TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Vince saying "Nigga"

No because unlike you, they have a legitimate reason to be offended. You weren't really offended by Rudo's post, hence it's invalid in your case. Nice try though.

edit: If you were really offended, it must have been the logic in the post that made your brain explode. That's probably how it was offensive to you, you just had to think too hard to read Rudo's post.

The original poster:

Now, I am half black myself, and found the skit VERY offensive.Shame on Cena and Booker for particapting in somthing not only unfunny, but very racist. Booker should of not allowed it, by not particapting, no matter how bad he will de-push you. I'd rather be de-push then some rich white guy's jigga boo.

He has no reason to be offended? This is your argument? If someone went on WWE TV portraying YOU in a negative light, even in jest, you'd be offended but no one else would. Does this make it any less offensive to you?

The original poster:

Now, I am half black myself, and found the skit VERY offensive.Shame on Cena and Booker for particapting in somthing not only unfunny, but very racist. Booker should of not allowed it, by not particapting, no matter how bad he will de-push you. I'd rather be de-push then some rich white guy's jigga boo.

He has no reason to be offended? This is your argument? If someone went on WWE TV portraying YOU in a negative light, even in jest, you'd be offended but no one else would. Does this make it any less offensive to you?

John Cena is a white guy, dumb ass. Vince wasn't talking about black people by calling him a "nigga".

Guest panthermatt7
How DARE you sully the good name of Nell Carter and her hit television show Gimme a Break with such vulgarity.  Why, is it because she's black?  Oh, I bet it is.  You strut in here and decide to spread hate like it was goin on its expiration date.  Well I ain't havin that.

LOL. RRR = forum MVP

This is the part where I mention for the millionth fucking time that the guy getting called that word was white.  Race had no bearing on the use of the word, whatsoever.

Yes it did. White people who call other white people that are idiots. There has to be a special level of idiot for those people because it's just really, really stupid. Plain and simple.

In the event you guys ever get near an actual reason, feel free to post it.

So far we're up to: "I was offended because it was offensive because I was offended"

"White people aren't allowed to have opinions on this"

and

"You're a stupid idiot if you disagree with me."

So far, the case for this incident actually being offensive has barely risen above the level of "because my daddy said so" on the hierarchy of persuasive logic.

No, I'm just going by the school of thought that if you're a white person who uses the word "nigga" (on other white people or on other black people, even) then you're just a big fucking poser/idiot on all accounts. That's what I was going for. Sorry if it wasn't clear enough for ya, slingblade.

I can't understand how people give a shit about WWE enough to offended by anything they do. Seriously; they're assholes. We know they're assholes. They did a bitch thing? Who gives a fuck? I thought we knew that they were fucked long ago.

Fo' shnizzle my nizzle! Fo' shnizzle!

No, I'm just going by the school of thought that if you're a white person who uses the word "nigga" (on other white people or on other black people, even) then you're just a big fucking poser/idiot on all accounts.

Nigga please!

In all seriousness, 5 years ago I might have seen some small cause for offense here. Random funny fact: The song "Nigga Please" by ODB comes in a clean version. (Same name)

This sort of humor is no different than your typical black guy + non-black guy comedy movie. The non-black guy tries to "act black" and looks silly doing it. I don't find that sort of humor very funny but it's not offensive either. Just dumb. How about that movie where Queen Latifah teams up with Michael Keaton or some crap like that, Jackie Chan + Chris Tucker, etc. Non-black guys trying to "act black" has been a gag for decades.

What I think is funny is that this thread is now 7 pages long, but Cena can call people gay as an insult every week. Where is the outrage there? Or is it ok to hate on gays? What Vince said was clearly a gag, what Cena says is not. He's supposed to be a face!

I would take these complaints a lot more seriously if the attitude wasn't "well, I'm not gay so I don't care, but I'm black so now I'm all upset!!"

kikes, spics, niggers, wops, fags, frogs, limeys, wetbacks, dagoes, bitches, micks, polacks, sheepfuckers, white trash, krauts, chinks, japs, gooks, hosers, ragheads, dotheads, redskins, and an Argentinian.

BUT NO IRISH!

Guest clockworkraven
kikes, spics, niggers, wops, fags, frogs, limeys, wetbacks, dagoes, bitches, micks, polacks, sheepfuckers, white trash, krauts, chinks, japs, gooks, hosers, ragheads, dotheads, redskins, and an Argentinian.

BUT NO IRISH!

You're a moron.

If we're on the subject.

Australians?

(Sheepfuckers = NZ.)

BUT NO IRISH!

You're a moron.

He was just trying to do Blazing Saddles

Hey, Y2Jerk, if it's such a benign word, why don't you walk aroung dropping N-bombs into your cel phone within hearing distance of someone, anyone black. If they're upset, calmly tell them that you're talking to your white friend, and they're being over-sensitive.

You wouldn't, would you? You know why? IT'S an OFFENSIVE WORD. Also you'd get your ass beat.

It's a word that is just off-limits to white people. it's pretty much the ugliest word in the English language along with 'cunt'. Anyone who uses the word in conversation is either ignorant or racist.

It's not offensive when morons like 50 Cent use it, but because Vince is white it's offensive. I think some of these hip-hop moguls and artists should ban the word. If blacks are willing to call themselves that, then it won't stop anyone else from using it as well.

Cunt is uglier. I can cheapen nigger and the other racial epithets, but I can't take the edge off cunt. It's my absolute last line of defense in an argument with a girl and I've never broken it out.

That's why included it in the post. There's no beating that word for nastiness.