I get home from work.

To view your full-bodied avatar:

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/YOURGAMERTAGHERE/avatar-body.png

The server's taking a pounding for obvious reasons, so if you manage to get through, you're probably best off saving and re-hosting the image somewhere else.

Here's mine:

Needs more beard.

Made my avatar. Close enough in my opinion. I'm OK with the update, avatar be damned. My only major gripe is that alot of my old blades themes look like crap with the new interface due to the cropping.

The addition of Netflix is the main thing I'm really happy about this go around. Marathoning The Office on my TV without waiting for the DVDs? Hells yeah.

In a way, I'm glad I'm not able to get a streaming Netflix dealy in Canada. I enjoy collecting DVD boxsets of shows I enjoy and I also pay a stupid amount of money per month for two premium movie channels which air movies several months after their DVD release date. That would be silly if I could just instantly watch whatever I want.

Just go to your friend's list on the new main menu screen, Captain Oates. It shows their avatar standing next to giant robots and Xbox logos and such.

It's actually spelled correctly. Captain Oats is Seth Cohen's toy horse on The OC. The horse was my avatar until I MADE MY AVATAR MY AVATAR!~! =-O

Mine looks like me, except the earring is way too big and gaudy looking- like something a ghetto chick would wear rather than the barely noticeable hoop I have.

I don't understand most of that, but this is what wikipedia said when I typed in Captain Oats.

"Captain Lawrence Edward Grace Oates (17 March 1880 – 16 March 1912[1]) was an English Antarctic explorer. He was often referred to by the nickname "Titus Oates" after the historical figure."

I like how SFIIHD describes Street Fighter as 'the original MMA game' or something along those lines.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the stuff behind each of the avatars on your friends list? On my list, some guys have what looks like a small skyline, others have a giant Xbox 'X', a couple have spaceships, and at least one has a guitar.

I wonder what comes up behind my guy on their lists.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the stuff behind each of the avatars on your friends list? On my list, some guys have what looks like a small skyline, others have a giant Xbox 'X', a couple have spaceships, and at least one has a guitar.

I wonder what comes up behind my guy on their lists.

I think it might be random. There are new "Premium" themes that will change those friend backgrounds. The only free one that I'm aware of is for Gears of War 2, called "Last Day".

Unfortunately, they way the UI is set up now, if I'm looking under New Arrivals for Themes/Gamer Pictures, the point prices aren't displayed in the menu. I have to click on each one to see whether or not it's free. For some reason, I suspect it's deliberate, but that sucks.

I tried connecting a friend's party, and got "Network Error: Could not connect to Party". This happened every time I tried to connect to them. Gonna write it off as a one time thing.