TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

What is up with these guys not being used?

Raw

Danny Basham---came over in the last draft via trade and has not been used on Raw. From all reports, he was a good worker in OVW, and was supposed to go back to his Damaja character when he went to Raw. Why not have him appear every now and then to establish his character, or hell make a tag team with him to fill out the tag ranks if you have no other plans for him.

Rob Conway---he was getting a pretty nice mid-level push recently. I didn't like how he was basically doing a ripoff of Orton's "Legend Killer" gimmick recently, but I like Conway. They also took away his rope-assisted finisher to a swinging neckbreaker without the ropes. This guy should take the IC title off of Flair eventually (by HHH interference), and have an IC division with Shelton, Damaja, Greg Helms, Matt Striker, and Tajiri. Hell, Conway is not getting crowd reactions at all, but that is because he hasn't been in many feuds, just facing random people all the time. EDIT---I forgot, he was feuding with Eugene who is out indefinitely, so they are probably looking for something else for him to do. I still stand by my comments on him, though.

Tajiri---only used sparingly. Like I said above, put him in the IC division. Hell, form another tag team with him. Whatever you do, though, use this guy! He is a great guy in backstage skits, and is good to watch in the ring.

Rene Dupree---is he injured? I thought Grenier was the one injured? Are they both injured? Oh well, if he isn't injured, use him in the IC division or put him in the tag division. I can remember how they were talking about his bright future at one point because he debuted at 19 or so, but I think his horrible run on Smackdown put an end to that. He is a tag wrestler at the moment.

Lance Cade---is his tag team with Murdoch over already? Did I miss something? If it is over, why didn't they at least play up the fact that Murdoch didn't like all the pretty boy stuff that Cade would do, and Cade didn't like all the hick things that Murdoch would do. You don't have to turn one of them face, just give them a reason to stop tagging.

Smackdown

Doug Basham---get rid of "The Bash Man" gimmick that sounds like an inter-office nickname from lame asses trying to be cool. Besides that, he was only used like twice since splitting from Danny. Doug actually has some decent moves that I think could get over with the crowd. I like his leg lariat, second-rope spinebuster, and his matwork. He should at least be on TV.

Stevie Richards---I think they should put him with Simon Dean. They would be able to work together due to the bWo days, and Richards could be entertaining as a believer in the Simon System. There is another tag team for the increasingly good tag scene on Smackdown.

By far, Smackdown utilizes it's roster better than Raw. They should still focus more on some of the guys that are used mainly on Velocity though.

Well, I disagree about that statement towards conway. I just think these guys could be used quite well. Maybe flesh out the roster so you don't see the same matches each week.