TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Decemberists

Jimmy Jacobs throws IWA title down

According to some guy on the IWA-MS forum

Just moments ago at the AAW event in Berwyn, IL, Jimmy Jacobs cut an anti-IWA-MS promo (RE: sick of them not paying him) and threw the IWA-MS Heavyweight Championship belt into the trash

Pic

Pic 2

Pic 3

Considering the bad blood between the owners of IWA and AAW this is apparantly not a work, and with recent IWA shows being cancelled could this be the end of IWA-MS? If it's true of course...

If IWA ends it won't be because of Jimmy Jacobs.

While I can sympathise with guys not getting paid, he doesn't HAVE to take the bookings and show up if people aren't getting paid

Guest Happy Go Nowhere

Well...here's what was posted on the boards in response:

Ian has spoken with Jimmy Jacobs today to find out exactly what the hell he was thinking when he did what he did last night.

Jimmy Jacobs has told Ian that he was basically taking a payday and figuring that it would be easier to get forgiveness than permission for doing what was asked of him. Jimmy didn't know how Ian and myself would react to hearing about what he did to the title but he thought that by saying that he wasn't being paid in IWA that we would know that he wasn't serious since he is always taken care of when he wrestles IWA. He thought that this would be a good way to get some publicity for IWA Mid-South and he hoped that we would forgive him for what he did to get that attention.

We have decided that this is an attack of aggression on us by another group by trying to pay a lot of money to a top IWA worker to jump ship and we are giving our workers an ultimatum...they can work for IWA Mid-South and get the exposure that we have through SMV and having been around for 9 years or they can work for the other group.

We know that we could lose some guys over this decree but we can also gain some after such a disrespectful and classless act against us.

Jimmy Jacobs is still the IWA Mid-South champion and we are currently deciding whom he should face at the Strong Style Tournament on December 30th. He knows that he has consequences to face over what he did and that some of those consequences will come his way in this match.

Ian and myself have been through similar instances in the past 9 years with other groups being jealous of the quality of product that IWA Mid-South puts in the ring. We have survived them all and this will be no different.

We will handle this attack in house and we will become better for it.

See everyone on the 30th of December for one helluva Strong Style Tournament.

Guest Coffey

So, do those "consequences" mean Jacobs is jobbing out or getting the shit stiffed outta him?

I give Jimmy credit if he bothers showing up. Especially if he knows what's waiting for him. Who knows if this isn't an angle anyway. And I don't trust Ian Rotten's word 100% on anything anyway

Guest frowned

from Jacobs' LJ:

It's heaven to see smart marks in a buzz. You can almost see them jerking off. "Was it a work?.. Was it a shoot?... OMG!... What an asshole!... Way to stand up for yourself!" Oh boy.

Ian and I have had a lot of issues in the past year especially. But business wise, he's done a lot for me. He helped make me into a notable indy wrestler. He's put me in the ring with some incredible talent. He's always been square with me on money, alwayws. He's always paid me what we've agreed on, every show with out exception. He's given me a lot.

I was paid a nice sum of money to throw away the IWA Mid South World Heavyweight title. I have a price. Everybody's got a price. I sold out Ian Rotten. I sold out IWA. I sold out the locker room. I sold out the boys. But that's fine cuz they woulda done they same thing. And come Wednesday, call me a whore if you like, but I can pay my rent. I can't pay my rent with cancelled shows; so I made a quick buck.

I made a quick buck with my belt. Say what you will about wrestling, but that's MY belt, and it's still MY belt. I worked for it. I sacrificed for it. I wrestled hundreds of matches for it. And I'll do with my belt as I please. In the past 8 months, I made that belt and I was proud of it. But pride doesnt pay bills. I'll sell that belt on Ebay if I have to. I made it; I'll do what I want with it. It's not about the physical belt. It's about what it represents- the heavyweight championship, and all the matches I've had, and all the guys that I've faced and beaten, and what I've done to earn that. And you can't throw that away. I'll be at the next IWA Mid South show to defend that championship because that's what I do. Ian called me today and said "Kid, you can either send me that belt or defend it against Bull Pain." Fuckin bring it.

And as for his statement on the IWA board that his wrestlers have to chose IWA or AAW, well fuck that. If IWA wants to pay me, great. If AAW wants to pay me, great. Nobody tells me where to work and where not to.

Guest Happy Go Nowhere

Honestly, if Ian isn't big enough to resolve this sensibly and is going to put Jimmy in a fight where the guy is actually going to beat on him, he'd be better of just not turning up at all.

Taking the title off him is one thing...the rest is just stupid.

from Jacobs' LJ:

It's heaven to see smart marks in a buzz. You can almost see them jerking off. "Was it a work?.. Was it a shoot?... OMG!... What an asshole!... Way to stand up for yourself!" Oh boy.

Ian and I have had a lot of issues in the past year especially. But business wise, he's done a lot for me. He helped make me into a notable indy wrestler. He's put me in the ring with some incredible talent. He's always been square with me on money, alwayws. He's always paid me what we've agreed on, every show with out exception. He's given me a lot.

I was paid a nice sum of money to throw away the IWA Mid South World Heavyweight title. I have a price. Everybody's got a price. I sold out Ian Rotten. I sold out IWA. I sold out the locker room. I sold out the boys. But that's fine cuz they woulda done they same thing. And come Wednesday, call me a whore if you like, but I can pay my rent. I can't pay my rent with cancelled shows; so I made a quick buck.

I made a quick buck with my belt. Say what you will about wrestling, but that's MY belt, and it's still MY belt. I worked for it. I sacrificed for it. I wrestled hundreds of matches for it. And I'll do with my belt as I please. In the past 8 months, I made that belt and I was proud of it. But pride doesnt pay bills. I'll sell that belt on Ebay if I have to. I made it; I'll do what I want with it. It's not about the physical belt. It's about what it represents- the heavyweight championship, and all the matches I've had, and all the guys that I've faced and beaten, and what I've done to earn that. And you can't throw that away. I'll be at the next IWA Mid South show to defend that championship because that's what I do. Ian called me today and said "Kid, you can either send me that belt or defend it against Bull Pain." Fuckin bring it.

And as for his statement on the IWA board that his wrestlers have to chose IWA or AAW, well fuck that. If IWA wants to pay me, great. If AAW wants to pay me, great. Nobody tells me where to work and where not to.

Not only does he have the look and gimmick of a twelve-year-old, but he also has the maturity of one as well. I find it pointless for stuff like this to happen when no one really cares about the matter. Rotten can just get his belt back and put it on someone else, IWA Mid-South can survive without Jimmy Jacobs and Jimmy Jacobs can survive without IWA Mid-South. It was idiotic what Jimmy Jacobs did, but what would you expect from the independent scene of the United States?

It's funny to see him talk about "smart marks" in the manner he did, since those are the only people who care about him.

Makes me think that it's a work even more. Why would some guy insult pretty much every single one of his fans with one broad statement? He's either really, really stupid, or it's a work.

I will ask him that when he gets on aim tonight.

Jimmy Jacobs punishment; phase 1:

"We have a main event for the Indianapolis show on Friday night December 16th at the Capital Sports Center.

Non Title/No DQ/No Countout/Pinfalls Count Anywhere

Jimmy Jacobs

vs.

NEW JACK"

Credit: Jimmy Jacobs Livejournal/IWA-MS messageboard.

This is that happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass.

Guest ChampKind

Fuck Jimmy Jacobs. I'm not a Rotten fan, nor am I a fan of IWA:MS. But I'll tell you what I do know - Jimmy Jacobs sucks. He's a small, skinny fuck who isn't anything more than midcard material in feds that draw more than 200 people. He talks shit about "smart marks." Who else follows him??? It's not like he's JBL who can bag on Internet fans and still have his following. Jacobs' following IS Internet fans. Hell, I know I personally couldn't give two shits what he does with the IWA title.

So, to reiterate: Fuck Jimmy Jacobs, little no-talent fuck.

My theory:

IWA-MS knows they're dieing. They cancelled 6 straight shows. They know the end is near. Meanwhile, Danny Daniels, who was the Golden boy on 2003, has this new promotion in the area. They want to give it some publicity, and "pass the torch" to them.

Hell, I already watched the 1st show. I think the 3rd is the Trashcan one. I'll be there soon.

And if that's not the case, Danny Daniels is a lucky bastard.