TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SuperJerk

What's Up with the Main Page?

We really don't have enough writers. Seriously. A pedestrian layout doesn't mean death, lack of content does. This place has knowledge about virtually anything and people who are more than capable of writing a regular piece on something, anything. A big pool of talent would also safeguard against someone not being able to write on time or having to stop entirely. Instead of that subject matter being resumed by someone else, it dies and gets forgotten. A round of new writers and enthusiasm would help the main page reconquer the forums. Maybe we'll even, gasp - have threads devoted to pieces on the site again. New writers will want to plug their stuff, and the theoretical core audience revival will lead to greater exposure as reputation spreads again, a reputation we were well on a path to gain at one point. None of this requires fancy graphics or elaborate designs, just effort.

That’s great, we got enough writers. :) We just need someone like AreaCode212 who was an excellent graphics and web designer. I don't have time to re-vamp the current site, but can surely assist in the project.

You need to know Photoshop & dreamweaver to say the least.

I can use Photoshop, I'd be glad to help with some cosmetic stuff. Also, if we all want to write for the site, you should let us.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I could do columns about "The Lord Of The Rings" books.

...yeah...

Guest Leelee

I'd also have to be allowed to slight other writers.

Assuming that KingPK would be "writing" again, this would be necessary.

I like the blue TSM banner.

Kotz does bring up a good point that people might drop off from the writer pool. Maybe we should split column writing duties, with writers alternating weeks.

So how much clearer do I have to make it to admin that I am greatly interested in playing a major role in the renovation of the main page?

You should unveil your font plan.

All right...I'll go from writing a monthly column...to...BI-WEEKLY.

But, seriously, when R. Flagg is the only one who's posted new content in a month, can some fresh writers really hurt?

I realize several of you are wanting to become writers, I have been very busy recently and am working on plans to figure out how all this will work out and run. It would be very nice to talk to a web designer about some modifications to the site since i would imagine we would need more categories and such for the site. Basically the overall idea, would be a site composed full of numerous writers, but quality will be the focus. It will not be your own major published blog. :)

Guest Gogo.

I can use Photoshop, I'd be glad to help with some cosmetic stuff. Also, if we all want to write for the site, you should let us.

It would be very nice to talk to a web designer about some modifications to the site since i would imagine we would need more categories and such for the site.

Well, depending on the CMS you're using, that could be fairly stress-free. Are you guys using a custom-built CMS or one of the popular online models, like Mambo?

Though there should be some sort of quality control process that weeds out the crap from the quality stuff. I mean, let's not turn into another 411 with 10,000 writers here.

I just got completely and utterly burned the hell out from WWE this year and I'm too new a fan of TNA to really write about it when there are plenty of people that know much more than me. Ditto with MMA (I'd especially love to read Rudo and Co. do roundtables on UFC cards)