TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smartly Pretty

So . . . what are the chances of Reggie Bush NOT winning the Heisman?

Guest Leelee

Vince Young is going to get a fair amount of votes. You know how those Big 12 types are. Plus, there's those like Wilbon that say a QB is 100x more important than a RB, because he touches the ball more.

Not saying Bush isn't a great player or deserving but there's no way he dosen't win it after the ESPN media machine got behind him.

You're hilarious.

To answer the question, Bush will win it, but it won't be a landslide or anything.

I think it will be a landslide.

How was what I said not true? The ESPN hype machine was behind Bush from day one. The other canidates don't get near the airtime, talk, hype, internet chats, or whatever ESPN uses to promote him.

Because players like Reggie Bush don't come around very often, so people are obviously going to talk about him. Vince Young gets plenty of hype though, and well deserved, so don't worry about that. In fact, he was on the cover of ESPN the Magazine last month.

I just find it ironic for an Oklahoma fan to be complaining about media hype.

Guest Leelee

They've both gotten a lot of hype.

And why would ESPN give extra attention to Bush? They don't show Pac-10 games. They usually ignored the conference, pre-dynasty USC. It's because Bush is a rare talent.

No OU player or OU the team has gotten as much hype as USC or it's players this season.

Just maybe it's because USC had won 2 straight national championships, and were the favorite for a 3rd in a row.

Yes well he was saying "It's ironic an OU fan would complain about hype" and I'm saying that OU has never gotten this kind of hype so his argument doesn't make sense.

Yo, someone close this. We've already got a thread. It's gonna get ugly otherwise.

Hey I didn't fucking start it. I make a comment and give my opinion and the USC fans jump on it. If anyone is to blame for these threads getting derailed it's them for jumping on every comment I make.

No OU player or OU the team has gotten as much hype as USC or it's players this season.

So I don't know what you're talking about there.

Before the Orange Bowl, Bob Stoops was the best coach ever, Adrian Peterson was the best Freshman RB ever and better than Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson combined, and Jason White was going to be a 2-time Heisman winner.

You're right, Oklahoma never got any media hype.

Guest Leelee

The Bob Stoops love was sickening after 2000.

Plus, it didn't help that OU were twice arguable selections for the national title game after that, and sucked hard in both games.

The Bob Stoops praise is warranted though. He really is a damn good coach and one of the best in the country.

He took a team in 2000 that didn't have any high profile names or top recruited talent and won the national title.

And this team that he made 7-4 this season should've finished 4-7.

And the Peterson hype was warranted. He's proven again this season that he's damn good as he's had some amazing run and did all of it with an ankle injury. Not to mention that if he hadn't been injured for 5 games he would've had about 1,900 yards and over 20 TDs.

I'm not saying the USC hype isn't warranted and I'm not saying they aren't damn good. I'm just saying it's reaching sickening levels.

And I never heard anybody say that Bob Stoops was the best in the country before the Orange Bowl last season. All the coaching love was centered on Pete.

And once again you all blame me for derailing threads when you're the ones that derailed it! I just gave my opinion and you all leapt on it and started this fight. So stop bitching about me because you're the ones that derail threads and start the fights.

If USC deserves the hype, how can it be sickening? the hyope Oklohoma got was just as bad.

If someone told me it was ok for me to shoot and kill a man it doesn't mean that I'd do it.

They can be hyped but not to this level to where they overshadow everything else in college football. If you listened to ESPN and USC fans you'd think that college football was "USC and Reggie Bush and a bunch of bums that don't deserve to be on the field."

Once again OU has never gotten hype anywhere near what USC has gotten. And no OU player has gotten that kind of hype. So that argument isn't valid.

I'm sure the argument would be valid if ESPN had been around during OU's 47 game winning streak but they weren't so therefore OU has never recieved that kind of hype from ESPN.

And once again you all blame me for derailing threads when you're the ones that derailed it! I just gave my opinion and you all leapt on it and started this fight. So stop bitching about me because you're the ones that derail threads and start the fights.

Not saying Bush isn't a great player or deserving but there's no way he dosen't win it after the ESPN media machine got behind him.

There's a broad line between an opinion and basically asking to start a eight-page thread about how ESPN hypes players. It doesn't matter this year. Reggie Bush, whether you want to believe it or not, is the best player in college football. Vince Young, unfortunately, had to have his finest year when a freak of nature had his.

I'm still not derailing the thread. I stated my opinion and the USC fans take it as an insult and start a fight.

People used to troll me about OU last season and if I commented it was my fault. So now if I say anything slightly wrong about USC and they go off it's my fault. Whereas if the tables were turned they'd be coming off as innocent.

So once again I did not derail this thread. I stated my opinion and they chose to respond and start the fight.

"Duck season!"

"Rabbit season!"

Anyways all I wanna know before this thread is eventually closed, is there any limit to the length of a thread title now?