TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Vince saying "Nigga"

For those who watched Survivor Series remember the skit with Cena/Vince/Booker T, where Vince says "Keep it up my nigga" to Cena, and walks by Booker T, and Booker said "Tell me he didn't just say that".

Now, I am half black myself, and found the skit VERY offensive. Shame on Cena and Booker for particapting in somthing not only unfunny, but very racist. Booker should of not allowed it, by not particapting, no matter how bad he will de-push you. I'd rather be de-push then some rich white guy's jigga boo.

It's going to be very hard for me to watch another wrestling program, espically the way WWE is treating the African-American stars(Shelton Benjamin consently being jobbed out despite being one of the best pure workers in North America, and Bobby Lashley being the 1st person elimnated in the SD!/RAW match), it's seems you have to be Vince's jigga boo like Booker has for the last few years(HHH fued and the skit at Survivor Series).

It was Vince attempting to be a hip dude by speaking that there rap talk that all them youngsters are doing. The E stands for entertainment. This was (yet another feable) attempt to provide entertainment, nothing more, nothing less. Get over it.

Honestly, I thought there would be more backlash from this, but Vince and Co. seem hell bent on topping themselves in the offensive shit department. Let's not forget things like the Hassan/Terrorist bit as well as JR/Dr. Hiney bits.

This is just further proof that Vince is out of touch with, well, just about everything. I also don't agree that it's ok if Booker signs off on it. Vince is in a position of power and Booker wasn't going to say no to this.

Come on, man... It wasn't offensive. It was harmless, he didn't say "Hey where's my wallet, oh Booker T stole it".

It was satirical, i'm sure, he's having a pop and a joke AT white guys who think they're totally urban.

At least I hope he is...

Guest Desperate Housewife

Oh for God's sake it was a joke.

Any excuse to bash the WWE

He's making fun of how utterly stupid most rappers talk. Get the fuck over it. He didn't say nigger, he said nigga. One's a slur, the other's a slang term that many people use in quite a friendly manner, such as "hey, this guy's my nigga" and pointing to your best friend.

Maybe if stupid people would stop using the word, then maybe other people wouldn't use it either.

I'm not defending him as such, i really don't care if Vince gets in trouble. But it was a joke. I mean, i could have found Rodney Mack's White Boy challenge offensive, but it wasn't, it's just wrestling, it's dumb but we love it.

Katie Vick... All my dead-raped friends hated that angle.

I hate when such terminology is used with malicious intent, but that shit was hilarious. I was drunk and certainly didn't expect it, so I busted out laughing. But even seeing it again while sober, it was pretty damn funny.

For those who watched Survivor Series remember the skit with Cena/Vince/Booker T, where Vince says "Keep it up my nigga" to Cena, and walks by Booker T, and Booker said "Tell me he didn't just say that".

Now, I am half black myself, and found the skit VERY offensive. Shame on Cena and Booker for particapting in somthing not only unfunny, but very racist. Booker should of not allowed it, by not particapting, no matter how bad he will de-push you. I'd rather be de-push then some rich white guy's jigga boo.

It's going to be very hard for me to watch another wrestling program, espically the way WWE is treating the African-American stars(Shelton Benjamin consently being jobbed out despite being one of the best pure workers in North America, and Bobby Lashley being the 1st person elimnated in the SD!/RAW match), it's seems you have to be Vince's jigga boo like Booker has for the last few years(HHH fued and the skit at Survivor Series).

Not a rap fan I take it? White and black people say the word nigga a lot. It doesn't have anything to with racism. In ebonics, it's like calling someone buddy. Have you been living in a cave?

I'm 100% black and I have no problem with Vince saying "nigga".

Granted, I didn't see the segment, but when I envision it, it sounds kinda funny. Old Man Vince trying to be cool and hip by using slang.

And Booker T is involved in yet another segment in which "nigga" was used. Go Booker.

It doesn't matter what the intent was. They should know that there would be a backlash and people would be offended no matter how they used the word and been sensitive to that. I think it's silly to get offended over mere words, but that doesn't change the fact that people get offended. And in this case, it was completely needless. To say "it's just entertainment" has to be the dumbest rebuttal and it, incidently, is the most common one given by the WWE and it's fans to excuse stupid, thoughtless, needless skits.

Oh, come on.

This is the company that did corpse fucking. This isn't nearly as bad as that was.

You know, the Katie Vick thing wasn't that bad either. Seriously. I mean, if you go back and watch it, it's played for a very, very bad punchline at the end. It was HHH very obviously playing around like he's fucking a dead corpse. They didn't actually have that happen or simulate it seriously. It was something that only Vince McMahon found very funny.

Oh for God's sake it was a joke.

Any excuse to bash the WWE

Wrong, I normally don't bash Vince or the WWE as most of the time I think they are doing a good job. But lately this company has been going down the wrong direction.

They seem hellbent this year on turning to get rid of their minorty fanbase(Mexicools, Muhammad Hassan, and this skit).

This skit was not needed and was very pointless. I myself don't find it funny at all. I'm sure most of you thought it was funny as most of you are problay white.

Nigga in a hip hop song is used as a artform not trying to degrade the race. When Quentin Tarantino got bad pressed for saying Nigga in Pulp Fiction, I stood up for him. This is just Vince's way of trying to be funny, it wasn't cool.

I normally don't cry racism, I've dealt with it all my life. But I think this was just stupid and very unnessecary, espically when you have alot of African-American fans.

Not a rap fan I take it? White and black people say the word nigga a lot. It doesn't have anything to with racism. In ebonics, it's like calling someone buddy. Have you been living in a cave?

I problay listen to more Hip Hop then you, like it said Hip Hop is an art, it's much different. Not some rich white man's attempt to be funny.

And name one White rapper who says nigger? Eminem has never released a song with him saying nigga or nigger(Despite those tapes from when he was a kid where he degrades Black woman, where he got torched by the media and the Hip Hop Community).

Guest Leelee

I post on other boards where blacks cry racism over every little thing. They're fuming over this. I can't say I blame them.

I agree with that RRR said, earlier.

It's sad that WWE stoops so low that they just do things to offend people for attention.

It doesn't matter what the intent was.  They should know that there would be a backlash and people would be offended no matter how they used the word and been sensitive to that.  I think it's silly to get offended over mere words, but that doesn't change the fact that people get offended.  And in this case, it was completely needless.  To say "it's just entertainment" has to be the dumbest rebuttal and it, incidently, is the most common one given by the WWE and it's fans to excuse stupid, thoughtless, needless skits.

Yeah, and be pissed off with them for giving us such thoughtless, needless skits. Not for doing something in one of these useless skits that is obviously meant to be taken as a joke.

Chill the fuck out my nigga.

Guest The Z Man Tom Zenk

so, i see it must be OK for Teddy Long to use the slang term "cracka" then...

Vince used the N word, and a slang of it, on an entertainment show.

I'm sure 50 Cent, in his shitty movie, had the word yelled at him 100 times.

It's all entertainment. In both cases, lame, uninteresting entertainment, but entertainment nonetheless.

Couldn't this have stayed in the Survivor Series folder. Who cares? I hear a lot worse in schools that I teach by 12 year olds.

Guest The Z Man Tom Zenk
Vince used the N word, and a slang of it, on an entertainment show.

I'm sure 50 Cent, in his shitty movie, had the word yelled at him 100 times.

It's all entertainment.  In both cases, lame, uninteresting entertainment, but entertainment nonetheless.

Couldn't this have stayed in the Survivor Series folder.  Who cares?  I hear a lot worse in schools that I teach by 12 year olds.

who cares? people that want attention by any means necessary.