TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fook

These new fucking ads

Guest Fook

Seriously, what the fuck?

At first I thought it was spyware or some shit.

It's just linking random words to random shit. I keep thinking someone's put a link in their post (using the word "This" for some reason).

I know there are server costs and such, but don't clutter the site up with these ads. They don't help.

First, if the server cost were covered, then we would have no ads.

Second, the ads can generate up to $140 a month, from my experience on other sites. This one hasn't reached that, and I am experimenting which companies pay out more. Compare this site to others, and you tell me which look more cluttered, I am not using ANY pop-unders, only simple ad banners. One up top and one down below...

If you want to pay the $120/ month server bill, let me know and I’d be happy to remove all ads, and you can become an admin. 

I am sorry about the Clicksor ads, I did not realize they were highlighting words on the site and doing those little boxes. I have removed them. I am not planning or looking for invasive advertising, as I don't want to visit a site with popups and such, just as much as you all don't. The GoogleAdsense words up top, shouldn't be bothersome, they don't effect anything and they only take-up a little of the top of the page. However in the little time Clicksor ads were on here they made $0.88, for less than 24 hours, thats not too bad.

Edited by admin

I saw an ad at the bottom of the screen for age-defying wrinkle cream... unless you're selling the stuff to Dave Dymond, I don't know who your target market is

I have no control over what ads are displayed, all i could specify was non-adult ads. :) They are gone...

Guest Fook

Thanks for removing the Clicksor ads. They were becoming annoying.

The Google ads never bothered me that much since they're out of the way.

Guest Vitamin X
First, if the server cost were covered, then we would have no ads.

Second, the ads can generate up to $140 a month, from my experience on other sites. This one hasn't reached that, and I am experimenting which companies pay out more. Compare this site to others, and you tell me which look more cluttered, I am not using ANY pop-unders, only simple ad banners. One up top and one down below...

If you want to pay the $120/ month server bill, let me know and I’d be happy to remove all ads, and you can become an admin. 

I'd throw in for the server costs if only be being an admin I can finally move the board past its wrestling phase like most of the regulars here have. Oh, they can keep their folders and all, but it won't be the main focus of the site anymore.

The Clicksor ads scared the hell out of me. I thought I somehow managed to contract spyware on a mac and that would have been bad.

I'd throw in for the server costs if only be being an admin I can finally move the board past its wrestling phase like most of the regulars here have. Oh, they can keep their folders and all, but it won't be the main focus of the site anymore.

The main page is basically dead anyway. There's no focus on anything.

I say we do something new with The Main Page. But what? Wrestling With A Hint Of Similarly Nerdy Pop Culture is overdone. There are too many one-stop shops for recaps of Raw, Smackdown, and Joss Whedon shit. There must be something we can do.

I have no control over what ads are displayed, all i could specify was non-adult ads. :) They are gone...

Boo-urns.

Guest Vitamin X

The main page is basically dead anyway. There's no focus on anything.

I'm not talking about the main page, I'm talking about everything, including the forums. Do a little restructuring here and there. If anything, the wrestling posters may get an advantage in that the marks would get lost looking for the Wrestling folder and just give up and leave. That'd be nice.

I say we do something new with The Main Page. But what? Wrestling With A Hint Of Similarly Nerdy Pop Culture is overdone. There are too many one-stop shops for recaps of Raw, Smackdown, and Joss Whedon shit. There must be something we can do.

This site's best feature is its sports folder. It's diverse, knowledgeable and fun. The Music and Movies folder, along with the recent renaissance in the VG folder (recent being over the past 6 months or so) make this site much more of a Pop Culture site than a wrestling site. I'd say Similarly Nerdy Pop Culture with a Hint of Wrestling?

Guest Vitamin X

The Movies folder isn't THAT bad, though I think it probably deserves being split up between TV and Movies, not just one combined folder. Would probably make it better off in the long run.

Put up a question for people to answer before they can access the wrestling folders. Something only smarks from 2001 would know. That'll weed out some people

OMG so elitist.